GUILTY FL - Cherish Perrywinkle, 8, Jacksonville, 21 June 2013 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I also noticed the mother's hair color change from black in the Walmart footage to red the next morning. I tried to give her the benefit of the doubt. In her shoes, I would have been tearing my hair out, not dying (dyeing?) it. :-/

Poor baby girl. May she fly with the angels. I hope her siblings will end up in protective custody, IMO.

RSBM: I noticed no one bothered to shampoo the children's hair :(

As far as what the BF alleged the father called them and said...
In moments of intense grief and sorrow over my child being murdered, I would have said the same thing. No, I wouldn't have been so restrained. I would have said much worse. The BF is trying to make the dad look like a jerk, and it's just silly.To me he sounds like an angry and devastated dad.

"This is a moment where people are upset, and the fact that he called Rayne telling her 'how dare you do this, this is all your fault' and then he called me and he said 'I knew this would happen. I hope you rot in hell.'"

Gee, genius...you think the father might be a bit upset, too?

Oh my gosh....Look at the comment beneath the article that is time stamped 11:08 today (Jun 25)

I didn't have high blood pressure until Saturday morning when I first saw the thread about Cherish missing and began reading anything and everything I can get my hands on. I've never had such a visceral reaction to anything I've ever heard before ... and I'm talking about the mother's account of what happened. If you look back in the thread, I didn't buy her story in the VERY beginning when Cherish was just missing, and I buy it even less now.

I've been reading WS for years, but recently started posting, so I don't know how to do all the cool things that everyone else here seems to know how to do, but I can direct you to today's sick-to-my stomach moment and maybe my ally Momrids6 can link the pics for me: If you look at the pic of Mom in the store with the perv, she has dark hair. I don't think it's the lighting either because that snapshot is very crisp. If you look at mom with her head down at the memorial service she's got flaming red hair all the way down to her scalp; in other words, no roots at all, a BRAND-NEW dye job. I think while she was "in mourning" and "blaming herself" she was also getting ready for her closeup. Remember how Susan Smith and had her hair blown out and perfectly curling-iron coiffed every time her and her crocodile tears appeared on camera?? So do I.
I noticed the very same thing about the hair! But I thought my eyes were tricking me! Brown in the Wally World photos, and a very unnatural red in the mourning photos.

My mind also went ".....she can't afford a dress for Cherish, but she can buy herself hair color?"

I'm going to assume that you're joking about being a ballerina. Looking at that mess doesn't scream grace and elegance, but that's just me.

"Dancer" is the politically-correct name for a stripper. Remember when "garbage men" used to pick up the trash? Now I wave to my "sanitation engineers".

I am dying laughing over this post!:floorlaugh: We used to call them "Trash Men":floorlaugh:

Sanitation Enginners!!! Political Correctness at it's finest!!!

Thanks for the laugh! I really, REALLY needed it!

I didn't have high blood pressure until Saturday morning when I first saw the thread about Cherish missing and began reading anything and everything I can get my hands on. I've never had such a visceral reaction to anything I've ever heard before ... and I'm talking about the mother's account of what happened. If you look back in the thread, I didn't buy her story in the VERY beginning when Cherish was just missing, and I buy it even less now.

I've been reading WS for years, but recently started posting, so I don't know how to do all the cool things that everyone else here seems to know how to do, but I can direct you to today's sick-to-my stomach moment and maybe my ally Momrids6 can link the pics for me: If you look at the pic of Mom in the store with the perv, she has dark hair. I don't think it's the lighting either because that snapshot is very crisp. If you look at mom with her head down at the memorial service she's got flaming red hair all the way down to her scalp; in other words, no roots at all, a BRAND-NEW dye job. I think while she was "in mourning" and "blaming herself" she was also getting ready for her closeup. Remember how Susan Smith and had her hair blown out and perfectly curling-iron coiffed every time her and her crocodile tears appeared on camera?? So do I.

I have the same reaction as you! I avoided reading about the memorial but last night finally clicked on it when I did and saw that brand new dye job I got physically sick to my stomach. I will never forget seeing Susan Smith on TV begging for her two sons return. I turned to my husband and told him she killed her boys,he thought I lost my mind because she was the very first parent of missing children that I ever had that reaction to.All the others my heart broke.If she was this careless especially living in FL where so many cases of murdered children have happened within a short time,she never would have made it to the age of 44.IMO

If teachers has such concerns then they could have contacted CPS.

