GUILTY FL - Chance Walsh, 7 wks, North Port, 7 Oct 2015 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
After my daughter was born everyone warned me she would lose weight at first and it was in the "DON'T FREAK OUT IT'S OKAY" way because of course new mothers freak out when their babies lose weight or don't gain or fail to thrive. That's what we do. So why isn't a mother freaking out when her baby hasn't even gained a POUND in TWO MONTHS??!! I guess she had other things on her mind.

I suppose that rules out these taking the baby for any well care visits. Clearly, a pediatrician is a mandated reporter and would have, certainly, alerted the authorities that the baby had not gained any weight since birth. And no....not gaining weight for SEVEN WEEKS is not normal for any baby. IMO

Is this an error on the part of the reporter, then? She definitely said "federal" murder, but I don't understand that. On a quick Google search, I found that federal law/federal death penalty can come into play if the murder was related to torture or child rape/molestation/exploitation. I'd really resisted even considering that angle, and I still hope it's not true. But from the lists I saw, "federal" murder charges seemed to apply to more "organized" crimes of torture, child *advertiser censored*, etc. I'm really confused. Can anyone explain why the reporter said "federal?" I hope this doesn't mean that KB and JW will have it any easier or will be able to hide their crimes/records easier. They don't deserve it.

They are both charged under Florida criminal statute 782.04(1a2).

"782.04 Murder.—
(1)(a) The unlawful killing of a human being:
1. When perpetrated from a premeditated design to effect the death of the person killed or any human being;
2. When committed by a person engaged in the perpetration of, or in the attempt to perpetrate, any:
a. Trafficking offense prohibited by s. 893.135(1),
b. Arson,
c. Sexual battery,
d. Robbery,
e. Burglary,
f. Kidnapping,
g. Escape,
h. Aggravated child abuse,
i. Aggravated abuse of an elderly person or disabled adult,
j. Aircraft piracy,
k. Unlawful throwing, placing, or discharging of a destructive device or bomb,
l. Carjacking,
m. Home-invasion robbery,
n. Aggravated stalking,
o. Murder of another human being,
p. Resisting an officer with violence to his or her person,
q. Aggravated fleeing or eluding with serious bodily injury or death,
r. Felony that is an act of terrorism or is in furtherance of an act of terrorism; or"

https://cms.sarasotaclerk.com/Bench...Details/2059466?digest=qs4669eZyk0MEDP+E8un2A

BBM

--according to the DCF intake report, filed in July--- the day after chance was born, it states that KB was recently approved for section 8 housing/receives a disability check, and that JW works for a pizza company. his booking info on the sarasota jail site has his occupation listed as :cook.

http://archive.wtsp.com/assetpool/d...Bury Intake Report from 072815 - Redacted.pdf
--DCF intake report -7/28/2015

Oh yea, I remember reading that. Thanks Lauriej!

CharlestonGal He did time for fencing stolen property. I think that was his job. One of his arrest reports has his occupation listed as "Cook". He probably didn't tell them that what he was cooking was meth.
That sounds about right, CharlestonGal, thanks!

Everytime I read Felony Murder, I keep seeing it as Feral. Suits her to a T.

Thanks for finding that, Ontario Mom! So Chance weighed 6 pounds, 13 ounces at birth and 7 pounds at 7 weeks. It's been a long time since I had a newborn but that seems to be on the light side even considering a possible weight loss right after birth. Shouldn't he have been gaining around 5 - 7 ounces a week?

I went to look at my son's stats. He gained almost 4 pounds by the time he was 2 months old. He lost a tiny bit in the beginning but then gained steadily after that.

I went to look at my son's stats. He gained almost 4 pounds by the time he was 2 months old. He lost a tiny bit in the beginning but then gained steadily after that.

Yes, my kids gained about 4 lbs in 2 months as well.

My midwife says a loss of up to 10% is ok.

I just can't believe this. The poor little boy. I wish I could have picked him up and nuzzle him. A baby his age should have been smiling. They learn to smile by copying others smiling at them. Did little chance ever get a smile? Did he ever learn to smile? I haven't seen any.

Read today about a mom stabbing her 6 yo daughter in the stomach. I will never understand how people can be so dark. So many families would open their home.

Yes I thought she said Federal murder then thought she may have said Felony so I deleted that part of my post.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Charges for "federal murder" would come before a federal court.

