GUILTY FL - Dan Markel, 41, FSU law professor, Tallahassee, 18 July 2014 - #1 *Arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
He was hired by the attorney representing a Rabbi. He was working for the defense against the Justice Dept.

So, DM was consulting in this case based on his expertise in conspiracy law ? My somewhat limited understanding of this is that a group of orthodox rabbis had allegedly conspired to force some men to give their wives a get ? So that the wives could then obtain divorces ? and apparently two of the rabbis used violence to coerce the men to sign the gets ?

One question I have is : what would have happened if DM had trouble with the ethics of the case ? Did he believe that the rabbis had, in fact, conspired and coerced the men in question ? Why else would this case be considered a possible reason for the people involved to hire a murderer ?

So, DM was consulting in this case based on his expertise in conspiracy law ? My somewhat limited understanding of this is that a group of orthodox rabbis had allegedly conspired to force some men to give their wives a get ? So that the wives could then obtain divorces ? and apparently two of the rabbis used violence to coerce the men to sign the gets ?

One question I have is : what would have happened if DM had trouble with the ethics of the case ? Did he believe that the rabbis had, in fact, conspired and coerced the men in question ? Why else would this case be considered a possible reason for the people involved to hire a murderer ?

I'm assuming he was hired as an expert witness to testify that it was an inappropriate application of the law and that he would not have any interaction with the rabbis. If he had an ethical dilemma, he would quit the case and another expert would be hired to replace him. I don't think there is anything here that would tie it to his murder. I'm just kind of guessing, though.

I don't think there is anything there that would cause someone to murder him. As far as the wife wanting to move to S Florida, could it be because one of her parents were sickly?? Why else this big need to go there. They said there was no abuse or infidelity. Very strange.

I'm assuming he was hired as an expert witness to testify that it was an inappropriate application of the law and that he would not have any interaction with the rabbis. If he had an ethical dilemma, he would quit the case and another expert would be hired to replace him. I don't think there is anything here that would tie it to his murder. I'm just kind of guessing, though.

You know, I don't see this as being "it" either. It doesn't resonate for me. It seems more uncomplicated, this murder. Who knows though ? jmo Mr. G may never talk. jmo did the people who hired him offer to take care of his family if he was sent away ? jmo

If they know it is a murder for hire plot/arrest, they must know who hired him. So, why no second (or more) arrest yet?

The people involved may have scattered like scared rabbits............LE will round 'em up.

Hints?
rbbm.

http://www.ksdk.com/news/nation-now/suspect-charged-in-2014-slaying-of-fsu-professor/216583906

Garcia, who has an extensive criminal history in South Florida, was arrested by Hallandale Beach police at 9:11 p.m. Wednesday in his black 2001 Lexus at a gas station just outside of North Miami Beach.

During a subsequent search, police found a clear red plastic baggie containing suspected cocaine in his wallet, a police report says.

Garcia was booked into the Broward County Jail, where he remains without bond on the murder charge.

During Thursday’s press conference, Tallahassee police spokesman David Northway repeatedly declined to divulge details about Garcia or the investigation.

"This case is ongoing and continuing," Northway said. "So if we were to release all of the details of the case, that would jeopardize our case that we are continuing to work."

George Dekle, a former assistant prosecutor and University of Florida law professor, said the arrest affidavit was likely sealed because the investigation has not yet been completed.

He also theorized that others connected to the crime may be tipped off if facts of the case were to be released

I don't think there is anything there that would cause someone to murder him. As far as the wife wanting to move to S Florida, could it be because one of her parents were sickly?? Why else this big need to go there. They said there was no abuse or infidelity. Very strange.

In some divorce cases both spouses agree not to divulge or make public abuse or infidelity. because to do so would harm the professional career of the abusing or unfaithful spouse. Not saying that happened here but it could have. No idea why DM's wife wanted to move down to Miami. jmo

I wonder if people who were involved, started to talk. Afterall, there was no description of a perp, only the sighting of a light colored car driving away from the scene. This is not much evidence in which to charge a man with first degree murder.

Anxious to hear more details...

IMHO

So happy to log in and see this news. Have followed Dan's case from the beginning, but rarely felt I could post because my theory from the beginning was against ToS. Sticking with that theory as the rest of the details unfold.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

If they know it is a murder for hire plot/arrest, they must know who hired him. So, why no second (or more) arrest yet?

Perhaps LE has known this information for awhile but were concerned it would not be enough to convict. So, they were trying to get additional evidence. Having exhausted every lead, LE decides to start squeezing people with the evidence they've got and they hope it leads up the ladder. Again, just guessing.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/florida-arrest-toronto-victim-markel-1.3602641
Markel's parents and sister, who all live in Canada, put out a statement late Thursday saying that "although it does not diminish their immense pain, Ruth, Phil, and Shelly are grateful to local, state, and federal authorities for their tireless work resulting in today's arrest."

The statement also said that the family would not make any further comments "at this time." Ruth Markel, the mother of Daniel Markel, declined to answer questions when reached by phone at her home in Toronto.

It's suspect to me when people delete their Facebook pages abruptly in a case like this.

It appears at this point that I'm going to be wrong in my suspicions. Because, despite there not being any other suspects named at this point, it's very clear to see where this is going. I don't mind being wrong, and I'm glad they're getting to the bottom of this case, but there's nothing more depressing to me in these cases than stereotypes and cliches. Thus, when will people figure this out: Hiring a hitman to murder your ex-wife/ex-husband/ex-business partner/ex-son in law, etc. never works!

The only thing left interesting in this case is to hear how the police tracked this guy down. I'm guessing--and that means I'll be wrong about this too--I'm guessing he blabbed to someone.

I'm curious: did they link the shooting to the suspect or did they link the suspect to someone with a motive? We will find out eventually.

It appears at this point that I'm going to be wrong in my suspicions. Because, despite there not being any other suspects named at this point, it's very clear to see where this is going. I don't mind being wrong, and I'm glad they're getting to the bottom of this case, but there's nothing more depressing to me in these cases than stereotypes and cliches. Thus, when will people figure this out: Hiring a hitman to murder your ex-wife/ex-husband/ex-business partner/ex-son in law, etc. never works!

The only thing left interesting in this case is to hear how the police tracked this guy down. I'm guessing--and that means I'll be wrong about this too--I'm guessing he blabbed to someone.

Hey fasteddy8170, good to "see'' you, wondering when you would pop in!
The opera looks like it might be going in a certain predictable direction, but the fat lady has not yet sang-
Keeping within TOS rules, sometimes one puts aside obvious theories and explores other ones, not a bad thing, imo.
Eventually, none of the theories hold up and ultimately what is left is the mundane, but reinforced truth.
Lots of cases here defy reasonable theories, which is why it is good to have many.
imo, speculation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member