I find it interesting since the parents lived in different states and the mother was the custodial parent. It's not like the Dad was at the school dropping off his daughter. I also think that schools have procedures in place if they think there is a child welfare issue.

So far all we have heard is an evaluator found that the home was rundown and didn't have air conditioning. That's not abuse or neglect that's just being poor.

We don't know that CPS wasn't contacted as well.

Yep. It actually CAN be neglect here. Last summer, our AC broke. We have dogs and a child. The AC company couldn't get here for 2 days. (Everywhere else had a longer wait.) The temp in our house was peaking at 110-115. They flat out told us, we can't have our child here, they would be required to call in on that. MANY people die here every summer, because of no a/c. We have air conditioning drives all over, to make sure people have at least window units. Heck, you can die without a/c in October here!!! People have been arrested for their children dying in a home without a/c.

It's serious business, and it's not just being poor. There are options out there. The kids could die, and someone was right to be concerned.

Correct. There are programs that provide a/c units, fans, and help with utility bills. In the case of the former two, they are advertised extensively during peak summer months; in the case of the latter, people who receive certain other services automatically get a letter telling about the program(s) which includes an easy-to-complete application. The turn-around time on a) getting reimbursement funds or b) getting a credit with the utility company is astonishingly quick.

I noticed the very same thing about the hair! But I thought my eyes were tricking me! Brown in the Wally World photos, and a very unnatural red in the mourning photos.

My mind also went ".....she can't afford a dress for Cherish, but she can buy herself hair color?"

People feel sorry for her they are helping her with money, she just lost her child. I read the comments from the memorial service and everyone wants to her because they feel she lost her because of being poor.My dad was rich had a pizza parlor and a bread bakery,my mom left him when I was born raised 3 daughters on $80.00 a month and 1 full time waitress job and 2 part time catering jobs(as needed). She was proposed to at least 3 different times throughout my childhood.Had she married any of them she would have been on easy st. she turned them all down because she did not trust bringing any man who was not our dad into our home.They never slept over and would only be around us in our home in her presence.She was a true gem.

I find it alarming that teachers would feel the need to contact the non-custodial parent to relate their concerns.

Totally respectfully, may I ask why people find this alarming? I guess I'm not seeing what others are seeing. He's still one of her two legal parents, he hasn't lost parental rights...as far as I know, there was no legal reason the school wouldn't/couldn't contact him, especially if they are confronted with a non-responsive mother. I would think they'd contact mom if she's custodial, then dad (custodial or not), then CPS if neither is responsive.

http://nces.ed.gov/pubs97/p97527/Exh_5_1.asp

Section 99.4 gives an example of the rights of parents. An educational agency or institution shall give full rights under the Act to either parent, unless the agency or institution has been provided with evidence that there is a court order, State statute, or legally binding document relating to such matters as divorce, separation, or custody, that specifically revokes these rights.This means that, in the case of divorce or separation, a school district must provide access to both natural parents, custodial and non-custodial, unless there is a legally binding document that specifically removes that parent's FERPA rights. In this context, a legally binding document is a court order or other legal paper that prohibits access to education record, or removes the parent's rights to have knowledge about his or her child's education.
Custody or other residential arrangements for a child do not, by themselves, affect the FERPA rights of the child's parents. One can best understand the FERPA position on parents' rights by separating the concept of custody from the concept of rights that FERPA gives parents. Custody, as a legal concept, establishes where a child will live, and often, the duties of the person(s) with whom the child lives. The FERPA, on the other hand, simply establishes the parents' right of access to and control of education record related to the child.

I know on all my children's school forms, it has us list info for both parents, and asks specifically if the child lives with one parent or both. But AFAIK, by law, he has a right to equal info about the child through the school so long as he is her legal parent, custodial or not, and so long is there is no legal barrier (i.e. restraining order or judicial ruling barring parental access).

I'm married with kids, never been divorced/had custody issues, so I'm just curious where people see the problem with the school contacting dad about health/education/before and/or after school transportation issues, if only to make him aware especially if mom is non-responsive and they think perhaps he can help with a remedy to the problem, out of state or not...

