GUILTY FL - Cherish Perrywinkle, 8, Jacksonville, 21 June 2013 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Kmouse if you're talking about the single mother looking for help thing, look at the "Wanted" section of CL in any major city--it is rife with these requests. Some people seem to think that the "single mom card" is going to garner them pity enough that someone is just going to hand over money to them. Now, are some legitimate requests? Probably. Call me overprotective, but I think it's dangerous to put even the fact that I'm a single mother out there like that. It's a guilded invitation for a predator.

If you're talking about the "come over and hang out with me and my daughter" type posts, yes-I have reported. Internet Crimes Against Children is our friend.

I was talking about the "come over and hang out with me and my daughter" post. That makes the hair on the back of my neck stand up!
I hope there are more people out there like you reporting such things. That's something for the criminal intelligence analysts to delve into.
Yuck!

As for the "I'm a poor single Mom" posts. Those reek of grifters to me. Either grifters or veiled prostitution. Who needs sociology class when you have Craigslist.

So two separate subjects. One, DS is a monster, will never be rehabilitated, and should, in my opinion, get the death penalty for his crimes. Done with him.

Separate fact:

If we removed the fact that the caregiver for the evening of the 21st was biologically related to the child....

If a neighbor were babysitting the three children....took them the dollar general, started chatting with some strange man, put the three children in the stranger's van for a 'ride', hung out with dude at Wal-Mart and, after all this, turned their back on him and the child long enough for them to wander away together...

Wouldn't you think the babysitter should not be shocked if child endangerment/negligence charges were leveled on her? Because, IMO, there are 'stupid decisions', and there are child endangerment decisions. This is the latter. Unless the children are stranded in a snowstorm on the side of a deserted highway, putting children in a van with a total stranger is child endangerment.

And would you think this babysitter should be responsible for the health and safety of any other children in the future, especially the same children she endangered so horribly on the night of the 21st?

Oops, third subject...
I do really wish the mom (I heard her say cheeseburger), mom's victim's advocate (a dress FOR Cherish was the goal!) and the mom's boyfriend (she told her never to leave a store with strangers!) would stop bass-ackwards blaming the dead victim! :stormingmad:

Not if they tried with custodial parent first but the parent didn't listen.

If teachers has such concerns then they could have contacted CPS.

I find it interesting since the parents lived in different states and the mother was the custodial parent. It's not like the Dad was at the school dropping off his daughter. I also think that schools have procedures in place if they think there is a child welfare issue.

So far all we have heard is an evaluator found that the home was rundown and didn't have air conditioning. That's not abuse or neglect that's just being poor.

If teachers has such concerns then they could have contacted CPS.

I find it interesting since the parents lived in different states and the mother was the custodial parent. It's not like the Dad was at the school dropping off his daughter. I also think that schools have procedures in place if they think there is a child welfare issue.

So far all we have heard is an evaluator found that the home was rundown and didn't have air conditioning. That's not abuse or neglect that's just being poor.

Here is an example of the sort of thing I presume teachers contacted father about. And father couldn't be at the school dropping off his daughter. He was not awarded primary custody despite trying for years. So I fail to see why he should be blamed for not being able to drop her off at school.

"Wilkinson tells our partner Action News Rayne Perrywinkle has a spotty track record as a mother. He referenced one incident in which she was told Cherish had head lice and couldn't ride the bus to school. Wilkinson says Rayne ignored that warning and sent Cherish to school anyway, resulting in her being stranded twice at the school."
http://www.wokv.com/news/news/local/custody-battle-cherish-perrywinkle-dates-back-07/nYTbr/

"Also -- there's something very unsavoury to me about insinuating that Rayne was sexually motivated to any degree in accepting the company of Smith. There's NO evidence that is so. None. And insinuating that she's a *advertiser censored* isn't helping anyone, is it."

Ausgirl, I'm going to assume you are talking about my post and I'm going to clarify because this particular misinterpretation can be so so damaging. I want to make sure I don't leave room for that again.

I did not, and would not *ever* insinuate that another woman is a *advertiser censored*. Ew, even the word is distasteful. I also did not state that Cherish's mother was sexually motivated to go along with Smith. What I did say was that *if* mom lacked sexual boundaries for whatever reason, then she was vulnerable to falling prey to a predator.

If we lack boundaries, especially concerning our bodies and our sexuality, that makes us vulnerable. Not *advertiser censored*.

And by the way, while I realize that not having air conditioning could be due to not being able to pay for it-in some states that get hot it could very well be deadly.

As far as what the BF alleged the father called them and said...
In moments of intense grief and sorrow over my child being murdered, I would have said the same thing. No, I wouldn't have been so restrained. I would have said much worse. The BF is trying to make the dad look like a jerk, and it's just silly.To me he sounds like an angry and devastated dad.

"This is a moment where people are upset, and the fact that he called Rayne telling her 'how dare you do this, this is all your fault' and then he called me and he said 'I knew this would happen. I hope you rot in hell.'"

Gee, genius...you think the father might be a bit upset, too?

I would like to know if the mom would have gotten into the van if she hadnt had the children with her..

