FL FL - Clermont, WhtMale UP6030, 24-32, transgender, breast implants, Sep'88

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I agree! “The stuff movies are made of”. I do think regardless of if Freddy is our girl or not, this person’s story will told for generations to come! As will many of the cases being solved now!
I just want her soul to be at peace :)

Thank you! I appreciate your kind words and even more so your honest opinion! The chance is one in a million! I don’t deny that. This is my first time writing about a far fetched theory, I prefer to stick with facts and cold hard proof. Something about this has just stuck with me. Maybe it’s what Freddy needs to find that one person who recognizes him! Only time will tell!

As always,
Thank you all!
•MMcG•

Sweetie, you know I'm from the Netherlands...I know all the missing persons cases and the unidentitified...make me also very down to earth...

Sweetie, you know I'm from the Netherlands...I know all the missing persons cases and the unidentitified...make me also very down to earth...
No, I wasn’t aware of that! I’m glad to know that! :)
I hope that I have not offended you by my comments or my article. I did not intend to!

Although I recognise that dates can be hard to remember, or even typed wrongly in the mp report, "May 12th, 1991" is such a specific date that I am going to trust this being correct (vs. more fuzzy dates like "spring 1991" or "early in the 90s, possibly 1991").
I am also intrigued by the fact that Ferry "had some problems" and according to an old source "wanted to go to Spain, but his wish was ignored", but "was later seen in Spain at a camping". Well, what kind of camping? Could his wish for wanting to go to Spain be that he was a club kid and his ultimate goal was to go to Ibiza, or something? Remember this is Europe in the early 90s; raves were HUGE (even made laws against in the UK), and Ibiza was the party island.

Does Ferry has a thread, @Bit of hope ? Can't seem find one.

ETA: Nevermind! I made a thread, instead:
Holland - Netherlands - Fredericus Theodorus Koenis, 17, Alkmaar, 12 May 1991

Last edited:
No, I wasn’t aware of that! I’m glad to know that! :)
I hope that I have not offended you by my comments or my article. I did not intend to!

Off course not. I hope I have not offended you with my "down to earth" opinion.

Although I recognise that dates can be hard to remember, or even typed wrongly in the mp report, "May 12th, 1991" is such a specific date that I am going to trust this being correct (vs. more fuzzy dates like "spring 1991" or "early in the 90s, possibly 1991").
I am also intrigued by the fact that Ferry "had some problems" and according to an old source "wanted to go to Spain, but his wish was ignored", but "was later seen in Spain at a camping". Well, what kind of camping? Could his wish for wanting to go to Spain be that he was a club kid and his ultimate goal was to go to Ibiza, or something? Remember this is Europe in the early 90s; raves were HUGE (even made laws against in the UK), and Ibiza was the party island.

Thanks MrsB. There is really not much to find on line about Mr. Koenis. Maybe this thread helps and more info can be gathered.

I agree, definitely! My thought is that he was last seen on May 12, 1991 and the Dec 5, 1991 date is when he was actually reported missing to authorities. That would make sense if his family thought he was camping somewhere....thank you for creating a thread!!

Off course not. I hope I have not offended you with my "down to earth" opinion.

Oh no! I appreciate the opinions! It takes much more than that to offend me! ;) Thanks for being down to earth!

•MMcG•

I've lurked on this thread for a while, but she holds a special place in my heart as my daughter's bff is mtof trans. I consider her as a daughter and in fact, before she transed, she lived with us for a while because when she came out, her family was not accepting at first.
It saddens me to think that it's possible that our Julie Doe was never claimed because of who she is. I have a hard time understanding that a parent would disown their child(ren) for being who they are. As you can guess, our family are huge supporters of the LGBTQ community.
I would love to see her get her name back and a proper memorial put in place for her.

I do see a strong resemblance between the sketch of Julie Doe and Fredericus, but JD's breast implants were discontinued in 1983 and if they are generally implanted within a year of their manufacture, the MP's birth year is 1978, making him entirely too young to be Julie.

Thank you for that touching message, Tabirey. I have a distant relative buried in our family plot; her headstone bears the name she chose after her transition and I think I'd like to learn her story.

Inspired by Tabirey's post, this is an open letter to anyone who believes he/she may be a relative of Julie Doe but has reservations about coming forward, just on the chance that they come across this thread. Kinda nervous typing this, and please, if anyone finds any mistakes regarding LE procedures/policies, point them out.

Dear Relative,
Please accept my heartfelt sympathy on the loss of your loved one. I don't know whether Julie left home before transitioning, left over disagreements over transitioning or was forced out over it, but for the purpose of this letter it's not my place to judge.

