GUILTY FL - Dan Markel, 41, FSU law professor, Tallahassee, 18 July 2014 - #2 *Arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If I'm not mistaken, Dan wanted DA'S visits w/ his children to be supervised. That certainly would have limited granny's access to them. (knowing what we know now. I'm thinking the court may have agreed with him had they had the opportunity to question her.) But....that pesky murder got in the way and she no longer had to worry about it.

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk

Yes I believe that's correct based on what I recall. To clarify some [all] of my previous comments, it seems clear that law enforcement's working theory is that one or more of the A's orchestrated Dan's murder as a way to spring WA from Tallahassee and bring her back to South Florida, perhaps for a variety of reasons and possibly in addition to some other reasons. This is assuming that the information that's been provided in the last few months is accurate and is not a red herring to induce the real suspects to say or do something incriminating. We don't seem to have any direct evidence of the A's actual involvement in the planning of the alleged hit, but if what LE says is true, they appear to believe that this is the link. Assuming LE is correct that at least one of the A's set up this murder, which is pure speculation at this point (at least from where I sit), the biggest mystery becomes which and how many of the A's knew or participated. A ton of publicly available information seems to shed light on a number of different family dynamics and other relationships which might suggest that one or more family members were involved before or after the fact. But nothing we've seen so far demonstrates conclusively that it had to be a particular person or persons within the family ---- assuming the family was involved at all. If it's true that one or more the A's were involved in this attack, which we don't know for sure, the really hard part for LE will be figuring out and proving who exactly knew what, and when they knew it. Speculating, IMHO.

Are there other siblings in the family aside from WA and CA?

I apologize for not sourcing this at the moment (I will as soon as I get home, if no one else has), but if my memory serves me correctly, there is another male sibling in the family who currently lives in the NE.

It's unclear if there were other grandchildren. Does CA have kids? Are there other siblings in the family aside from WA and CA? In one of the divorce motions, Dan claimed that DA (grandmother) told the grandchildren that Dan was stupid and was trying to keep her sunshines away from her, or something to that effect. There also seems to have been some evidence of possible bad blood between Dan and CA though I don't recall where that was documented (probable cause affidavit?). The evidence appears to suggest that there was no love lost between Dan and the A's after the divorce, and that seems to be the theory that law enforcement is going on to try to draw a connection between Dan, the alleged hitmen, and some of the members of this family. IMHO, speculating based on what I recall having seen in the records.

I saw on one of the post that one of the children told Dan, grandma DA hated him. That's enough to not want your children around her or any of the A's.

I apologize for not sourcing this at the moment (I will as soon as I get home, if no one else has), but if my memory serves me correctly, there is another male sibling in the family who currently lives in the NE.

Someone said there was another son who lives in New York. Don't know if that's completely true or not.

This quick link doesn't support the specifics of my post, but it does confirm there are 3 'A' siblings.

Dr. Adelson lived in the north for many years, but decided he wanted to establish his family in the warmer climate and more beautiful environment of South Florida. He and his wife have raised three children (...)
http://floridasmilemaker.com/harvey-j-adelson-dmd-pa/

t. But nothing we've seen so far demonstrates conclusively that it had to be a particular person or persons within the family ---- assuming the family was involved at all. If it's true that one or more the A's were involved in this attack, which we don't know for sure, the really hard part for LE will be figuring out and proving who exactly knew what, and when they knew it.[/B] Speculating, IMHO.

If the A family wasn't involved, they filed a fradulent PCA with the court. Seems highly unlikely. They probably avoided giving details because of the ongoing investigation. I appreciate that you're trying to be fair, but I think we can safely assume some members of the A family were involved.

If I'm not mistaken, Dan wanted DA'S visits w/ his children to be supervised. That certainly would have limited granny's access to them. (knowing what we know now. I'm thinking the court may have agreed with him had they had the opportunity to question her.) But....that pesky murder got in the way and she no longer had to worry about it.

There's no way a judge would have granted this. Remember, the judge had to read all of Daniel Markel's over-the-top motions. He had to be annoyed with both sides.
This is why the motive in the PCA is so crazy, the custody stuff could have been worked out.

The family runs the Adelson Institute for Esthetics and Implant Dentistry in Tamarac, where Wendi Adelson's mother, Donna, is the patient care coordinator. Wendi's father, Dr. Harvey Adelson, is a cosmetic dentist; her brother, Dr. Charles Adelson, is a periodontist. A second brother, Robert, is a doctor in Albany, N.Y., specializing in ear, nose and throat conditions.
rbbm.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/local/b...amily-fsu-slain-professor-20160603-story.html

Just in case anyone is interested in reviewing motions of the entire case:

https://cvweb.clerk.leon.fl.us/publ...ine_searches/search_courts/search_by_name.asp

Is there anyway to get this on the 1st page of this thread?

