FL - Coralrose Fullwood, 6, found murdered, North Port, 17 Sept 2006

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Thank you RiverRat for always keeping this one updated. :clap:

I can't recall, was Patrick Murphy ever discussed before?

I am trying to scan through the original thread on this case to see, but so far nothing. It is driving me crazy because this monster's name is ringing a bell for me, but it could just be from his other arrests here.

Finally!!!! Hooray!!!!!!!!!! I just so hope that if there is any connection between this guy and the father, that it will be made known! I still can't help but feel that he had a hand in it; perhaps just by knowing other creepy crawlers. And River Rat, you are my hero.:blowkiss: This is one that has stayed with me since the beginning. It just seemed like the poor child never hand a true chance in life to start with.

IMO, I believe this could have happened under the same circumstances as Jessica Lundsford.

This guy most likely broke into the home to rob them. Came across the little girl and decided to take her instead.

To be honest, I believe that's the most likely scenario of many of these children who disappear in the middle of the night and no one in the family heard a thing. Often times many discuss the possibility that the parents are responsible. When, IMO, LE should be looking for possible burglers in the neighborhood instead.

I'm glad they caught this creep. Now Coral Rose can get justice.

JMHO
fran

I completely disagree. This case has stunk to high heaven from the very beginning.

Dale's involvement with electronically transferred child *advertiser censored* suggests he may have had contact (email) with like-minded perverts. Even an innocent mention of a child in the house could have brought Murphy to their doorstep (literally).

Thank goodness they caught the pervert. Poor Coral Rose. I hope it can be determined if others are involved or how this happened.

I completely disagree. This case has stunk to high heaven from the very beginning.

Dale's involvement with electronically transferred child *advertiser censored* suggests he may have had contact (email) with like-minded perverts. Even an innocent mention of a child in the house could have brought Murphy to their doorstep (literally).

Well, obviously you know much more about the case than I. To be honest, I don't ever recall hearing of this until I saw an AP report the other day. I wasn't aware, at the time I made my comment, that the father was incarcerated etc.

That and what you've said does change the dynamics. But I still do believe that many children who disappear out of their beds in the middle of the night are the victim of a theif who happened upon them. Perhaps not this case, but others.

JMHO
fran

Well, obviously you know much more about the case than I. To be honest, I don't ever recall hearing of this until I saw an AP report the other day. I wasn't aware, at the time I made my comment, that the father was incarcerated etc.

That and what you've said does change the dynamics. But I still do believe that many children who disappear out of their beds in the middle of the night are the victim of a theif who happened upon them. Perhaps not this case, but others.

JMHO
fran

RR and I have been on the local message boards where family members were posting....One of Coralrose's older siblings was also victimized sexually by someone other than Dale. The grandparents seem to be decent people but enablers (of their daughter, not the pervert son-in-law). I don't think the violence in this case was so random with so much dysfunction going on. The *advertiser censored* Dale had was said to be particularly graphic/violent...How can such a person be raising daughters in safety and good mental health?

RR and I have been on the local message boards where family members were posting....One of Coralrose's older siblings was also victimized sexually by someone other than Dale. The grandparents seem to be decent people but enablers (of their daughter, not the pervert son-in-law). I don't think the violence in this case was so random with so much dysfunction going on. The *advertiser censored* Dale had was said to be particularly graphic/violent...How can such a person be raising daughters in safety and good mental health?

I guess that was ultimately my point-what are the chances a creepy-crawler like this guy is going to happen upon a family that is so deficient in that dad was into child *advertiser censored*, mom clearly had somekind issues that caused her to give up and leave her home in shambles...

Also, before the murder, the mother was concerned enough that two of her daughters were being abused and took them in to see a doctor. CPS was involved with this family way before CoralRose was killed due to their unsanitary living conditions. There was far more than the one child (under 12) rape video, like father/daughter rape deleted files in the day before the murder. I know that the Part One thread is very long, but it has most of the information needed for new followers or for a refresher - I went though it last night and still have pages to reread.

I just can't wait to find out more about the DNA and where it was found. The arrested Murphy was probably all over that neighborhood prowling and scoping out houses to rob. Why pick one with so many people living in it and with a 2AM arrival of Dale?

Original thread:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=43314

I just can't wait to find out more about the DNA and where it was found. The arrested Murphy was probably all over that neighborhood prowling and scoping out houses to rob. Why pick one with so many people living in it and with a 2AM arrival of Dale?

Original thread:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=43314

Thanks RR....That thread was full of gems, like the sign posted in the neighborhood with CoralRose's picture and siblings advertising for a babysitter! The killer could have shopped the babysitter flyer!

The other thing I read that really bothered me was that Dale's wallet was stolen....The only things missing from the darkened house with all those kids and dogs was a little girl and a wallet....Plus the house was crawling with cockroaches, so the killer would have had a really strong stomach moving around the house with a flashlight!

