GUILTY FL - Dan Markel, 41, FSU law professor, Tallahassee, 18 July 2014 - #2 *Arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone posted the actual briefs from the divorce proceedings (as opposed to just press accounts of them)? I searched but wasn't able to locate them.

So granny nanny (DA) was a frequent visitor to Tallehassee as she was caring for the boys when WA was teaching and when WA had the boys. No wonder Dan was half crazed.

So, what happened that Dan decided to stay on the 18th instead of flying out. (or maybe he was later that afternoon)?

Granny must have been spitting nails as the hit didn"t take place on the day it was supposed to. And you're right, she was probably there in anticipation of picking up the boys. This makes me wonder more about this unidentified witness. Could he/she be a casual acquaintance of Granny? Did someone contact Granny on 7/17/14 to let her know there had been a change in plans? " Uh sorry, the hitmen fell in the ravine and got wet so it's a no go for today."

The probable cause on Granny is going to be something else.
yes I agree the probable cause will most likely include Granny's movements, emails, cell phone records, and financial records too... I can't see her not being present somewhere nearby if indeed she is the one behind this murder ... I'm wondering if perhaps she was at lunch that day with Wendi?

Has anyone posted the actual briefs from the divorce proceedings (as opposed to just press accounts of them)? I searched but wasn't able to locate them.
https://cvweb.clerk.leon.fl.us/publ...ine_searches/search_courts/search_by_name.asp

This will take you to main page. Scroll down and hit accept.

Put in Markel's name and you'll get some choices. You won't be able to see the briefs unless you pay for them but you'll be able to see all the motions filed and when. Also, be sure you scroll all the way down in order to view them. And there are a bunch!

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk

I thought I'd do a milage estimate on the perp's trip.
1.) The one they took: Toll road for Alligator Alley I-75W from Ft. Lauderdale to Naples= 109 miles and 1 hr. and 39 min. From Naples to Tallahassee is= 434 miles at 6 hrs. 8 min with a total=543 miles at 7 hr. and 47 min

2). No tolls at all: I-95 N. to Jacksonville and I-10 W to Tallahassee = 6 hr and 56 min.

3). The fastest. w/tolls Florida Turnpike N. to I-10 W to Tallahassee=464 mi at 6 hr and 25 min.

All of the above is no stops and pushing the pedal to the metal.

The way they traveled was clearly the longest way by an hour and a half.
The no toll road would have been 1 hour shorter

It seems odd that they would pick this route.

On 7/16/14, they left at 2:18 pm arriving in Tallahassee at a little after midnight.

On 7/18/14 they left Tallahassee at approx 11:00am and arriving in Miami at approx 6:30pm.
(they made great time. Probably no stops along the way)

I am surprised that the monetary transaction occurred on July 18 at 6:30pm as Dan had not been declared deceased until the next day.

I thought about this for a while.

What I speculate, is that there is some version of the following: Garcia and Lopez were likely advised by the Adelson's (perhaps through Magbanua) to avoid toll roads and subsequently instructed to take "the interstate" or to simply take 75. Utilizing I-75 out of Miami would certainly simplify the journey as far as the route goes. I highly doubt they were intelligent enough to realize the Sunpass mistake they made. I think the aforementioned, among other missteps, supports another poster that theorized Garcia may have gained control of the plan; perhaps after some point of planning/execution. A good example would be Garcia renting the Prius in his own name. Further, we know Garcia was regularly in contact with Magbanua during the event. If Garcia was truly in contact with her (rather than the brother), I doubt any advice he received would be advantageous to them 'getting away with it.' Admittedly, that's a bit of a stretch on my part. Still- I think that may support them being so daft as to use an ATM while in the rented Prius. I feel that folks from the Adelson family would have cautioned the duo against such blunders. That being said, future headlines may dispute the inherent intelligence of the involved Adelson family members.
:coffeeup:

I've been wondering how they made the leap from the fact that it was a Prius to these two specific individuals if the license plate wasn't visible in the videos. I wonder if it was cell tower dumps--get a list of all phone numbers that interacted with the tower serving the location where the Prius was spotted at a specific time and bump that against lists from other times and towers from other times the Prius was spotted.

I think LE may have identified them via the car rental agency. LE likely asked all agencies in Fla that rent Prius cars to give them records for time frame of the murder. They were probably focused on the Miami area because of the in-law situation. Car agencies likely cooperated and name came up.

I thought about this for a while. I think the aforementioned, among other missteps, supports another poster that theorized Garcia may have gained control of the plan; perhaps after some point of planning/execution. A good example would be Garcia renting the Prius in his own name.

Garcia did not rent the Prius in his name
, it was rented by Rivera. This is in the PC affidavit.
There's a lot of "sleuthing" going on here that contradicts publicly available information.

I thought about this for a while.

