GUILTY FL - Dan Markel, 41, FSU law professor, Tallahassee, 18 July 2014 - #1 *Arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
may be redundant:

[video=vimeo;43182324]https://vimeo.com/43182324[/video]

Not sure, but if anyone has the capability to record the audio I would suggest doing so. I can't, I tried last night but resources are limited as I'm on vacation. I imagine the audio will be taken down shortly... I'd love to see the audio transcribed in print. Also, not sure if there are any other goodies in the series, I only listened to that one but there could be more.

Done :happydance:

After reading a little more, I now understand why there will be 5 or 6 more arrests.

Sometimes very intelligent people think they can outsmart LE. But they fail to realize, that a street ****, hired to do a hit for money, will also spill the beans to save himself.

IMHO

After reading a little more, I now understand why there will be 5 or 6 more arrests.

Sometimes very intelligent people think they can outsmart LE. But they fail to realize, that a street ****, hired to do a hit for money, will also spill the beans to save himself.

IMHO
It seems that Mr. Garcia has been left high and dry.

Someone warned him that LE was about to pick him up....why have your bags packed and in the back of the car? He was also given a card of an attorney the night before. (in case he couldn't get out of town fast enough?)

Someone was trying to cover the bases and their behinds. But not so much Mr. Garcia's.

He's been hung out to dry. Once he figures that out........too bad, so sad.

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk

I believe that because of the Florida Sunshine laws some of the investigative records showing the evidence behind the arrest have to be released. It certainly meant a lot of info provided on what LE had gathered in the Theresa Sievers case, and may have lead to the plea bargain, since it was obvious that the initiator was going to let his friend take the fall.

She spins the story making it appear like she was forced to move closer to her parents in the aftermath of his death, leaving behind a career & a life that she loved (and even misses!) The truth is, she had been desperately trying to relocate with the kids, which was the reason for the contentious custody battle.‎

The police have never disclosed where exactly Markel was shot in the head, (front, side, back.), choosing instead to keep that information close to the vest. She clearly states he ‎was shot "at point blank range in the back of the head." I'm curious how she knows this and even more curious as to why she would share it with the world amid an ongoing investigation...

‎

RSBM. I noticed these things as well, but since I have not been following the case until recently, I didn't know if the information about the gunshot wound had been released.

RSBM. I noticed these things as well, but since I have not been following the case until recently, I didn't know if the information about the gunshot wound had been released.

For some reason, i recall it as a shot to the side of DM's jaw, will try to find a link, not sure if the info. is accurate, but..

Dan Markel, 41, was shot as he drove his car to his garage in Tallahassee on Friday July 18. The gunman - who has still not been identified - shot once through the car window, striking him in the jaw
Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...aited-19-minutes-ambulance.html#ixzz4AAStyPKL
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
rbbm.

She said that Danny said she "deluded everyone but him" with her smiling persona, I find that very telling.

So because Dan did not cow-tow to her, she left him? That's what I think it sounds like. Poor Dan, he married the "wrong woman".

Yes, that phrase is very telling. Perhaps DM meant that she didn't fool him, that he was wise to her. Or,conversely, perhaps he was saying that no one understood her innermost core like he did. I think many things would be much more clear if the reason for her moving out like she did was explained. jmo

It seems that Mr. Garcia has been left high and dry.

Someone warned him that LE was about to pick him up....why have your bags packed and in the back of the car? He was also given a card of an attorney the night before. (in case he couldn't get out of town fast enough?)

Someone was trying to cover the bases and their behinds. But not so much Mr. Garcia's.

He's been hung out to dry. Once he figures that out........too bad, so sad.

totally agree. Actually, it's hard to understand why anyone would hire him to do murder. Not like he's much of a criminal, he seems to get caught a lot.

What's so ironic { and horrifying ) is the idea that this was done so that a certain person could have sole custody of these children. How are these boys going to react to the reality of what happened as they grow up ? jmo

For some reason, i recall it as a shot to the side of DM's jaw, will try to find a link, not sure if the info. is accurate, but..

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...aited-19-minutes-ambulance.html#ixzz4AAStyPKL
rbbm.

It struck me as odd that she said point blank, I can't see that he would continue to sit in his car and let someone approach that close, and have his head turned away from them. Perhaps it was a detail provided to enhance her story, rather than for accuracy. Or perhaps LE didn't reveal the info, so it's how she visualizes it.

It struck me as odd that she said point blank, I can't see that he would continue to sit in his car and let someone approach that close, and have his head turned away from them. Perhaps it was a detail provided to enhance her story, rather than for accuracy. Or perhaps LE didn't reveal the info, so it's how she visualizes it.

I think he was on his phone as the killer came up his driveway. it is mentioned back in these threads. I think he told the person on the other end of the phone that he did not know the man who was approaching. No link for this, but it is back at the beginning of the threads. jmo

rbbm.

I had heard that too, but authorities will not confirm. Seems consistent with the the crime scene. Not real sure how he could be shot in the back of the head unless he turned away from the perp, and I just don't get that vibe.

Including that detail in her story 'feels' like it was done deliberately, to serve a purpose beyond the scope of the story itself. Establishing an incorrect fact to give the appearance of innocence. Make sense? I'm struggling to find the words today. Lol.

Yes, that phrase is very telling. Perhaps DM meant that she didn't fool him, that he was wise to her. Or,conversely, perhaps he was saying that no one understood her innermost core like he did. I think many things would be much more clear if the reason for her moving out like she did was explained. jmo

I think it could have meant, "everyone thinks I'm so wonderful, but he didn't think I was and I hated that." (i.e. "he (THINKS HE) knew how bad I was. Never understood my greatness.")

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Point-blank_range
In popular usage, point-blank range has come to mean extremely close "can't miss" range with a firearm, within four feet of its muzzle at moment of discharge yet not close enough to be a contact shot

Execution style , would imply the shot ( murder) was not motivated by passion and therefore not personal, ie. a "hit", imo.
Hope the poor guy did not feel any pain, considering the " hit-man" did not quite do a perfect " job "
If true that a shot was fired through the glass window, would the glass and blood not cover the shooter?

I can't help but think he never would have allowed her to move out. Or with the children anyway.

I think she had it planned for when he was gone long enough for her to get the movers in and out and down to Miami before he got back from his business trip. No fighting, no arguing.......but I think she seriously underestimated him and the lengths he would go to to get his kids back.

She may have been smart, but emotionally...she was extremely naive.

I think it could have meant, "everyone thinks I'm so wonderful, but he didn't think I was and I hated that." (i.e. "he (THINKS HE) knew how bad I was. Never understood my greatness.")

The last 2 paragraphs from her readings are very telling, I've transcribed them below. To me, I think she's feeling stung by criticism that she's shown no grief or been upset by her ex's death, and she's trying to respond (because criticism is intolerable), but instead of admitting to anything real, she sneakily twists things to show what a nasty jerk he was, saying those things to poor well-meaning her! Sadly, I'm all too familiar with this strategy from trying to talk to certain people in my life. They're made of teflon, they can never admit to the slightest flaw.

"If I am a person that likes to be funny and use humour and levity to engage with people, then is it an authentic or inauthentic response to smile at the news of something tragic? Am I deluding others or myself when I smile or laugh through the pain of a terrible time? Am I avoiding actually bathing in the grief I feel so that when time passes I will have missed my time to grieve?

"Danny used to tell me everyone thought I was such a nice person and such a good person, but he was the only one who knew the truth about what a bad person I was. He was convinced I had deluded everyone but him"

The last 2 paragraphs from her readings are very telling, I've transcribed them below. To me, I think she's feeling stung by criticism that she's shown no grief or been upset by her ex's death, and she's trying to respond (because criticism is intolerable), but instead of admitting to anything real, she sneakily twists things to show what a nasty jerk he was, saying those things to poor well-meaning her! Sadly, I'm all too familiar with this strategy from trying to talk to certain people in my life. They're made of teflon, they can never admit to the slightest flaw.

"If I am a person that likes to be funny and use humour and levity to engage with people, then is it an authentic or inauthentic response to smile at the news of something tragic? Am I deluding others or myself when I smile or laugh through the pain of a terrible time? Am I avoiding actually bathing in the grief I feel so that when time passes I will have missed my time to grieve?

"Danny used to tell me everyone thought I was such a nice person and such a good person, but he was the only one who knew the truth about what a bad person I was. He was convinced I had deluded everyone but him"

Yep, I totally agree with you. Some people are master manipulators.

ETA: And I'd like to add that maybe it's true. Maybe he was emotionally/verbally abusing her, telling her everyone didn't know how awful she actually was when she wasn't. If it's true he didn't read her book, that is at the least insensitive and selfish and at the most downright emotionally abusive. If I wrote a book I'd be hurt if my loved one had no interest in reading it.

I can't help but think he never would have allowed her to move out. Or with the children anyway.

I think she had it planned for when he was gone long enough for her to get the movers in and out and down to Miami before he got back from his business trip. No fighting, no arguing.......but I think she seriously underestimated him and the lengths he would go to to get his kids back.

She may have been smart, but emotionally...she was extremely naive.

Moving out and hiding the kids from what it sounds like was the most loving and caring father was abuse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Txwoman