GUILTY FL - Cherish Perrywinkle, 8, Jacksonville, 21 June 2013 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I really think that Rayne is mentally ill and brain damaged (probably from years of drug use).

I'm not saying that to be cruel, I worked with dual-diagnosed individuals for years and she talks/behaves exactly like my old clients used to. She's never had the judgment and intelligence to properly care for children and she never will. As a society we would be doing those two girls an injustice to ever return them to her as she is permanently mentally disabled. I can't even get angry with her, she has no clue and that sad piece of paper she's parading about just proves her lack of intelligence. It's depressing that the media is exploiting her to be honest.

I have thought & said all along that there seems to be such a disconnect going on with this woman, and that I thought drugs might well be some part of it. Your comments make a lot of sense -- meth was one possibility I considered, but I don't know much about it really, and I certainly don't know the long-term affects (other than horrible hygiene, weight loss, and general affect & appearance, etc.).

And it was said she passed some type of drug test...hmmmm. I wonder for which drugs they tested.

Your comments are making me think on a new angle... thanks. And I hope the other two children don't suffer for the rest of their lives due to her lack of ~whatever~... And I hope they are happy & feel safe where they are now, oh how I do.

MHO.

Ugh, that is an issue that makes me livid. We lock druggies up for 20+ years and turn these predators out in our communities. Our priorities are all screwed up but I'm off to take the nieces to orientation so I can't rant for hours. School starts Thursday. /cry

You said it! Six years for manslaughter and 15 years for a pound of pot. Yeah, we've got our priorities set right.

...as a box of rocks....

That about sums it up. How convenient that she knew the "puppy trick" but was taken in by the gift certificate and dollar menu cheeseburger ruse. DS must have thought that he hit the village idiot lottery when he happened upon her. It is a miracle that only Cherish lost her life that day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IMO, yes.

I don't know about FL laws on kidnapping, but many states consider holding someone again his/her will is regarded as kidnapping -- so little Cherish, I'm sure, at some point didn't want to be with that man. And I'll give RP one tiny bit of credit, grudgingly, that she did not want that man to keep her daughter indefinitely. I will assume (grudgingly again) that RP thought the "nice man" would come back with Cherish in a few minutes.

I also assume RP was hoping to see them both again because she was also thinking about that gift certificate... Grrrrrr.

I've never really had that impression. I still wonder if she'd have called 911 if he'd have handed her the gift cert before walking out with Cherish.

Keep in mind Cherish had an early morning flight the following day and Rayne didn't have a vehicle.

That about sums it up. How convenient that she knew the "puppy trick" but was taken in by the gift certificate and dollar menu cheeseburger ruse. DS must have thought that he hit the village idiot lottery when he happened upon her. It is a miracle that only Cherish lost her life that day.

And let us not forget the fitting rooms. If any babysitter had consented to a strange man taking the child they are responsible for to a changing room, multiple times, they would be arrested for child endangerment, possibly accessory to child molestation or similar. But I guess mothers in Florida can do that and not be charged with child endangerment so long as their child ends up dead. Then they've been 'punished enough'. :banghead:

And let us not forget the fitting rooms. If any babysitter had consented to a strange man taking the child they are responsible for to a changing room, multiple times, they would be arrested for child endangerment, possibly accessory to child molestation or similar. But I guess mothers in Florida can do that and not be charged with child endangerment so long as their child ends up dead. Then they've been 'punished enough'. :banghead:

THIS! We are far to easy on mothers and I don't understand that. I should be held to a far higher standard than anyone else when it comes to parenting and protecting my child. If I, the person that chose to conceive, carry and birth my child, am not responsible and accountable for that child then why should anyone else be? The village didn't bring my kids into this world and while it would be great if they show them compassion and kindness it isn't required.

Furthermore, It is rather insulting to suggest that by virtue of being a mother I'm due extra consideration for making stupid decisions. Replace mother with woman, African American or gay and see how well that goes over.

I've never really had that impression. I still wonder if she'd have called 911 if he'd have handed her the gift cert before walking out with Cherish.

Keep in mind Cherish had an early morning flight the following day and Rayne didn't have a vehicle.

I've never had that impression either. Idk what the plan was but I don't think that Cherish was ever meant to board a plane the next morning. I do not believe that the whole story has came out and I'm not sure that it ever will unless DS opts to tell it ...

I am angry at the man who killed Cherish but I too am angry at this mother because IMO this could not have happened to her daughter had she not made mind boggling decisions that made it possible.

She has a history of making such bad decisions hence the previous cases with CPS and the fact that her other children are still in the care of the foster system as far as I know.

They way in which she comported herself after the crime did nothing to earn her any of my sympathy either.

Won't see me on here calling her out of her name but neither will you see one lick of sympathy from me towards her on these threads.

She has a history of making such bad decisions hence the previous cases with CPS and the fact that her other children are still in the care of the foster system as far as I know.

Respectfully snipped and BBM:

They are still in foster care. And it is believed that the most recent CPS hearings have been closed to the media because the state is seeking termination of parental rights.

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/story/news/local/2014/08/10/rayne-perrywinkle-custody-battle/13865137/

All parties argued and Judge Davis agreed that by statute the hearing should be closed. A gag order was issued to all parties.

The termination of parental rights was also discussed, but the hearing was delayed until August 18 at 9 a.m.