At a good guess id say not a chance

And by the way, while I realize that not having air conditioning could be due to not being able to pay for it-in some states that get hot it could very well be deadly.

Yep. It actually CAN be neglect here. Last summer, our AC broke. We have dogs and a child. The AC company couldn't get here for 2 days. (Everywhere else had a longer wait.) The temp in our house was peaking at 110-115. They flat out told us, we can't have our child here, they would be required to call in on that. MANY people die here every summer, because of no a/c. We have air conditioning drives all over, to make sure people have at least window units. Heck, you can die without a/c in October here!!! People have been arrested for their children dying in a home without a/c.

It's serious business, and it's not just being poor. There are options out there. The kids could die, and someone was right to be concerned.

Yep. It actually CAN be neglect here. Last summer, our AC broke. We have dogs and a child. The AC company couldn't get here for 2 days. (Everywhere else had a longer wait.) The temp in our house was peaking at 110-115. They flat out told us, we can't have our child here, they would be required to call in on that. MANY people die here every summer, because of no a/c. We have air conditioning drives all over, to make sure people have at least window units. Heck, you can die without a/c in October here!!! People have been arrested for their children dying in a home without a/c.

It's serious business, and it's not just being poor. There are options out there. The kids could die, and someone was right to be concerned.

People without air conditioning die here as well. It's too hot.

Is it just me, or is there an inordinate number of these sickos living in Florida????

Is it just me, or is there an inordinate number of these sickos living in Florida????

I don't think so. I think it just seems that way due to Florida's high population. I can name a lot of high-profile cases from California, and it seems that we also frequently have cases from that state too. I also heard it said that due to the Sunshine Law, Florida cases have a better chance to become high-profile in the national media due to all the information that can be released.

I was talking about the "come over and hang out with me and my daughter" post. That makes the hair on the back of my neck stand up!
I hope there are more people out there like you reporting such things. That's something for the criminal intelligence analysts to delve into.
Yuck!

As for the "I'm a poor single Mom" posts. Those reek of grifters to me. Either grifters or veiled prostitution. Who needs sociology class when you have Craigslist.

http://www.news4jax.com/news/boyfri...eaks/-/475880/20693252/-/5s2kgcz/-/index.html

"Cherish's mom says she told Cherish just last week to never leave a store with a stranger."

My anger says, "Gag me."
My compassion says, "Here is a grown woman trying to say the right things, the things she has heard about staying safe, but really she sadly probably has no idea how to live them."

Mom tells daughter to never go with a stranger, but then mom herself goes with a stranger? Mom was essentially the little kid playing on the sidewalk when the creepy perv pulled up in his van and offered her candy. In this case, he offered her $100. For that she was willing to go anywhere with the man. THAT was a poor example to her children. How many children have died because they wanted a sucker from a stranger, or to help look for a puppy? The only difference is that this little girl lost her life for her mother's greed and complete disregard for safety. Children should not take candy from strangers and mothers should not take money and gifts from creepy old men, no matter how poor they are! You cannot get your child back.

I don't think so. I think it just seems that way due to Florida's high population. I can name a lot of high-profile cases from California, and it seems that we also frequently have cases from that state too. I also heard it said that due to the Sunshine Law, Florida cases have a better chance to become high-profile in the national media due to all the information that can be released.

Population rank:
California
Texas
New York
Florida

California has certainly had it's share of crazies! We don't hear too much out of Texas or NY. Are there more pedophiles per capita in Florida?

It is the wife of the attorney who did the evaluation.
Here is an example of the sort of thing I presume teachers contacted father about. And father couldn't be at the school dropping off his daughter. He was not awarded primary custody despite trying for years. So I fail to see why he should be blamed for not being able to drop her off at school.

"Wilkinson tells our partner Action News Rayne Perrywinkle has a spotty track record as a mother. He referenced one incident in which she was told Cherish had head lice and couldn't ride the bus to school. Wilkinson says Rayne ignored that warning and sent Cherish to school anyway, resulting in her being stranded twice at the school."
http://www.wokv.com/news/news/local/custody-battle-cherish-perrywinkle-dates-back-07/nYTbr/

Population rank:
California
Texas
New York
Florida

California has certainly had it's share of crazies! We don't hear too much out of Texas or NY. Are there more pedophiles per capita in Florida?

It's not just you . Over the last few years I have noticed a TON of really bizarre and sad cases regarding kids out of Florida. I don't know if the numbers are actually different or if the cases are just more bizarre and publicized out of Florida. A few years ago I can remember several child abuse cases out of Florida like a mom putting her child in a waffle iron...... and some other really abnormal things. So I think it's just headline grabbing cases , not actual VOLUME. :(

Here is a map from this year about how many sex offenders are in each state. '
http://www.missingkids.com/en_US/documents/Sex_Offenders_Map.pdf#page=1

I don't know if something like this exists for high risk sex offenders per state.

Very insightful map, thank you! It is frightening to see those numbers. How many more are not registered/failed to register, or have not yet been caught? How many of those cases were minor offenses/statutory/consensual but underage vs. those who are truly a menace to society? There sure do seem to be a lot of monsters walking among us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela