FL - Damion Tillman, Keven Springfield, & Brandon Rollins, massacred, Frostproof, 17 July 2020

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Did they know their attackers?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems likely there was more than one perpetrator. It is unlikely they all can keep their mouth shut. They probably realize this about each other. Could get interesting with that.

Couple that with not knowing what that kid was able to tell and yea, it could get interesting. That’s got to be a pressure cooker on somebody.

I disagree -- victims were confirmed shot but no information on the condition of the vehicles or where the victims bodies were located.
So to make sure I wasn’t losing my mind, I just re-listened to that part of the presser. He says the dad “encounters the truck and they’re all shot up, it’s a massacre.” So it could be that the trucks are shot up and/or the men were shot up. It’s a little ambiguous.

I haven't posted or followed a story in years, but this crime has captured my attention. I have read the entire thread and thank all the posters for their thoughtful comments and links.

My sense, and MOO, is that BR and KS rolled up vehicles boxing in DT's truck. With their windows down they could easily hear a fight/altercation taking place off the roadway, out of their view (I speculate this because forensics were not focused on the roadway and BR did not provide any details about who was there). Imo BR's phone call was made before his truck even came to a full stop. He either recognized the vehicle/s or didn't, but he knew there was trouble enough to call his father, but not necessarily 911.

As Brandon and Keven get out and approach the fight site, they are jumped and Brandon's phone is discovered-- probably still in his hand-- with a call made only seconds beforehand. This is where the gun/s come into play. The thee men are shot dead and the victim's phones are thrown as far as the assailants can manage-- instinctively, I'd say in the direction of the water (this is why Dad can't use BR's phone) and it's all over before Mr. Rollins is even on the road. JMOO

I do think Brandon was still alive when his dad left to make the call and this is why the store clerk went back with him-- to help get Brandon into the vehicle and on the way to the hospital immediately, to no avail.

My heart hurts for this little community losing these three young men who came up there and I'm sure had many, many, friends, co-workers, family, and neighbors, who are mourning the massive hole their passing leaves behind in the fabric of their lives. I was able to see their FB pages before they were locked down, and their personalities assured me they were well known and well loved. RIP, you three.

All of the above, MOO

I had thought earlier that the staggered arrival times (Tillman first) was reliable & confirmed, like from LE - is that not true?

There must be so much gossip & so many leads. But the quick reward offer maybe means none of it holds water :( hope this doesn’t turn into one of those cases that seems easy but then inexplicably goes cold & is never brought to justice.

The staggered arrival times (Tillman & red GMC first) was stated by Sheriff Judd at the very first presser. I believe Sheriff Judd is a reliable source. He also noted that it was all conjecture and subject to change. bbm

At today's presser, Sheriff Judd repeated all the information reported is subject to change as the investigation evolves and evidence analyzed.

I believe the Sheriff gave the public more possible theories today but also did not delete anything previously reported. I think he's putting out scenarios that may lead to additional tips that will identify the suspects.

For example, offering today how the trucks may have been "boxed in" provides for the road rage theory but also does not eliminate Tillman arriving ahead of his friends and attacked first.

It's a fluid, ongoing investigation. Nothing is certain until there's an arrest. Stay tuned for more....

MOO

I'm not sure how much plans had been talked about prior to the murders, but as I understand it- somehow the Sheriff has information that the other two came upon the scene as the first one there was being attacked- so that information would have to come from the victim who was still alive when the father arrived.

I interpret the working timeline as Keven and Brandon came upon Damion being attacked or murdered, and Brandon phoned his Dad or possibly dialed his Dad and hid the phone, thus indicating Damion was there first.

It's a shame police weren't called when Brandon first called and that could be a very good indication that the guys thought they had things under control and they quickly escalated.

If Damion was DEAD when Brandon called his Dad, I feel certain his Dad would have called the police.

Jmo

I would offer the possibility of 1 perpetrator if DT was attacked first. I could see one person with a gun controlling the other 2 upon their arrival. Just me babbling because we don’t have anything new.

So to make sure I wasn’t losing my mind, I just re-listened to that part of the presser. He says the dad “encounters the truck and they’re all shot up, it’s a massacre.” So it could be that the trucks are shot up and/or the men were shot up. It’s a little ambiguous.
To be clear, I'm providing your initial post below, what I replied to, that was very specific to the cars being shot up-- and the image such comment leaves behind.

If I heard correctly, Judd did mention the cars were shot up during today’s presser. I didn’t hear anything about beating today (but I’m really tired so I may have missed it).
^bbm

There are relatively good photos of the red GMC because it's front-facing. The windshield appears intact -- not shot out. It's certainly possible bullets may have struck the vehicles but didn't want your post interpreted by the uninformed as this a drive-by spray of bullets (cars were shot up) killing the drivers/passengers and no beating of the victims.

ETA: Add photo.
Click to enlarge and also see the white truck where the rear cab window also intact.

10abdc8b-beeb-450e-a857-3108af5055c5.jpg

Last edited:
I just read an article where Cyril Rollins says in an interview that he heard Brandon’s phone ringing WHILE he was there consoling his dying son. The phone was is Brandon’s car and Cyril answered it.
It was Brandon’s mother, and he told her to come to the scene.