Was the wallet missing because the killer was "that good" of a thief? Or was the wallet missing to prove Dale's innocence?

http://www.heraldtribune.com/articl...S&title=Coralrose_suspect__a_typical_burglar_

It was Jan. 16, 2007, almost four months to the day that 6-year-old Coralrose Fullwood's body was found in a vacant lot near her North Port home. North Port Police detectives Carrie Olivo and Chris Morales sat across from Patrick Murphy in the Charlotte County jail. The pair had no way of knowing that they sat within arm's reach of the man who would later be charged with Coralrose's kidnapping, rape and murder.

Murphy, 27, passed through Southwest Florida's legal system for years without drawing much scrutiny. He was inconspicuous because hundreds of others in the system appeared to be just like him: blue-collar guys who had let drugs get the best of them.

Those who crossed Murphy's path in recent years say they never suspected that he could be capable of the crimes he is now accused of committing. He did not seem especially evil or stick out in any way. "He was just a typical burglar," Morales said. "No different than any of the other burglars we've been interviewing up to this date. Nothing stuck out."

Records show that Murphy's probation was routine, his violations common: He skipped meetings with the probation officer and his court-ordered drug test came back positive for methamphetamine. :bang: In Charlotte County, a meth addict arrested for stealing is common, not enough of a crime to raise eyebrows. :rolleyes:

Good grief!!! I hope this guy is willing to talk. I am just so convinced that her sicko father is involved in some way. And if so, I hope this guy still has a tiny iota of humanity left in him that will make him tell all. Perhaps too much to hope for?

http://www.sunnewspapers.net/articles/tsnews.aspx?ArticleID=421656&pubdate=9/5/2008

SARASOTA -- Former North Port resident Patrick Dewayne Murphy could face death by lethal injection at worst, or life in prison at best, if convicted of murder.

Murphy was indicted by a grand jury Tuesday on first-degree murder and capital sexual battery charges in the September 2006 rape and killing of 6-year-old Coralrose Fullwood of North Port. The youngster's body was found wrapped in a blanket two blocks from her home.

Prosecutors can now seek the death penalty for the 27-year-old Murphy, who was tied to the killing in August after investigators in a Tampa lab notified North Port Police Chief Terry Lewis that Murphy's DNA matched samples taken from Coralrose's body. The sexual battery charge carries a mandatory sentence of life in prison.

"We expected that indictment and we feel very confident justice will be served in this case," Lewis said.
:clap:
Assistant State Attorney Lon Arend's office announced Thursday that a kidnapping charge against Murphy was dropped because it needlessly complicated the case against him.

"We feel comfortable with the state's decision to drop the kidnapping charge," Lewis said.

Murphy's DNA sample came to light in a chain of events that began after Charlotte County Sheriff's deputies caught him with a stolen all-terrain vehicle. He was later convicted of felony grand theft and burglary. While serving a two-year sentence, Murphy was swabbed for DNA under a 2005 state law requiring samples to be taken for any felony offense.

Murphy's DNA linked him to the Coralrose murder a month ago. But his quick indictment doesn't end NPPD's probe -- Lewis is not satisfied Murphy acted alone.

"We've got an excellent case, but the investigation is still open and active," Lewis said.

Murphy refuses to speak with investigators, Lewis said. :behindbar

I just so wish he would talk! It's not as though he has anything else to lose at this point.:furious:

Maybe if they offer to drop the death penalty for LWOP he will talk. Most killers don't think a thing of taking the life of another but they sure don't want to lose theirs. I wonder why he is refusing to talk to LE? They have him with DNA so he doesn't have a chance in heck of getting off. He might as well talk.

I think the father was involved because of him being a pervert and having the *advertiser censored* that he did and because of the quilt that was wrapped around Coralrose. Most kidnappers don't bother grabbing a blanket for the child. It is usually a person who knows the child and cares about them that will wrap them in a blanket. I wonder if this killer hung out at the bar that employed Dale or if they met on the internet in some kiddie *advertiser censored* site.

I'm so thankful that at least one person, so far, has been indited for this little girl's murder. I was beginning to wonder if this case had grown so cold that it would never be solved. Thank God for the law that was passed in 2005 and that this guy had felonies and was made to give his DNA.

I think the father was involved in some way as well. At the least, he knew the guy and that led to his daughter's death. I would love to see Dale locked away forever!

I think the father was involved in some way as well. At the least, he knew the guy and that led to his daughter's death. I would love to see Dale locked away forever!

It wouldn't bother me a bit if they locked him away forever either. Anyone that wants to look at little children being raped by adults is one sick pervert and they don't need to be loose in society. I just wonder about his own children....especially Coralrose beings she can't tell now. Looking at that garbage is just a step away from doing it.

If Dale was involved the killer would be smart to talk unless he is going to be a "big man" and take the rap all by himself. I sure wouldn't! I wonder if Dale didn't bring that guy home at some time and he saw Coralrose. The quilt still bothers me though and it really makes me believe that someone who cared about that little girl was involved. I doubt the killer cared.

There are still too many blank spots that need to be filled in for me, so I am praying that LEO can get this creep to crack and start talking!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reneej08
Back