GUILTY FL - Cherish Perrywinkle, 8, Jacksonville, 21 June 2013 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
And we have yet to hear how the mother got to DG with a heavy stroller and three little kids in tow, have we?

To be fair, it was initial news articles who reported the "into" when the police report said "to"

I think the main point was how horrifying it was she was sending Cherish anywhere with him, let alone to or into a changing room. :twocents:

ETA Link:

Rayne Perrywinkle told police Smith took Cherish into a dressing room twice, and expressed interest in buying the girl high heels.

http://www.actionnewsjax.com/conten...erish-Perrywinkle/kBlpqFPYC02ggWPYl6hZMQ.cspx

Is there a police report stating this? The police report I read from Sunday or Monday didn't say anything about a dressing room. Perhaps it has been updated? Link?

And we have yet to hear how the mother got to DG with a heavy stroller and three little kids in tow, have we?

I don't believe so. I had assumed she walked, with the littler two in the stroller, and Cherish on foot. BUT...it didn't appear she entered DG with children in the stroller, at all. The BF has diarrhea of the mouth, so I figure he would have said how she got there. I find it interesting he makes no mention.

That is the dispatch log that just says he took her to the dressing room. But the jax news article says that the report says she says he took her into the dressing room. Sorry to beat this dead horse but if the news article is saying the reports says he took her into the dressing room I would like to see the report. The police report that I read earlier in the week didn't say anything about a dressing room, so perhaps there is a more updated report out there?

And the news reporter may be educated but doesn't mean she will write an accurate report. I have read plenty of news articles from educated writers that have had inaccurate info, grammatical errors, and typos.

I really wish they would release the 911 call.

That is the dispatch log that just says he took her to the dressing room. But the jax news article says that the report says she says he took her into the dressing room. Sorry to beat this dead horse but if the news article is saying the reports says he took her into the dressing room I would like to see the report. The police report that I read earlier in the week didn't say anything about a dressing room, so perhaps there is a more updated report out there?

And the news reporter may be educated but doesn't mean she will write an accurate report. I have read plenty of news articles from educated writers that have had inaccurate info, grammatical errors, and typos.

BBM. No, actually it doesn't. it says she told the police that but doesn't elaborate where the reporter learned that from.

Police documents show Rayne reported that she met accused killer Donald James Smith at the Dollar General store on Edgewood Avenue Friday evening, and that he gave Rayne and her children a ride to the Walmart on Lem Turner. Police say Smith offered to buy new clothes for Rayne and Cherish because he could see they were in need.

Rayne Perrywinkle told police Smith took Cherish into a dressing room twice, and expressed interest in buying the girl high heels. Smith later went to the McDonald's inside Walmart, and Rayne tells police her daughter followed. She reported her daughter missing to police 30 minutes later.

Opinion needed on this seeming mistake on the Log:

On page 1 @ 23:20:48 - 'MALE SAID HIS NAME IS DAWN'
I think that's supposed to be 'DON'

Well, there's also caller name Ms Rayne, recommented, poka dot dress, to much attention, virgan islands, Cherish's name is spelled both right and wrong in that dispatch log.

They try to type fast and errors occur.

Because dispatchers make typos or don't hear things properly in the first place.

Smith even fooled the boyfriend of Perrywinkle's mother, who said the man came off as family oriented.

what? our power is off due to storm and my battery is dying.. so no video... fill me in here?!

Naw Fig, its just the way that people seem to spell names in that town.

This is the 911 operator's report that JSO (Jacksonville Sheriff's Office) made available online. This is the 'report' to which is being referred, and to which the MSM reports were erroneously transcribing "IN" to "INTO".

By 'report', the article means the 911 log report.

The mother told the 911 operator that he took her TO the dressing room.

The 911 log is part of the overall police report.

That is all.

I don't think I implied her education meant she can't make mistakes. I implied she wasn't some 'Joe-Schmo writing an online news article.' :seeya:

A more detailed dispatch timeline of the events that led to Cherish’s death also was released Wednesday by police. It said dispatchers were told the suspect’s van was carpeted, he took Cherish to a dressing room twice, wanted her to buy high heels, told the family he worked at Habijax and said his wife they were meeting was from the Virgin Islands. Her mother also advised the dispatcher that he was paying too much attention to the 8-year-old.

http://jacksonville.com/news/crime/...kle-abductiondeath-key-evidence#ixzz2XYPoYWSG

BBM this clearly states that info was gleaned from LE and a dispatch report or timeline from dispatch (LE).

Do I wish I had a PDF of the actual report referred to? You bet. But at this time this is all I have in way of links substantiating this info. Since it is MSM and it clearly states the info came from LE it will have to do for now. As always, people are free to believe the article is accurate or not.

A more detailed dispatch timeline of the events that led to Cherish’s death also was released Wednesday by police. It said dispatchers were told the suspect’s van was carpeted, he took Cherish to a dressing room twice, wanted her to buy high heels, told the family he worked at Habijax and said his wife they were meeting was from the Virgin Islands. Her mother also advised the dispatcher that he was paying too much attention to the 8-year-old.

http://jacksonville.com/news/crime/...kle-abductiondeath-key-evidence#ixzz2XYPoYWSG

BBM this clearly states that info was gleaned from LE and a dispatch report or timeline from dispatch (LE).

Do I wish I had a PDF of the actual report referred to? You bet. But at this time this is all I have in way of links substantiating this info. Since it is MSM and it clearly states the info came from LE it will have to do for now. As always, people are free to believe the article is accurate or not.

http://www.news4jax.com/blob/view/-...ncident-recap-in-Cherish-Perrywinkle-case.pdf

what? our power is off due to storm and my battery is dying.. so no video... fill me in here?!

It was a video report, and the reporter made it sound like Aharon had personal knowledge that the RSO represented himself as a family man, but in reality most people believe that Aharon was just retelling the story that Rayne told him.

Naw Fig, its just the way that people seem to spell names in that town.
;) :)
On a serious note I wondered if RP still had an Australian accent and that was a partial reason (on this particular call).

This is the 911 operator's report that JSO (Jacksonville Sheriff's Office) made available online. This is the 'report' to which is being referred, and to which the MSM reports were erroneously transcribing "IN" to "INTO".

By 'report', the article means the 911 log report.

The mother told the 911 operator that he took her TO the dressing room.

The 911 log is part of the overall police report.

That is all.

I don't think I implied her education meant she can't make mistakes. I implied she wasn't some 'Joe-Schmo writing an online news article.' :seeya:

Ok.

I'm just having a rough day and this case doesn't help my mood I guess. I should probably just step away now b/c the whole situation (what Cherish's mom did) just really is too much for me today and I worry I am coming off as argumentative.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper