GUILTY FL - Cherish Perrywinkle, 8, Jacksonville, 21 June 2013 #5 *GRAPHIC CONTENT*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm thinking that the prosecutions arguments and witnesses are going to be a lot more compelling than these last two days

Well, I'm off to tell DH what I want him to get me for dinner tonight.
See you all for closings and verdict.

Was the son used to garner sympathy toward the idea that the son needs his dad alive? I can’t see any other reason. It didn’t change my mind.

He may genuinely be the only person who wants DS alive...children often testify in DP cases because despite the horrors of the person, that is their one biological mother/father and that can't be replaced. It's a last ditch effort for the jury to sympathize with the children and not want to take something away from them. This was not a very convincing example, IMO.

Beginning at 9:30AM tomorrow. Closing arguments, jury instructions, and deliberations.

I'm thinking that the prosecutions arguments and witnesses are going to be a lot more compelling than these last two days

So do the prosecution not get to argue why the should die? Why did I think they did?

I do feel bad for the Son. He appears to have a strong religious conviction and would not support the DP. IMO he is being manipulated by a master. I need you to do this for me Son. I hope the Jurors can keep their emotion out of it. This crime calls for the DP. If they follow the Law and Instructions they should have no problem reaching a DP verdict.

So do the prosecution not get to argue why the should die? Why did I think they did?

They went first. Only called one witness, the prior victim of attempted kidnapping when she was 13. There's a link to the video of her testimony upthread. It's at the end of Day 1 Part 1 (let me see if I can grab the link)

ETA:
Link to Jezhead's post with youtube links
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/s...HIC-CONTENT*-*GUILTY*&p=13942238#post13942238

Direct link to youtube of first part of sentencing: https://youtu.be/GLDiNiHfcuc

I had to leave for about an hour and a half and I know a missed a lot. What are they doing now?

Describes building a relationship with DS more recently, talks to him at least once a week. Has an understanding of DS "chasing the drug" or "chasing the high." DS being incarcerated has helped Jr. stay sober. Jr. better understands how to father his own kid(s) because of DS('s mistakes).

Yes, good description -- and it was tuff listening to DS Jr. But he sounds like he is on the right track, unlike his dad at that age.

DS Jr's turnaround is due to his faith and to his own efforts. It is not to DS the father. DS, Sr did show his son how NOT to be -- should that mitigate his wrong-doing even a teeny bit? I don't think so. Credit to the son for being smarter than his dad, and for working hard on his addiction. I wish him all the best. JMHO

I had to leave for about an hour and a half and I know a missed a lot. What are they doing now?

The jury was dismissed around 4:30 and after that the judge was going through the evidence that had been presented by the defense. I turned it off about a half hour ago.

They went first. Only called one witness, the prior victim of attempted kidnapping when she was 13. There's a link to the video of her testimony upthread. It's at the end of Day 1 Part 1 (let me see if I can grab the link)

ETA:
Link to Jezhead's post with youtube links
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/s...HIC-CONTENT*-*GUILTY*&p=13942238#post13942238

Direct link to youtube of first part of sentencing: https://youtu.be/GLDiNiHfcuc

Ah yes, why did I forget about that. It was the most compelling part of the penalty phase.

I have a question...

When Valerie Rao was testifying (the medical examiner) and they were showing all of those pictures of Charish's genitals... did Donald get to watch that? I just keep thinking to myself, "He is enjoying the heck out of himself right now..."

PLEASE tell me he didn't get to see those pictures.

I have a question...

When Valerie Rao was testifying (the medical examiner) and they were showing all of those pictures of Charish's genitals... did Donald get to watch that? I just keep thinking to myself, "He is enjoying the heck out of himself right now..."

PLEASE tell me he didn't get to see those pictures.

He could have looked. Reporter/s tweeted that he did not look.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Turtle1973