Rayne, who claims to want justice for Cherish, did not show up to the alleged murderer's recent hearing.

Wednesday, Smith wore inmate orange pants and T-shirt and white shoes. The sound of his restraints could be heard banging together as he shuffled about a dozen steps to stand next to Gazaleh. He never looked back at cameras pointed at him or the two armed police officers standing behind him. Rayne Perrywinkle, who has attended some of the court hearings, was not present.

Read more at Jacksonville.com: http://jacksonville.com/news/crime/...-8-year-old-cherish-perrywinkle#ixzz3CNU0Qw1Q

BBM

This! Can you imagine? He must have thought he was dreaming and would wake up at any moment. Too bad it wasn't really just a dream. :(

ETA. . .I don't believe for a second this had anything to do with Rayne just being stupid. You can't convince me, even with her drug use, that her maternal instinct wasn't going off, even just a little bit. She just chose to ignore it. . . .straight up selfishness. Look at Shaniya Davis' mom! I'll throw Relisha Rudd's mom under that same bus. These weren't naive women. They knew. They just didn't care! :furious:

This-

"they knew and just didn't care".

Exactly.

BBM

This! Can you imagine? He must have thought he was dreaming and would wake up at any moment. Too bad it wasn't really just a dream. :(

ETA. . .I don't believe for a second this had anything to do with Rayne just being stupid. You can't convince me, even with her drug use, that her maternal instinct wasn't going off, even just a little bit. She just chose to ignore it. . . .straight up selfishness. Look at Shaniya Davis' mom! I'll throw Relisha Rudd's mom under that same bus. These weren't naive women. They knew. They just didn't care! :furious:

Totally agree! Thank you!

This-

"they knew and just didn't care".

Exactly.

Those little girls -- they somehow have made it this far -- are they okay? I just want to cry -- but at least that monster didn't take all three of them. Again, I hope they are happy, eating good food, tucked in by caring folks and sleeping well at night. They've got each other, AFAIK, so that is a real plus for both of them. Good wishes and good futures for both, I'm hoping.

November 4, 2014

The man accused of kidnapping, raping and murdering 8-year-old Cherish Perrywinkle appeared in court Tuesday morning.

During a brief hearing, Donald Smith waived his right to have the jury sequestered between the first and second part of his upcoming murder trial.

Jury selection begins January 20 in Duval County Circuit Judge Mallory Cooper's courtroom.

The trial is scheduled to start January 26. The judge has marked off February 9-10 for the death penalty phase of the trial if he is convicted.

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/story...onald-smith-trial-still-on-schedule/18459493/

Assistant State Attorney Mark Caliel said there might be an issue with some content on a computer. Attorneys did not state who the device might belong to. :thinking:

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/story...le-donald-smith-cherish-perrywinkle/12733805/

Smith's public defender asks to be removed from the case, judge denies motion...

http://www.news4jax.com/news/accused-killers-attorney-asks-to-be-removed/29953890

Public defender Fred Gazaleh's request was denied by a judge, but that decision is expected to be appealed.
Gazaleh argued he can no longer represent Smith because of a conflict within his office resulting from another inmate coming forward claiming to have evidence against Smith. The issue of Smith's representation came up in a hearing last Friday, and another hearing is scheduled for next week.
If Gazaleh had not disclosed the conflict to the judge, he could have been disbarred, so Reep said in this case Gazaleh did exactly what he's legally required to do.

http://www.news4jax.com/news/smiths-attorney-to-appeal-to-be-removed-from-case/30055112

Smith's attorney appeals to be removed from case

The attorney assigned to defend Donald Smith -- the man charged with the kidnap, rape and murder of 8-year-old Cherish Perrywinkle -- has appealed to the First District Court of Appeal to be removed from the case.

Last week, public defender Fred Gazaleh's request to withdraw himself was denied by Judge Mallory Cooper. A pretrial hearing in the case was held Thursday.

Gazaleh said he has a conflict with the case because of what Smith apparently told another client Gazaleh represents while the two were in jail.

The state has made it clear it doesn't plan to use that client in trial, so Cooper said there's no conflict.

Galazeh argues he has a duty to tell Smith all he knows about the case, but can't without breaching confidence with his other client.

If the appeals court decides to hear the argument, the trial could be delayed.

More at link

http://jacksonville.com/news/crime/...-says-man-accused-killing-cherish-perrywinkle

A Jacksonville man facing the death penalty has told the Times-Union he has information about an unsolved kidnapping, rape and homicide he said was committed by the same man charged with raping and killing 8-year-old Cherish Perrywinkle.

But prosecutors don’t believe Randall Deviney is telling the truth...

He sent a three-page letter to the Times-Union saying he is willing to tell State Attorney Angela Corey’s office everything he knows about what he says was Donald James Smith’s involvement in this cold case. But he will only talk if Corey’s office stops pursuing the death penalty against him.

From that article:
"And the burial. WOW. That changes things for me in a big way.

I hope JSO is looking at any other missing children from times he wasn't in prison.

Cherish could be his 1st murder victim but any old cases they have deserve another look-see. I am so, so, so glad that the person who lives near the church called JSO!!! So glad. I believe without that tip, we would still be having this discussion in the Missing forum. He would have never told where she was, IMO.

I'm creeped out. Have you already discussed HaLeigh possibility? Is it allowed on here?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member