GUILTY FL - Cherish Perrywinkle, 8, Jacksonville, 21 June 2013 #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not just you . Over the last few years I have noticed a TON of really bizarre and sad cases regarding kids out of Florida. I don't know if the numbers are actually different or if the cases are just more bizarre and publicized out of Florida. A few years ago I can remember several child abuse cases out of Florida like a mom putting her child in a waffle iron...... and some other really abnormal things. So I think it's just headline grabbing cases , not actual VOLUME. :(

A waffle iron?! Where do people get such sick ideas?

It's not just you . Over the last few years I have noticed a TON of really bizarre and sad cases regarding kids out of Florida. I don't know if the numbers are actually different or if the cases are just more bizarre and publicized out of Florida. A few years ago I can remember several child abuse cases out of Florida like a mom putting her child in a waffle iron...... and some other really abnormal things. So I think it's just headline grabbing cases , not actual VOLUME. :(

....... apparently Florida !

Right.......

I didn't have high blood pressure until Saturday morning when I first saw the thread about Cherish missing and began reading anything and everything I can get my hands on. I've never had such a visceral reaction to anything I've ever heard before ... and I'm talking about the mother's account of what happened. If you look back in the thread, I didn't buy her story in the VERY beginning when Cherish was just missing, and I buy it even less now.

I've been reading WS for years, but recently started posting, so I don't know how to do all the cool things that everyone else here seems to know how to do, but I can direct you to today's sick-to-my stomach moment and maybe my ally Momrids6 can link the pics for me: If you look at the pic of Mom in the store with the perv, she has dark hair. I don't think it's the lighting either because that snapshot is very crisp. If you look at mom with her head down at the memorial service she's got flaming red hair all the way down to her scalp; in other words, no roots at all, a BRAND-NEW dye job. I think while she was "in mourning" and "blaming herself" she was also getting ready for her closeup. Remember how Susan Smith and had her hair blown out and perfectly curling-iron coiffed every time her and her crocodile tears appeared on camera?? So do I.

I didn't have high blood pressure until Saturday morning when I first saw the thread about Cherish missing and began reading anything and everything I can get my hands on. I've never had such a visceral reaction to anything I've ever heard before ... and I'm talking about the mother's account of what happened. If you look back in the thread, I didn't buy her story in the VERY beginning when Cherish was just missing, and I buy it even less now.

I've been reading WS for years, but recently started posting, so I don't know how to do all the cool things that everyone else here seems to know how to do, but I can direct you to today's sick-to-my stomach moment and maybe my ally Momrids6 can link the pics for me: If you look at the pic of Mom in the store with the perv, she has dark hair. I don't think it's the lighting either because that snapshot is very crisp. If you look at mom with her head down at the memorial service she's got flaming red hair all the way down to her scalp; in other words, no roots at all, a BRAND-NEW dye job. I think while she was "in mourning" and "blaming herself" she was also getting ready for her closeup. Remember how Susan Smith and had her hair blown out and perfectly curling-iron coiffed every time her and her crocodile tears appeared on camera?? So do I.

Can you find those pictures and post a link here?

"Also -- there's something very unsavoury to me about insinuating that Rayne was sexually motivated to any degree in accepting the company of Smith. There's NO evidence that is so. None. And insinuating that she's a *advertiser censored* isn't helping anyone, is it."

Ausgirl, I'm going to assume you are talking about my post and I'm going to clarify because this particular misinterpretation can be so so damaging. I want to make sure I don't leave room for that again.

I did not, and would not *ever* insinuate that another woman is a *advertiser censored*. Ew, even the word is distasteful. I also did not state that Cherish's mother was sexually motivated to go along with Smith. What I did say was that *if* mom lacked sexual boundaries for whatever reason, then she was vulnerable to falling prey to a predator.

If we lack boundaries, especially concerning our bodies and our sexuality, that makes us vulnerable. Not *advertiser censored*.

No, it wasn't just your post, H. Several have irked me, speculating on sexual motives, mom's sexuality and lalala. Nothing to do with the murder of her child, IMO. Seems to me she was suckered by a promise of money, because she didn't have much and the pedo knew exactly what buttons to press. And she's also probably a bit stupid, allowing it all to happen.

I get what you're saying. Just - I think lack of sexual boundaries doesn't necessarily make people vulnerable. I have known plenty of people who are highly promiscuous but are nobody's fool at the same time and quite educated and successful in what they do...

I've also known many strippers who were great mothers, paid their taxes, saved their money, bought nice houses, private school for the kids.. no drugs, no sad stories. Nice folks.

It's all good, though. I just get knee-jerky over assumptions of that kind.

Lemme see if this works. I even see red dye on two spots on her forehead and on the pointer finger of her left hand.

12365309.jpg

The only article I read stated the mother was a "dancer". How did that

turn into a "stripper"? Did I miss something? She could have been a ballerina. And where was it documented that Cherish resulted from a one night stand? I read the attorney's remarks twice and disagree with making
This mother look to be of lower character. I am quite aware of her bad decision regarding letting the pervert near her little girls. But lets not make stuff up.

turn into a "stripper"? Did I miss something? She could have been a ballerina. And where was it documented that Cherish resulted from a one night stand? I read the attorney's remarks twice and disagree with making
This mother look to be of lower character. I am quite aware of her bad decision regarding letting the pervert near her little girls. But lets not make stuff up.

I'm going to assume that you're joking about being a ballerina. Looking at that mess doesn't scream grace and elegance, but that's just me.

"Dancer" is the politically-correct name for a stripper. Remember when "garbage men" used to pick up the trash? Now I wave to my "sanitation engineers".

Lemme see if this works. I even see red dye on two spots on her forehead and on the pointer finger of her left hand.

http://members.jacksonville.com/news/crime/2013-06-23/story/after-cherish-perrywinkles-death-hundreds-mourn#[/URL][/IMG]

I had to copy and paste this into my search bar, but the article did come up.
It should turn into a blue link once posted here, not sure why it didn't.

Her hair does look freshly colored. One does wonder how your hair color could be your focus when your child has been murdered, but then again, this lady clearly doesn't think the way we do.

I'm going to assume that you're joking about being a ballerina. Looking at that mess doesn't scream grace and elegance, but that's just me.

"Dancer" is the politically-correct name for a stripper. Remember when "garbage men" used to pick up the trash? Now I wave to my "sanitation engineers".

Too funny. Political correctness right?

Here...when people say "dancer," they don't mean anything, but stripper. I myself assumed that's what the article meant. Why wouldn't they just say ballerina? Also, I think one can assume "romantic encounter' NOT encounters, mean they had a one time experience. (Otherwise they would say, a series of encounters, encounters, a short term relationship, etc.) I realize they didn't jump come out and say it, but I think it's pretty obvious. I think they were using their better judgement and not being crass with saying, "The mother was a stripper and she had a one night stand with the father, a spectator." You get my drift. My opinion, of course.

Can you find those pictures and post a link here?

I noticed that too, and was wondering if it was Mom in the Walmart pix. Ill look for link of pix. I know the memorial pix was on the action news jax web site.

Population rank:
California
Texas
New York
Florida

California has certainly had it's share of crazies! We don't hear too much out of Texas or NY. Are there more pedophiles per capita in Florida?

I feel like we are almost conditioned to realize a case is from Florida vs. noticing it's from another state. I think Colorado is similar too now, where whenever a case happens there, it's always about how "weird" Colorado is. I've seen people mention the wildfires when discussing weird/bad stories that come out of Colorado...really?

There have been a lot of "odd" cases involving children out of NY too: The nanny who murdered the two kids, Leiby Kletzky, Levon Wameling, Nixsmary Brown, Diane Schuler, a woman from the Bronx gassed and poisoned her two kids, another mother who drove her minivan with three kids in the car into the Hudson River, Lauren Belius (little girl stabbed by mom's boyfriend), etc. If you go further back, you have Etan Patz and Lisa Steinberg.

Honestly, I think you could make a similar list for almost any state. The cases might not have gotten national coverage, but every state has its share of "
weird" cases. There's a website called Iowa Cold Cases, and there are so many weird unsolved cases from such a rural, low-populated state.

Here...when people say "dancer" here, they don't mean anything, but stripper. I myself assumed that's what the article meant. Why wouldn't they just say ballerina? Also, I think one can assume "romantic encounter' NOT encounters, mean they had a one time experience. (Otherwise they would say, a series of encounters, encounters, a short term relationship, etc.) I realize they didn't jump come out and say it, but I think it's pretty obvious. I think they were using their better judgement and not being crass with saying, "The mother was a stripper and she had a one night stand with the father, a spectator." You get my drift. My opinion, of course.

Hahahahaha!!!! Perfect. And it's also why they aren't reporting "Mother drags children along with creepy old pervert who offered her money but really wanted to defile and murder her child."

The main requirement for being a reporter is, after all, the ability to put perfume on a pig.

I also noticed the mother's hair color change from black in the Walmart footage to red the next morning. I tried to give her the benefit of the doubt. In her shoes, I would have been tearing my hair out, not dying (dyeing?) it. :-/

I did wonder if the suspect would dye his hair or change his appearance overnight, but I guess not. Guess he knew he & his van were allllll over store camera footage. He was going to prison, anyway, so WHYWHYWHY not just let her go? (Though, as a survivor of *****ty stuff myself, I'm aware that being let go & surviving also comes with its own caveats.)

Poor baby girl. May she fly with the angels. I hope her siblings will end up in protective custody, IMO.

Here...when people say "dancer" here, they don't mean anything, but stripper. I myself assumed that's what the article meant. Why wouldn't they just say ballerina? Also, I think one can assume "romantic encounter' NOT encounters, mean they had a one time experience. (Otherwise they would say, a series of encounters, encounters, a short term relationship, etc.) I realize they didn't jump come out and say it, but I think it's pretty obvious. I think they were using their better judgement and not being crass with saying, "The mother was a stripper and she had a one night stand with the father, a spectator." You get my drift. My opinion, of course.

I also noticed the mother's hair color change from black in the Walmart footage to red the next morning. I tried to give her the benefit of the doubt. In her shoes, I would have been tearing my hair out, not dying (dyeing?) it. :-/

I did wonder if the suspect would dye his hair or change his appearance overnight, but I guess not. Guess he knew he & his van were allllll over store camera footage. He was going to prison, anyway, so WHYWHYWHY not just let her go? (Though, as a survivor of *****ty stuff myself, I'm aware that being let go & surviving also comes with its own caveats.)

Poor baby girl. May she fly with the angels. I hope her siblings will end up in protective custody, IMO.

Surviving and being let go....

Not in any way to minimize what you endured, but you were given another chance. How many of those babies longed to see their mamas again in their final moments? How many parents would give ANYTHING to hold their sweet babies again? These predators don't just kill their victims, they kill entire families.

http://members.jacksonville.com/news/crime/2013-06-23/story/after-cherish-perrywinkles-death-hundreds-mourn#[/URL][/IMG]

I see a heartbroken, emotionally devastated family in the picture.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jasonax3