If Julie was forced out, whether you feel justified in your decision or are feeling guilt over it, again, no judgement. However, I appeal to you to help law enforcement identify her remains. There are many reasons for this.

Even if you did ask Julie to leave your home, if she was an adult at the time then no crime was committed. Nor is it a crime to cut off all contact with a family member and/or not report her missing, especially if you were out of touch and never knew she had disappeared. Many families of long-time missing persons are now making formal reports (or making fresh reports if the original report was lost in police records), long having assumed their relative was off on their own, and identifications are being made as a result.

Helping LE identify Julie doesn't necessarily mean you agree, personally or religiously, with her gender identity, but it may bring you some much-needed closure. It would also free up LE resources to identify other John and Jane Doe victims. Most importantly, if LE has Julie's real name, they may be able to trace her last known associates, which could lead to her killer facing justice. There may be other victims, transgender or cisgender women, out there, and the perp could very well still be out there and as young as his fifties.

On the Doe Network's "resolved cases" page, there are many long-time Does whose identity is now known to LE and contact has been made with their families, but their name has not been released publicly. If you contact LE and make this request, they should do the right thing and honor your wishes. Also, if money is a concern, you should not "owe" anything for Julie's burial site and many former Does remain in their original cemetery plots.

Again, it's a heavy decision to make but a lot of good could potentially come out of an identification, even if you chose not to make Julie's name public.

I do see a strong resemblance between the sketch of Julie Doe and Fredericus, but JD's breast implants were discontinued in 1983 and if they are generally implanted within a year of their manufacture, the MP's birth year is 1978, making him entirely too young to be Julie.

Thank you for that touching message, Tabirey. I have a distant relative buried in our family plot; her headstone bears the name she chose after her transition and I think I'd like to learn her story.

Inspired by Tabirey's post, this is an open letter to anyone who believes he/she may be a relative of Julie Doe but has reservations about coming forward, just on the chance that they come across this thread. Kinda nervous typing this, and please, if anyone finds any mistakes regarding LE procedures/policies, point them out.

Dear Relative,
Please accept my heartfelt sympathy on the loss of your loved one. I don't know whether Julie left home before transitioning, left over disagreements over transitioning or was forced out over it, but for the purpose of this letter it's not my place to judge.

If Julie was forced out, whether you feel justified in your decision or are feeling guilt over it, again, no judgement. However, I appeal to you to help law enforcement identify her remains. There are many reasons for this.

Even if you did ask Julie to leave your home, if she was an adult at the time then no crime was committed. Nor is it a crime to cut off all contact with a family member and/or not report her missing, especially if you were out of touch and never knew she had disappeared. Many families of long-time missing persons are now making formal reports (or making fresh reports if the original report was lost in police records), long having assumed their relative was off on their own, and identifications are being made as a result.

Helping LE identify Julie doesn't necessarily mean you agree, personally or religiously, with her gender identity, but it may bring you some much-needed closure. It would also free up LE resources to identify other John and Jane Doe victims. Most importantly, if LE has Julie's real name, they may be able to trace her last known associates, which could lead to her killer facing justice. There may be other victims, transgender or cisgender women, out there, and the perp could very well still be out there and as young as his fifties.

On the Doe Network's "resolved cases" page, there are many long-time Does whose identity is now known to LE and contact has been made with their families, but their name has not been released publicly. If you contact LE and make this request, they should do the right thing and honor your wishes. Also, if money is a concern, you should not "owe" anything for Julie's burial site and many former Does remain in their original cemetery plots.

Again, it's a heavy decision to make but a lot of good could potentially come out of an identification, even if you chose not to make Julie's name public.

@tatertot What a wonderful appeal. Thank you. I'm impressed (not important, its just me) by the kind and caring tone of it. Especially about the part that other killings can be prevented. I'm happy I live in a part of the world where Julie and transgender people in general, are, relatively, accepted. It's not an easy "happy go lucky life".... It's hard to be yourself, the world is judgmental...My father, who was brought up as a "real man", who was not judgmental, a real atheist, had a lot of problems when my brother "came out of the closet". But he also told me once about his best friend, he knew in his younger years, who killed himself, because he felt he wasn't born in the right body. And also about the not understanding, not knowing, the intense sadness he felt. It reflects the inner conflicts you can have going to the process of accepting, love, pictures in your mind about what is "right" and "wrong", "little voices" from the past, what other people may think etc. After all my brother was totally accepted....my parents taught me not to judge and be compassionate. I really hope Julie is going to be identified and there is some kind of closure and acceptance for who she was. I care because she is Julie.

I did some basic mathematics and mapping, as well as graphing. I used ethnicity maps of South Florida to help me understand Julie’s ethnicity, maybe even determine an eye color. With the dominance of the English ethnicity, and Italian falling second, and German third, I used an ethnicity to eye color diagram. I calculated the mean of the highest percentages, and found the number closest to the answer. It turned out the German gene had the closest answer, and from my final calculations, it is a possibility Julie Doe had Blue or Brown eyes. This is only from simple mathematics, and my amateur opinion only.

LA - LA - Heather Samantha Rowe, 23, New Orleans, March 5, 1996 - Transgender female

I just created a thread for Heather Samantha Rowe, she is a transgender female who went missing back in 1996 in New Orleans, LA. However, she was only added to NamUs last month. She was not listed anywhere online before that despite the fact her mother reported her missing in 1996.

It appears Heather's case was either ignored or fell through the cracks. This might be the case with Julie Doe, her family may have reported her missing but LE ignored her or haven't uploaded her yet to NamUs.

LA - LA - Heather Samantha Rowe, 23, New Orleans, March 5, 1996 - Transgender female

I just created a thread for Heather Samantha Rowe, she is a transgender female who went missing back in 1996 in New Orleans, LA. However, she was only added to NamUs last month. She was not listed anywhere online before that despite the fact her mother reported her missing in 1996.

It appears Heather's case was either ignored or fell through the cracks. This might be the case with Julie Doe, her family may have reported her missing but LE ignored her or haven't uploaded her yet to NamUs.
THANK YOU!! For posting a newly listed missing person! Especially someone matching Heather’s description! She certainly has a striking resemblance to to Julie!!

THANK YOU!! For posting a newly listed missing person! Especially someone matching Heather’s description! She certainly has a striking resemblance to to Julie!!

I agree, she looks promissing, although the age would be "off" as Heather was born in 1972. Julie is estimated between 22 - 35, found in 1988 and would have been born approx. between 1953 - 1966. There have been some misfits in age in the past. I think it's defenitly worthwhile to explore.

I agree, she looks promissing, although the age would be "off" as Heather was born in 1972. Julie is estimated between 22 - 35, found in 1988 and would have been born approx. between 1953 - 1966. There have been some misfits in age in the past. I think it's defenitly worthwhile to explore.
Agree!! Definitely worth exploring!!

:)
•MMcG•

I'm taking the liberty of bringing @transdoetaskforce's Facebook post over here:

"We are finally able to share an update on Julie Doe!
After several months of her lab work being in a holding pattern awaiting the best option to be determined, it has been decided that the small amount of remaining extract being held in reserve will be sent to a lab that can attempt to sequence the extract. If they recommend that more extract is needed, then another round of bone extraction will be arranged. The clear message from the DNA Doe Project is, "We're not quitting on Julie as long as there is any biological sample left." "

I'm taking the liberty of bringing @transdoetaskforce's Facebook post over here:

After several months of her lab work being in a holding pattern awaiting the best option to be determined, it has been decided that the small amount of remaining extract being held in reserve will be sent to a lab that can attempt to sequence the extract. If they recommend that more extract is needed, then another round of bone extraction will be arranged. The clear message from the DNA Doe Project is, "We're not quitting on Julie as long as there is any biological sample left." "
Thank you for conveying that update here! We haven't been very good about keeping up on this forum. We're feeling very hopeful that we'll eventually get a workable kit for Julie, because her remains are not presently interred, and they're willing to go back and do more bone extraction if necessary.

Everything is crossed over this way!! One step closer to getting our girls name back!!

In 1988, a man looking for cypress wood discovered a body in the marshy forests of Florida. The body was too decomposed to be recognizable, but police made note of what they could: a denim skirt, manicured nails, long dyed-blond hair, breast implants. A prominent forensic anthropologist noticed pitting in the pelvic bones, which he attributed to hormonal changes from childbirth. He proclaimed her a woman—a mother, in fact, who had likely given birth more than once. She became known as “Julie Doe.”

In 2015, however, new DNA tests revealed that she actually had XY chromosomes. Julie Doe was a transgender woman. The pitting in her pelvic bones was likely the result of hormone therapy, rather than childbirth. Her real name, however, remains unknown.

Sleuths Are Haunted by the Cold Case of Julie Doe

More about the Trans Doe Task Force at link.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Missmichelle1932
Back