This raises a ton of new questions like why Cyril left the scene at all instead of instructing his wife to call 911 herself. It also seems to conflict with info from the latest presser.

Here’s the article:
https://fox13news.com/news/30000-reward-offered-for-information-in-murder-of-3-fishing-buddies-in-frostproof.amp

Edit: The way the article is worded, the ringing of Brandon’s phone may have occurred AFTER Cyril returned from the convenience store but BEFORE medics arrived. Although it seems to imply that Brandon was still alive and talking upon Cyril’s return to the scene.
Anyway, we now know where the phone was, it was in BR’a truck & covered in blood.

Last edited:
To be clear, I'm providing your initial post below that was very specific to the cars being shot up-- and the image such comment leaves behind.

^bbm

There are relatively good photos of the red GMC because it's front-facing. The windshield appears intact -- not shot out. It's certainly possible bullets may have struck the vehicles but didn't want your post interpreted as this a drive-by spray of bullets (cars were shot up) killing the drivers/passengers and no beating of the victims.
I still think the way he worded it during the press conference leaves it up to interpretation. I wasn’t implying a spray of bullets in a drive-by shooting; shot up was the Sheriff’s phrasing. While the windshield is intact, it’s possible the windows were shot through in the red vehicle, and we can’t see the front of the other truck. Hopefully we can agree to disagree. I still didn’t hear anything about beating in today’s presser, but it was mentioned in earlier pressers - so we can be fairly certain that’s accurate. I’m interpreting it to be ambiguous, and recognize the vehicles may not have been shot up, but they may have. Others are free to have differing opinions.

To be clear, I'm providing your initial post below that was very specific to the cars being shot up-- and the image such comment leaves behind.

^bbm

There are relatively good photos of the red GMC because it's front-facing. The windshield appears intact -- not shot out. It's certainly possible bullets may have struck the vehicles but didn't want your post interpreted as this a drive-by spray of bullets (cars were shot up) killing the drivers/passengers and no beating of the victims.
I still think the way he worded it during the press conference leaves it up to interpretation. I wasn’t implying a spray of bullets in a drive-by shooting; shot up was the Sheriff’s phrasing. While the windshield is intact, it’s possible the windows were shot through in the red vehicle, and we can’t see the front of the other truck. Hopefully we can agree to disagree. I still didn’t hear anything about beating in today’s presser, but it was mentioned in earlier pressers - so we can be fairly certain that’s accurate. I’m interpreting it to be ambiguous, and recognize the vehicles may not have been shot up, but they may have. Others are free to have differing opinions.

ETA - also didn’t mean to say they weren’t beaten. Just that I didn’t hear it in today’s presser.

snip

It's a shame police weren't called when Brandon first called and that could be a very good indication that the guys thought they had things under control and they quickly escalated.

If Damion was DEAD when Brandon called his Dad, I feel cer.tain his Dad would have called the police.

Jmo
Perhaps Brandon was on probation that prohibited him from being out at night so neither he nor his father wanted to notify law enforcement.

$30,000 reward offered for information in murder of 3 fishing buddies in Frostproof

(Video news interview of dad Cyrill and mom Dottie at link above).

July 20, 2020

Cyril Rollins says the moment he realized his son was calling, he knew it was bad news.

“He doesn’t ever call my phone, at all,” Rollins said. “Unless he is having trouble.”

When Cyril answered, his fears were realized.

“He said, 'Help daddy! Help daddy!'” he recalled.

He rushed to the scene where he found his son shot and bloodied in the roadway. Rollins left his home so fast, he forgot his cell phone.

“When I got there, I didn’t have a phone, at all,” he said. “I didn’t know what to do. He was talking, and all of that. I said son, I’ve got to leave you, I’ve got to go get some help.

Cyril hopped back into his car, driving to a convenience store to call 911. The store owner’s daughter went with Cyril back to the scene.

“I thought they were coming back to finish Brandon off,” he said. “But he was talking, but he was pretty bad. He was too bloody.”

[..]

Cyril says that’s when he heard his son’s cell phone ringing from his truck. It was his mother, Dottie calling. Cyril reached to grab it.

“It was in the seat. I couldn’t see it. It was covered in blood,” he said. “And I got the phone, and it was his momma and I said, 'Please Dottie, please get here, our son is dying.'”

Edit: The way the article is worded, the ringing of Brandon’s phone may have occurred AFTER Cyril returned from the convenience store but BEFORE medics arrived.
^^sbm

I think dad was in shock. He was afraid suspects returning to finish BR off -- told his son he was leaving to get help.

I agree he likely answered the phone after returning from the convenience store but doubt dad knew whether or not his son was dead. First responders may have been attending to BR when he answered the phone-- telling Dottie to come to the scene. Sure he was praying BR was nonresponsive and going to the hospital. MOO

A sort of "lynching" over a woman - with the unexpected arrival of the two friends in the second truck seems plausible. But - if the FB stories have any validity - you'd think there would be plenty of evidence at the scene and the police would know the suspect(s) and already have impounded vehicles, executed warrants, etc..

Not really sure how relevant this is but if he/they knew their attackers then it is likely the attackers knew they ran together and fished at night together, this being true the other two eventually showing up a few minutes later should not have been a surprise but rather expected. If it was a "surprise" the other 2 showed up could this mean that the 3 did not know their attackers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ClueCrusader