Thank you

Is this the direct link to what you'd like added to the first post in this thread? If so, I'd be happy to add it :)

https://cvweb.clerk.leon.fl.us/publ...sp?report=full_view&caseid=1038015&jiscaseid=

ETA: or do you just want the general search link?

it's where you have to press accept, type in Markel's name and then hit search. 2 cases # come up with dates press which one you want to see.

so sorry. In your response, I hit it and it took me right to it.

There's a lot to unpack there. But primarily, the truth is that she was under a court order to remain in Tallahassee, which she had actively fought against. That appears to be the reason why she was still in Tallahassee after she and Dan broke up. There seems to be evidence to suggest that she may have been unhappy to be living there, she may have believed that living in Tallahassee was beneath her, and she may have wanted to be in a place that she considered to be more cosmopolitan.
I haven't read her book but I'm told it kind of skewers Tallahassee. And part of the Truman statement is unkind to FSU.
I'm headed overseas and just realized I will not be back in time for the Grand Jury! But I look forward to seeing what y'all think of all this once there are more indictments.

I haven't read her book but I'm told it kind of skewers Tallahassee. And part of the Truman statement is unkind to FSU.
I'm headed overseas and just realized I will not be back in time for the Grand Jury! But I look forward to seeing what y'all think of all this once there are more indictments.

Wishing you a safe and happy trip!

Wondering if the A's and DM became aware of this 2009 case in Toronto, prior to the request to have g.ma's visits supervised?

https://www.thestar.com/news/2009/01/24/mom_loses_custody_for_alienating_dad.html
Jan 24 2009
In a stunning and unusual family law decision, a Toronto judge has stripped a mother of custody of her three children after the woman spent more than a decade trying to alienate them from their father.

The mother's "consistent and overwhelming" campaign to brainwash the children into thinking their father was a bad person was nothing short of emotional abuse, Justice Faye McWatt of the Superior Court of Justice wrote in her decision.

The three girls, ages 9 to 14, were brought to a downtown courthouse last Friday and turned over to their father, a vascular surgeon identified only as A.L.

Their mother, a chiropodist identified as K.D., was ordered to stay away from the building during the transfer and to have her daughters' clothing and possessions sent to their father's house.

The paperback version of WA's book is starting at $47.74 on Amazon??? Can that be possible? Has it always been that expensive or have the prices gone up since she gained notoriety through this case?
https://www.amazon.com/This-Story-W...&qid=1468600709&sr=8-2&keywords=wendi+adelson

lol. i think you can get it for $5 used at the FSU bookstore.

Wow dotr! Speculating here but I'll bet Dan did and he may have shown/thrown that article to WA, who subsequently showed it to DA.

imo...bubbe and fetter ( DA & CA ) are behind the plot. WA was the catalyst.

If granny hated Dan that much. Then granny must feel like an entitiled Queen Mary that will strike down all whom disagrees. Iregardless of their nobility status. Jmo.

Because Dan was really such a good professional human being and father.

And she may have felt that he was Adolf or something. Lol. Idk

Yes I believe that's correct based on what I recall. To clarify some [all] of my previous comments, it seems clear that law enforcement's working theory is that one or more of the A's orchestrated Dan's murder as a way to spring WA from Tallahassee and bring her back to South Florida, perhaps for a variety of reasons and possibly in addition to some other reasons. This is assuming that the information that's been provided in the last few months is accurate and is not a red herring to induce the real suspects to say or do something incriminating. We don't seem to have any direct evidence of the A's actual involvement in the planning of the alleged hit, but if what LE says is true, they appear to believe that this is the link. Assuming LE is correct that at least one of the A's set up this murder, which is pure speculation at this point (at least from where I sit), the biggest mystery becomes which and how many of the A's knew or participated. A ton of publicly available information seems to shed light on a number of different family dynamics and other relationships which might suggest that one or more family members were involved before or after the fact. But nothing we've seen so far demonstrates conclusively that it had to be a particular person or persons within the family ---- assuming the family was involved at all. If it's true that one or more the A's were involved in this attack, which we don't know for sure, the really hard part for LE will be figuring out and proving who exactly knew what, and when they knew it. Speculating, IMHO.
do you think the 8-hour police interview be part of this? did they interview everyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper