FL FL - Clermont, WhtMale UP6030, 24-32, transgender, breast implants, Sep'88

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Wow, they look alike, the only doubt I have: according to the ethnicity chart pie and O4 Julie is primarily of English/German/Dutch ancestry . Her ethnical pie chart is almost identical to James Freund (Sumter co John Doe).

According to what I could find on line, over half the people in Cuba self-identify as white, so I don't think the DNA automatically rules out being from Cuba. Even heavily black Caribbean islands still have significant white population segments.

ETA: or I could have just seconded what @madamx said :)

According to what I could find on line, over half the people in Cuba self-identify as white, so I don't think the DNA automatically rules out being from Cuba. Even heavily black Caribbean islands still have significant white population segments.

ETA: or I could have just seconded what @madamx said :)
I can be wrong, but I think the white population of Cuba are mostly of Spanish/Italian/Portuguese ancestry not English/German/Dutch, however as far as know people of Aruba, an island in Carribbean can be of Dutch origin. I still think there are some people of English/German/Dutch ancestry in Cuba, however I think it is much less common than Spanish. So, I would say the odds are not high she is Cuban. It is more possible she was a US citizen in a few generations (she has a lot of matches on Gedmatch, though they are not high)

oh crap djanga...I did not know that. I guess I missed that on this thread.. Thank you for pointing that out to me. I had no idea. I guess that is not Julie Doe.. sigh.. I thought I found her ha!

I don’t know if it helps or not but I do know that there were people from all over that ended up in Cuba for one reason or another. As my friend always puts it.. Cubans are a mixed salad.

Cubans - Wikipedia

Seeking Refuge in Cuba, 1939

When Cuba Opened Its Doors to Jewish Refugees - Havana Times

I find your post about the Cubans coming to America very interesting. Maybe it's not totally applicable to Julie Doe, but I wouldn't exclude it either. Today I learned something new, I will keep that in mind for future cases anyway.

I came across this. I did not know but looks like Orlando had a big gay trans community dating back to the 1970s. I wonder if anyone from back then would remember Julie Doe. She was found not far from Orlando.
Miss Gay Orlando
I was also thinking about it and as when she was found she was considered a cisgender woman, I don't think that police checked if somebody recognized her in the local gay trans community. And according to the Doenetwork: "Isotope testing performed by the University of South Florida indicated the victim was most likely native to south Florida before death". I know the isotope testing is not always correct, still I think there is a huge possibility she lived in Florida for quite some time and could be familiar in Florida trans gay community.

I've passed the information on to the broader LGBTQ community, and have a friend with extensive contacts from that time in the Orlando LGBTQ community who said she'd reach out to them. We'll do our best to help out and get Julie her name back.
@KaylaraOwl, what happened with your friend who was going to reach out to her contacts in the Orlando LGBTQ community? This seems like the most promising lead until more GEDmatch matches turn up.

Yes agree, that would really be the first place to reach out to. 1988 is a very long time ago, but there is a big chance someone in the community is still around and may remember them. Id specifically look for individuals who have been active in the community since the 80s and did not leave the place.
Or a doctor who helped with the transition.
I think Julie has to be published even more on local social media.

I have started to read the first pages of this thread and came across this article, it seams that police tried to appeal to the local LGBT community:

"Someone knows who she is. Police are requesting that any physicians who treated patients with gender dysphoria in the late 1970s and early 1980s, as well as anyone who transitioned or was close to the transgender community during this timeframe, search their records/recollections for Julie. She may have mentioned at least one physical assault that fractured her cheekbone and likely broke her nose. She also had a healed rib fracture. You may have seen her as a patient in one of the six clinics that treated gender dysphoria at that time in the United States, or in a support group for individuals transitioning during those years. You may also have seen her in 1988 or thereabouts in the Orlando LGBT community".

New Sketch of "Julie Doe", Transgender Woman Still Unidentified After 27 Years

Yes but i would say we need more social media involvement. The TransDoe TF has done very good groundwork so far, but people have to share, share, share.
Sadly there is still such a big stigma re trans people that many "ordinary Joe" social media users may not want to share and forward the appeal for Julie. Or simply disinterest.
I am super cisgender and straight as a stick but that does not mean I am not interested in giving our gorgeous Julie their name back, find out more about their story and most important, find the killer and bring justice. 27 years is not such a long time and I am sure many of the people who knew and loved Julie are still around.

Bumping for this doe.

I wonder if they were originally from somewhere else and went to the United States for the surgery, although I highly doubt it. Some people said Cuba and that honestly makes perfect sense, although I highly doubt a Cuban would return to Cuba seeing how those poor people live :/

DDP is working her case, right? I am probably getting ahead of myself here, but it may even be possible that she got ID'd and they're sitting on an announcement, since as we have found out, genetic genealogy organizations like DDP and Othram can work their magic quickly, but still have to sit on announcements for various reasons, like informing family/next of kin, police departments wanting to keep the ID private while working on an arrest, etc.

Why does namus list her as male? I find that very wrong and disrespectful to the whole trans community. Besides that, if she was presenting as female (by that I mean wearing female clothes, living her life as female) then it would make more sense to try and match her case with missing females.
From a strict scientific standpoint, the DNA of this unknown person will be male and may still have male genitalia. I dont believe the website is intentionally trying to be insensitive.

Noting..
FROM THE ARCHIVES: Searching for Shafiq Visram
October 13, 2016
''Houle tells me he once hunted a man for several months, finally tracking him down in Montreal, only to find the man was living as a woman and hoping to have a sex-change operation. He had already started the hormone treatments.

“He was quite aware of what he was doing and quite comfortable with his decision,” he remembers. “I would have to say that case had a happy ending, which is rare for a long-term case.”

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove
Back