Just askin', and very respectfully, I hope! :seeya:

Totally respectfully, may I ask why people find this alarming? I guess I'm not seeing what others are seeing. He's still one of her two legal parents, he hasn't lost parental rights...as far as I know, there was no legal reason the school wouldn't/couldn't contact him, especially if they are confronted with a non-responsive mother. I would think they'd contact mom if she's custodial, then dad (custodial or not), then CPS if neither is responsive.

http://nces.ed.gov/pubs97/p97527/Exh_5_1.asp

Section 99.4 gives an example of the rights of parents. An educational agency or institution shall give full rights under the Act to either parent, unless the agency or institution has been provided with evidence that there is a court order, State statute, or legally binding document relating to such matters as divorce, separation, or custody, that specifically revokes these rights.This means that, in the case of divorce or separation, a school district must provide access to both natural parents, custodial and non-custodial, unless there is a legally binding document that specifically removes that parent's FERPA rights. In this context, a legally binding document is a court order or other legal paper that prohibits access to education record, or removes the parent's rights to have knowledge about his or her child's education.
Custody or other residential arrangements for a child do not, by themselves, affect the FERPA rights of the child's parents. One can best understand the FERPA position on parents' rights by separating the concept of custody from the concept of rights that FERPA gives parents. Custody, as a legal concept, establishes where a child will live, and often, the duties of the person(s) with whom the child lives. The FERPA, on the other hand, simply establishes the parents' right of access to and control of education record related to the child.

I know on all my children's school forms, it has us list info for both parents, and asks specifically if the child lives with one parent or both. But AFAIK, by law, he has a right to equal info about the child through the school so long as he is her legal parent, custodial or not, and so long is there is no legal barrier (i.e. restraining order or judicial ruling barring parental access).

I'm married with kids, never been divorced/had custody issues, so I'm just curious where people see the problem with the school contacting dad about health/education/before and/or after school transportation issues, if only to make him aware especially if mom is non-responsive and they think perhaps he can help with a remedy to the problem, out of state or not...

Just askin', and very respectfully, I hope! :seeya:

Because the first efforts would be to deal with any issues with a custodial parent. For teachers to get non-custodial parents involved indicates an elevated sense of urgency and issues of neglect that are ongoing and are not being addressed by the custodial parent and in the educators' estimation not being addressed by CPS/DHS quickly enough.

People feel sorry for her they are helping her with money, she just lost her child. I read the comments from the memorial service and everyone wants to her because they feel she lost her because of being poor.My dad was rich had a pizza parlor and a bread bakery,my mom left him when I was born raised 3 daughters on $80.00 a month and 1 full time waitress job and 2 part time catering jobs(as needed). She was proposed to at least 3 different times throughout my childhood.Had she married any of them she would have been on easy st. she turned them all down because she did not trust bringing any man who was not our dad into our home.They never slept over and would only be around us in our home in her presence.She was a true gem.

Your mom sounds like was a wonderful woman! A very thoughtful and protective mom indeed!:seeya:

With all due respect I don't think how this gorgeous little girl was conceived made her "poor". Not an ideal situation, but not all "strippers" are neglectful, horrid people.

The "poor" part is how she was murdered, and her life cut too short. No way am I excusing the mother, but conception? People are conceived under ideal circumstances and things go horribly wrong.

RIP little girl.

:rockon: Just jumping off of this to say "THANK YOU". I really hope nothing ever happens to myself or my kids.. I can hear it now.
Also I don't know where people come off with thinking strippers have PC terms. We don't. We are strippers - sex workers or exotic DANCERS. we are still dancers. While people may not see our job as "hard" or talent - it is. But not all media needs to be sensational and say stripper (she does have other kids who can probably use google). Dancer is a term that gets the point across.

It would be like calling a hooker the W word. It's the definition true enough, but do you really need to say it? Amazing how quick people are to burn women at the stake for being strippers, hookers etc. sex work has NOTHING to do with how well you can parent. There's addicts, grifters, jerks and incompetence at all professions.

Because the first efforts would be to deal with any issues with a custodial parent. For teachers to get non-custodial parents involved indicates an elevated sense of urgency and issues of neglect that are ongoing and are not being addressed by the custodial parent and in the educators' estimation not being addressed by CPS/DHS quickly enough.