What I speculate, is that there is some version of the following: Garcia and Lopez were likely advised by the Adelson's (perhaps through Magbanua) to avoid toll roads and subsequently instructed to take "the interstate" or to simply take 75. Utilizing I-75 out of Miami would certainly simplify the journey as far as the route goes. I highly doubt they were intelligent enough to realize the Sunpass mistake they made. I think the aforementioned, among other missteps, supports another poster that theorized Garcia may have gained control of the plan; perhaps after some point of planning/execution. A good example would be Garcia renting the Prius in his own name. Further, we know Garcia was regularly in contact with Magbanua during the event. If Garcia was truly in contact with her (rather than the brother), I doubt any advice he received would be advantageous to them 'getting away with it.' Admittedly, that's a bit of a stretch on my part. Still- I think that may support them being so daft as to use an ATM while in the rented Prius. I feel that folks from the Adelson family would have cautioned the duo against such blunders. That being said, future headlines may dispute the inherent intelligence of the involved Adelson family members.
:coffeeup:
I totally agree with your last sentence!

One another thing is the placement of Donna Adelson, Wendi's mother, in Tallahassee at the time of the killing. I wonder where this started from. There is no indication that she was in Tallahassee. It started with the pending motion by Dan to have her access his children only in the presence of another party. This was broached as a possible "motive" for the murder in the PC. Then this became she must have plotted the whole thing to she was right at the crime scene. "She must have been there to get the children since Wendi would be interrogated for 8 hours."

Can someone show that Donna indeed was physically in Tallahassee on Friday, July 18, 2016, when Dan Markel was shot? She may have been there immediately afterwards, upon hearing the news. to meet Wendi and her children. But there is nothing that indicates she was in Tallahassee as the killing took place. That would be extremely foolish on her part, especially if she is involved.

Garcia did not rent the Prius in his name, it was rented by Rivera. This is in the PC affidavit.
There's a lot of "sleuthing" going on here that contradicts publicly available information.

One another thing is the placement of Donna Adelson, Wendi's mother, in Tallahassee at the time of the killing. I wonder where this started from. There is no indication that she was in Tallahassee. It started with the pending motion by Dan to have her access his children only in the presence of another party. This was broached as a possible "motive" for the murder in the PC. Then this became she must have plotted the whole thing to she was right at the crime scene. "She must have been there to get the children since Wendi would be interrogated for 8 hours."

Can someone show that Donna indeed was physically in Tallahassee on Friday, July 18, 2016, when Dan Markel was shot? She may have been there immediately afterwards, upon hearing the news. to meet Wendi and her children. But there is nothing that indicates she was in Tallahassee as the killing took place. That would be extremely foolish on her part, especially if she is involved.
What do you mean by "immediately afterwards" ? I wouldn't consider a 450+ miles drive as "immediately". And if she was in the Tallahassee area within less than 6hrs of the notification of the murder, I would wonder how that was possible.

please take this for whatever it's worth ... on the Justice for Dan facebook page, 8/15/15 post, the writer says that Dan was planning on flying to New York that same day he was killed... "On July 18, Dan planned to fly to NY and meet his client a few days later, in person for the first time."... https://www.facebook.com/Justice4Dan/?fref=ts ...I could be reading it wrong but sounds like it was a transition day for the children so grandma could have been there already...

mea culpa...but I never asserted it as fact I just think it will be interesting to know where Granny was that day ... and while I agree with you it would be foolish for her to be in Tallahassee if she was the one behind murdering the professor, this entire murder-for-hire plot is foolish...IMO

Yes, Helmut3585 you are correct. I think these were possible theories. No, we don't know if
DA was in Tallehassee at the time of the hit. We don't even know where WA was living when she returned to Tallehassee with the kids. Maybe she didn't need someone to help her with the kids during the week. Maybe they were at daycare all day while she was working. Same with Dan. I believe that was part of Dan's beef, though. That WA used others to watch the kids when he was available (but it wasn't his week.)

I can"t access the link to Dan's Facebook right now due to Facebook difficulties, but if it did say he was planning on flying out to NY on the 18th, July of 2014,
to meet with a new client, then imo there must have been some telephonic debate regarding the date it was supposed to happen vs the day when they could try again.

So I apoligize, I got a bit over zealous with "the granny nanny"
taking up residence part time in Tallehassee.

I wondered in a post how quickly she arrived here, but never assumed she was already in town...

Sent from my KFSOWI using Tapatalk

http://www.news4jax.com/news/florid...t-2-in-fsu-law-professor-murder-for-hire-case
Grand jurors expected to indict at least 2 in FSU law professor murder for hire case
Posted: 4:55 PM, June 16, 2016
TALLAHASSEE, Fla. - A grand jury is meeting in the state Capitol to consider the murder for hire case of a Florida State University law professor. The investigation is far from over.
It was a day of opening and closing doors as grand jury witnesses came and went.
State Attorney Willie Meggs said the grand jury will meet well into Friday.
Prosecutor Georgia Cappleman said her grand jury presentation will focus on the two men in custody.
"I am presenting an overview of the entirety of the case, so they can give me feedback on other suspects," Cappleman said. "So they have the power to indict whoever they choose."
Neither Garcia or Rivera are cooperating.

Glad to hear about the grand jury but mad R and G aren't cooperating.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Yet. A death penalty first-degree murder indictment can change one's perspective quickly.

Garcia probably doesn't want to talk because he would be implicating KM the mother of his kids. I don't know about the other guy. Their mouths are sealed by the amount of money they got and now their loved ones have it? Must have been a large amount of money. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper