GUILTY FL - Dan Markel, 41, FSU law professor, Tallahassee, 18 July 2014 - #1 *Arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Using this link, you can search Miami-Dade County court records.
https://www2.miami-dadeclerk.com/cjis/mobile/CaseSearch.aspx

Enter Sigfredo Garcia's name. His robbery/strong arm (2012) case # is F-12-025272-A. You can scroll through the docket and find his attorney's names. IIRC, there are a few different defense attorneys on record as his case worked it's way through the system, but I believe attorney Eugene F. Zenobi is the final attorney on record.

Cannot recall if this video was already posted, a couple of ( kind of charming, imo ) witnesses to Garcia's arrest ...
http://www.tallahassee.com/videos/news/2900097929001/4916232607001/

Video: Man shares details of Garcia arrest in Markel case | 2:42

Adam Lenner, and his friend Tony speak at an Exxon gas station in Hallandale Beach, where Segfredo Garcia was arrested Wednesday for the murder of FSU professor Dan Markel.

Probably not connected, but a few similarities between the DM case and the murder of DP and RW.
In the DP/RW case, both are well loved, respected and influential in the Toronto community, where they lived and have family.
Both are Jewish, and are often in Florida, where they were murdered in their home .
Initially no motive given, eventually it turned out that a ring was missing and LE are still looking for two female suspects. Fwiw...

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...-Beach-Jan-10-2013&highlight=hallandale+beach

:bump: Bumping this post because while I concede there are numerous differences in these 2 murders, I find the (possible) connections really intriguing. It may be completely unrelated, but on the surface...

*this murder occurred in Hallandale Beach; Garcia was arrested in Hallandale Beach
*both Markel and this couple appear to have been specifically targeted (not victims of a random crime or robbery)
*this couple divided their time between Florida and Toronto; Markel grew up in Toronto & his parents still live there
*both Markel and this couple were of the Jewish faith and well-known/respected/influential in the community

http://trumanscholars.org/from-tsa/wendi-adelson/
I haven't seen this here yet...at this link Wendi refers to her marriage as ill fated and says she married the wrong man that caused her to move to Tallahassee ... Hope you don't mind me jumping in here but saw this and thought it might be interesting to post here ...

I find many things in this piece disturbing beyond the obvious 'ill-fated marriage' paragraph. Quite frankly, I think she comes off as a self- important - self-aggrandizing narcissist. The need to insert so many overly dramatic phrases or descriptions of the hardships of her 'sacrafices', the need to discuss the constant admiration of others who offer her better positions, putting down academics in a thinly veiled insulting way, etc. Red flags to me - IMO she felt as if she was seen as less important than her husband by others, even though she thought of herself as more important. Whether or not that led to murder, I have no idea, but this piece screams out the reasons for their divorce, I think.

http://www.tallahassee.com/story/ne...ed-garcia-during-arrest-markel-case/85064706/

If this account is to be believed, this sure does sound like a lot of firepower and manpower to pick up one suspect, whether he has a record or not. Ten cars? Which means like probably 20 cops? Maybe it's an exaggeration. But even if it was half of that--5 cars--that would make it at least 10 officers. For one suspect? With the inclusion of the Fed Agencies, it almost makes this feel like Garcia is part of some bigger case than him just murdering Dan Markel.

http://www.tallahassee.com/story/ne...ed-garcia-during-arrest-markel-case/85064706/

If this account is to be believed, this sure does sound like a lot of firepower and manpower to pick up one suspect, whether he has a record or not. Ten cars? Which means like probably 20 cops? Maybe it's an exaggeration. But even if it was half of that--5 cars--that would make it at least 10 officers. For one suspect? With the inclusion of the Fed Agencies, it almost makes this feel like Garcia is part of some bigger case than him just murdering Dan Markel.

Exactly! So far I've noted that both the FBI & DEA participated in the arrest, which alludes to something much bigger. Bigger than even a "simple" murder-for-hire.

Is it possible Dan was on drugs? (I'm late to this thread so I'm sure this has been discussed). There are plenty of functioning professional drug addicts in the world.