E.g. Recently the newlywed who pushed her husband off a cliff was tried in federal court because the murder took place in a national park, which is federally owned land.

Federal courts generally act much quicker than state courts. IIRC the trial I used as an example above went to court relatively quickly and the whole trial didn't last more than a couple weeks.

Just want to add to all you parents out there that have shared your experiences of dealing with non-stop crying, colicky babies etc.: I admire your courage in sharing your stories, and even more so your courage to know when you needed to walk away for a few minutes to compose yourself, rather than letting your frustrations boil over onto an innocent child.

Rest in Peace dear sweet Chance. Justice is coming.

Thanks for the link! I see a post today saying the mother of Jackson Farrey was sentenced to 35 years. The autopsy on Jackson was inconclusive due to decomp. We may see the same thing happen in Chance's case but at least in his case we have the damning statements from the parents. In Jackson's case the parents basically claimed his death as accidental.

So on top of everything else his weight indicates that he may have been starved as well. I wonder what Duanes weight at time of death was? For awhile now on KB Facebook most of the photos in the Chance scrapbook have been locked or removed. (By her or LE?). I'm going to guess the photos were incriminating if she removed them, or evidence if LE removed them. They are blocked on JW page as well. Only the first 3 photos showing.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Look at her fb post on April 13, 2014 @11:30 pm

The irony for her to be aghast at this woman who had the bodies of deceased infants in her home. And to call her "*advertiser censored**ing sick." That's the pot calling the kettle black, isn't it??

I need help from someone who knows the court record lingo. I noted that JW and KB are assigned the same attorney, Jerome Meisner. KBs circuit court record shows this motion today:

"10/22/2015 MOTION TO WITHDRAW AND REQUEST FOR THE APPOINTMENT OF RC"

Does this mean the attorney is asking to drop KB and have another attorney assigned?

https://cms.sarasotaclerk.com/Bench...Details/2059464?digest=q9gmL6appf6EvyovNTHpVg

I need help from someone who knows the court record lingo. I noted that JW and KB are assigned the same attorney, Jerome Meisner. KBs circuit court record shows this motion today:

"10/22/2015 MOTION TO WITHDRAW AND REQUEST FOR THE APPOINTMENT OF RC"

Does this mean the attorney is asking to drop KB and have another attorney assigned?

https://cms.sarasotaclerk.com/Bench...Details/2059464?digest=q9gmL6appf6EvyovNTHpVg

I saw that today too. It says "lead attorney" or something, though. I think he is THE Public Defender and they each have a different assistant public defenders. That was my guess at least.

I saw that today too. It says "lead attorney" or something, though. I think he is THE Public Defender and they each have a different assistant public defenders. That was my guess at least.

Yes, he's listed as "Main Attorney" for both of them. I wonder if he had a choice as to which one to get rid of? And if so, it's interesting that he decided to get rid of KB and keep JW.

The irony for her to be aghast at this woman who had the bodies of deceased infants in her home. And to call her "*advertiser censored**ing sick." That's the pot calling the kettle black, isn't it??

Jeez she posts a lot. I scrolled and scrolled and scrolled til i got there but i don't see a post?

I like this one:

"I'm gonna love you til the day I die. And if God or anyone tries to take you away from me, they can try, but it's NEVER gonna happen."

Ummm...how's that working out for you there, Kristen?

Yes, my kids gained about 4 lbs in 2 months as well.

My midwife says a loss of up to 10% is ok.

I just can't believe this. The poor little boy. I wish I could have picked him up and nuzzle him. A baby his age should have been smiling. They learn to smile by copying others smiling at them. Did little chance ever get a smile? Did he ever learn to smile? I haven't seen any.

Read today about a mom stabbing her 6 yo daughter in the stomach. I will never understand how people can be so dark. So many families would open their home.

My mom and I took care of my nephew shortly after birth, because my sister checked herself into the hospital for treatment for severe PPD. During that time my nephew was colic. He lost weight after birth and was actually slightly smaller than his birth weight. The pediatrician told us not to worry, but did recommend a higher calorie formula. He eventually started gaining weight, although he was still very colicky. It is possible that KB actually fed him, but I highly doubt he saw a pediatrician. A pediatrician would've immediately known that KB and JW were unfit parents.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member