Gotcha. I (incorrectly, I think) thought the implication was the school itself was doing something frighteningly wrong/not legal by contacting the father. Thanks for clarifying! :seeya:

So two separate subjects. One, DS is a monster, will never be rehabilitated, and should, in my opinion, get the death penalty for his crimes. Done with him.

Separate fact:

If we removed the fact that the caregiver for the evening of the 21st was biologically related to the child....

If a neighbor were babysitting the three children....took them the dollar general, started chatting with some strange man, put the three children in the stranger's van for a 'ride', hung out with dude at Wal-Mart and, after all this, turned their back on him and the child long enough for them to wander away together...

Wouldn't you think the babysitter should not be shocked if child endangerment/negligence charges were leveled on her? Because, IMO, there are 'stupid decisions', and there are child endangerment decisions. This is the latter. Unless the children are stranded in a snowstorm on the side of a deserted highway, putting children in a van with a total stranger is child endangerment.

And would you think this babysitter should be responsible for the health and safety of any other children in the future, especially the same children she endangered so horribly on the night of the 21st?

Oops, third subject...
I do really wish the mom (I heard her say cheeseburger), mom's victim's advocate (a dress FOR Cherish was the goal!) and the mom's boyfriend (she told her never to leave a store with strangers!) would stop bass-ackwards blaming the dead victim! :stormingmad:

:clap: :clap::clap::clap:

Could you imagine the uproar if this would have happened under a fathers care!!!!! IMO No one would be standing up for him, No one would be saying "We need to give him money since being poor caused this tragedy" He would have been arrested that night after telling this story to the police! If anyone would be saying "But he is the father who has to live with this" IMO most seeing that would have a stroke on the spot! This same attitude with "Mommy just made a mistake" is the very same attitude that Child Protection Services has and the very same one that Family Court has and the same one the Criminal Justice System has that let's these Pedophile walk freely around our children hurting them.Until we as a people see that yes Moms AND Dads make mistakes but children do have rights and when the mistakes come from someone mom or dad who has a pattern of bad judgement the child's right to live thru childhood trumps ANYONE else s right All IMO.

As far as what the BF alleged the father called them and said...
In moments of intense grief and sorrow over my child being murdered, I would have said the same thing. No, I wouldn't have been so restrained. I would have said much worse. The BF is trying to make the dad look like a jerk, and it's just silly.To me he sounds like an angry and devastated dad.

"This is a moment where people are upset, and the fact that he called Rayne telling her 'how dare you do this, this is all your fault' and then he called me and he said 'I knew this would happen. I hope you rot in hell.'"

Gee, genius...you think the father might be a bit upset, too?

IMO The boyfriend is not blameless either.He met that child when she was 10 months old, had the privilege of sharing life with her that her dad never got to share, her first steps,first birthday all those milestones and even just being there on a regular night. Neither see any fault in what has happened and frankly that makes me afraid for the 2 who are till alive.He also showed very bad judgement since he was aware of what his "WIFE" and the mother of his child was up to that night.

IMO The boyfriend is not blameless either.He met that child when she was 10 months old, had the privilege of sharing life with her that her dad never got to share, her first steps,first birthday all those milestones and even just being there on a regular night. Neither see any fault in what has happened and frankly that makes me afraid for the 2 who are till alive.He also showed very bad judgement since he was aware of what his "WIFE" and the mother of his child was up to that night.

Wait. He KNEW she was putting her child in that van? He knew what she had been doing? I have not heard that, so I just want to be sure I'm not misunderstanding!

Can someone tell me if I have this all wrong?

Boyfriend knew that she was going to dollar general.. but had NO idea she was going to wal-mart.. right?

So how did he know to go there to look for her?

Wait. He KNEW she was putting her child in that van? He knew what she had been doing? I have not heard that, so I just want to be sure I'm not misunderstanding!

I know in the first article I read that he knew and have read it in other articles. I know press makes mistakes but it has not been changed or corrected.When he spoke out he did not say he was unaware and called police worried because it was so late and she was gone with 3 children and 2 I think are his since he was been in her life for 8 yrs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Backhand