GUILTY FL - Christian Aguilar, 18, UF student, Gainesville, 20 Sept 2012 #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The report that the cell phone has turned on and off since that Thursday seems unreliable, as the same report mentions that PB claimed to have left Christian by UF. LE has been clear regarding the 8:14pm cell phone shut off, and the police report does not mention anything about a field by UF. Not discounting the possibility entirely, but am doubtful of the accuracy of reporting. (Although if true... there is a lot of wildlife in the area. Once saw a fox bounding down University Avenue downtown. And it is true about the huge number of homeless living in tents in the woods all over Gainesville.)

I also have my doubts re: the claim that PB punched CA unconscious in the parking lot of Streit's. Although it is not the most traveled part of NW 13th, at 6pm it sees a fair number of travelers and there's not a whole lot to look at on that stretch. Someone being punched for 10 minutes would have been noticed.

I wonder if he purchased the shovel and duct tape at the Home Depot right up the road from there. Why identify that area unless he had been there recently, if not to harm this young man then for another purpose.

One thing is for sure... putting together a timeline for this situation is utterly frustrating.

p.s. Anyone know if they've extended their search to Ocala National?

Hi all, New poster. Those thoughts went through my mind after reading the article as well. At least I got a feeling that they feel they are very close to finding him. Hoping it to be true. :please:

Hi all, New poster. Those thoughts went through my mind after reading the article as well. At least I got a feeling that they feel they are very close to finding him. Hoping it to be true. :please:

I so hope your right and

:welcome: to WS

:welcome4: Einaphets!

FYI, saw this article too. Sure hope that it's because they're close, but am feeling skeptical. Perhaps funding for the search, when nothing has been found, is the real motivation. At least until something substantial turns up. I feel so sad for Christian's family. Often a hunter or land development aids more in searches when they stumble upon something.
http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/10/04/3034777/gainesville-police-shut-down-volunteer.html

IIRC... There have been times when LE request no more "civilian" searchers...

then reports indicate missing person has been found...

am I way off base... Or is this a possibility?

Just wondering....:waitasec:

Maybe Pedro told them where he is and they will go out today and get him!

But I thought the same as you.

Coldpizza...This article sounds like they know something. Please let Christian be found today. His family needs closure.

“Anything that is found at this point of the investigation will be considered evidence,” he said. “We can’t risk the integrity of that evidence being handled by anyone but law enforcement.”

Coldpizza...This article sounds like they know something. Please let Christian be found today. His family needs closure.

“Anything that is found at this point of the investigation will be considered evidence,” he said. “We can’t risk the integrity of that evidence being handled by anyone but law enforcement.”

I see what you mean.

Now, the search areas have been narrowed down, Tobias said.
http://www.alligator.org/news/local/article_3fccfa98-0ea0-11e2-9774-0019bb2963f4.html

And the part where he states they don't want to compromise any potential crime scene.

Welcome to WS

:welcome:

According to a comment from Carlos Aquilar on the find Christian facebook group the search is back on at the farm bureau over the weekend. I'm not sure if its going to he led by gpd or what. I can't copy and paste fb posts can I?

Interesting, but a former student from Doral has been in touch, indirectly, with Carlos Aguilar. She had a dream where she saw Christian and he asked her if people were still searching for him. When she replied "yes" he asked if an area called Duran or Durante associated with a church had been checked. When she attempted to ask her where that was, he ran away...
Apparently there is an area near Spyglass apts, where PB lives, that has a bike trail and a grassy park. It's tucked away behind many neighborhoods in the area. Someone is going there now to search.
http://rungainesville.wordpress.com/2011/09/02/green-acres-nature-park-gainesville-florida/

And Barefoot is correct, Carlos is continuing the search this weekend. They are extending the search through the weekend, passing out flyers at the Gator game and perhaps getting announcement time there also. There will be mobs of people tailgating in G'ville this weekend.

Sorry, forgot to mention that the area that contains the park is called Durant Estates.

wow, Ray of hope!

I so hope this dream tip turns out helping to find Christian! :please:

I think it would be so comforting to the Aguilars to know that, even if Christian isn't found alive, that it was him who led them to the body. KWIM?

I hope he's found this weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member