I find many things in this piece disturbing beyond the obvious 'ill-fated marriage' paragraph. Quite frankly, I think she comes off as a self- important - self-aggrandizing narcissist. The need to insert so many overly dramatic phrases or descriptions of the hardships of her 'sacrafices', the need to discuss the constant admiration of others who offer her better positions, putting down academics in a thinly veiled insulting way, etc. Red flags to me - IMO she felt as if she was seen as less important than her husband by others, even though she thought of herself as more important. Whether or not that led to murder, I have no idea, but this piece screams out the reasons for their divorce, I think.

I got the same impression. I don't know, I guess I just didn't find her all that likeable. JMO. Besides, I couldn't figure out what the heck was going on with her bangs/non-bangs in that picture! (catty, I know)

Is it possible Dan was on drugs? (I'm late to this thread so I'm sure this has been discussed). There are plenty of functioning professional drug addicts in the world.

I went to law school with Dan and knew him professionally after law school. Obviously I cannot know everything about what a person does in private but there was never a hint of that whatsoever.

Agree... This article is not flattering. I'm sure she is quite good as a clinical law professor but she certainly does not try to hide her disdain for it.

I wonder if the ex cried on someones shoulder and that person hired Garcia. With or without her knowledge.

My thought also. I posted my thoughts on this angle not long ago. My belief being that it was done unbeknownst to the wife.

After reading what kemp says above ^^^^ regarding the time frame that Dan became involved in the Rabbi's case, there doesn't appear a connection why Dan would be murdered for it.

It looks more like a hired hit due to the issue of the ex not being granted permission to move the sons out of the jurisdiction of the court. This would be a great rejection and defeat for the ex, and a rule she would have to live by until each child turned 18.

However, with the publicity of who Dan was representing, it could also be used as a good "front or excuse" for the hit, thinking LE would not trace it any further.

My opinions only.

Sorry, I should have made my thoughts more clear. I'm positive the actual murders were committed by different people (male vs. females, etc), but I've read nothing that eliminates the possibility that other key players (involved in the planning) could have been involved in both murders. I'm not convinced they are connected by any means, just intrigued.

I don't think the victims were targetted in either of these cases because they were jewish, or because they had connections to Toronto. Imo motives for murders are very specific to the circumstance of the victim and perp(s) and revolve around money or power/control.

I think a person who can suddenly move secretly away from a husband can easily make all her other plans happen as well. I had a hard time watching her lecture. I think she tries to come off as helping the poor exploited immigrant but her little story is all made up, a novel and she is the hero. All my own opinion.

Fasteddy, It sure does sound like part of a much larger case. jmo

http://trumanscholars.org/from-tsa/wendi-adelson/
I haven't seen this here yet...at this link Wendi refers to her marriage as ill fated and says she married the wrong man that caused her to move to Tallahassee ... Hope you don't mind me jumping in here but saw this and thought it might be interesting to post here ...

She seems fairly naïve, and somewhat self absorbed, but she also sounds like a lot of upper middle class women who have lived sheltered lives. I could not ascertain anything in her writing here that would tell me why she left DM. She describes how she "fell in love with the wrong man", thus taking some responsibility. She also describes her failed marriage as " an ill fated romance". The phrase "ill fated " removes any blame from her or DM ; it just didn't work out for them...all jmo IDK, I hope Mr. G. will tell all to LE, but I'm not so convinced. jmo

I was not impressed with Wendi after watching the video. She did not appear to be a warm, open, kind person who fit with the occupation of her choosing.

If the truth were known, my opinion is she is a very jealous person who did not have the high ambitions that Dan did, yet could not stand watching him succeed as he did. Another factor following that same line of thought is that she had found Tallahassee did not offer her job opportunities in the field she wanted to work in.

By adding those two sentences together, she was stuck in a city that wasn't interested in Human Rights at the level she was, therefore, she couldn't work at a satisfactory job to show how outstanding she was.

In other words, Wendi is a "me person".

My opinions only.

Speaking of self aggrandizing.... THIS is interesting. If this isn't fertile ground for endless psychoanalysis you need to seriously reexamine your life :needdrink: Start at about the 4.50 min mark. I'm honestly flabbergasted something like this even exists.....

https://m.soundcloud.com/writing-class-radio/episode-6-wendi

My very honest and personal opinion of the public audio in four words or less: Ivy League Jodi Arias

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChriNBelusk0