GUILTY FL - Dan Markel, 41, FSU law professor, Tallahassee, 18 July 2014 - #3 *Arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is a psych evaluation part of the process when someone makes a deal in exchange for testimony? It could also just be that he is planning to raise a mental disorder defense.

I have no idea. Could be either. The fact that Rivera's whereabouts are still not listed is perplexing. It was previously stated in the media that he was diagnosed with schizophrenia at age 10.

I have no idea. Could be either. The fact that Rivera's whereabouts are still not listed is perplexing. It was previously stated in the media that he was diagnosed with schizophrenia at age 10.

Yes. Federal Bureau of Prisons appears to indicate that he's still not in their custody.

Yes. Federal Bureau of Prisons appears to indicate that he's still not in their custody.
I can't help but think he's under lock and key somewhere. Maybe there have been threats made against him?

Which brings me to Garcia. I almost felt sorry for him in the picture of him sitting in court, dejected.

Why has he gone through so many attorneys? Wasn't Rivera's current attorney once Garcia's attorney? I can't help but think that Garcia tuly thinks he'll get out on bond. Are his past and present attorneys frustrated with him that he's not being realistic?

Are his past and present attorneys getting paid? That's a hike up to Tallahassee from Miami only to be told "sorry, but you have to speak with the other judge". If you're not getting paid, what a hassle that is.

Is Garcia aware of Rivera's relocation and that he could possibly be talking? If so, he needs to quit worrying about getting bond and start thinking about a plea.

JMO

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk

Is this the same Luis Rivera ?!
speculation, imo.
http://caselaw.findlaw.com/ma-supreme-judicial-court/1393439.html
Supreme Judicial Court of Massachusetts,Norfolk.

COMMONWEALTH v. Luis RIVERA.

Decided: March 30, 2004

The defendant's mother testified that he had been diagnosed with mental illness in 1994, for which he had been hospitalized seven times.   She stated that her son's medication causes “memory problems” and that he was “easily persuadable.”   She also testified that she did not hear anyone advise him of his Miranda rights or see him sign anything.   She did know that he could leave and that he did not have to speak with the police.   She went to the police station sometime after 1 a.m. on July 4 to learn what was happening with her son and was told that the police would send the defendant home or have him call her at the conclusion of the interview and that she should go home.   She stated that her son telephoned her at about 4 a.m., and said that he had  killed the victim and that, “It was me,” “I went crazy,” and “Mom, that's life.
” [SUP]5
rbbm
[/SUP]

word on the street is someone is talking or planning to. no one will say anything else

word on the street is someone is talking or planning to. no one will say anything else

Well Garcia and Luis were in that car and on the road for hours.

Plus if Garcia was using Cocaine; Then he probably talked Luis head off about the who, what, where, when, and why. Jmo.

Now Luis was a top gang leader within the gang in his area.

So he was definitely street smart and would have made sure that he received 1000% of every piece of information that Garcia had.

Especially about who is paying and how much and why do they want this to happen and where do these people live just in case. Jmo

So Luis could be talking since he is already doing 12 years Federal time for a unrelated drug case. Jmo.

Ugh. They usually only appoint an expert for a psych eval if there is "a reasonable basis to believe a Defendant is incompetent to proceed." I hope he didn't change his mind on giving testimony for the state and decide to go the "incompetent to proceed" route. That said, I believe the expert will find him competent (he's pled to severe criminal offenses in the past and was found competent) and then will be back on track to give testimony against Garcia.

No, the Miami Luis is 32, would have been 14 years old in 1998, when the Brookline killer was 22. I think it's a very common hispanic name.

Thanks! The shared diagnosis of schizophrenia, made me think accused criminal Luis Rivera, was the same person as accused criminal Luis Rivera.

My thoughts are that Riveria is not listed as to where he is being held for his own protection.

We know gangs are still active within prison walls, therefore, no chances are being taken in alerting anyone to
where he is.

If he is the one talking, that is even more reason to keep his whereabouts a secret.

My opinions only.

State seeks breast enhancement records in Markel case
Magbanua and Charlie Adelson dated around the time Markel was killed. She also worked at the family’s South Florida dental office. Garcia is the father of two of her children.

Prosecutors say Charlie Adelson paid for half of a $6,000 to $7,000 breast implant surgery done by Dr. Leonard Roudner, also known as "Dr. Boobner," in October 2014, roughly three months after Markel’s killing.

http://on.tdo.com/2ba2Aiu

Magbanua and Charlie Adelson dated around the time Markel was killed. She also worked at the family’s South Florida dental office. Garcia is the father of two of her children.

Prosecutors say Charlie Adelson paid for half of a $6,000 to $7,000 breast implant surgery done by Dr. Leonard Roudner, also known as "Dr. Boobner," in October 2014, roughly three months after Markel’s killing.

Piece by piece this sick plot unfolds.

Piece by piece this sick plot unfolds.

"A state’s witness provided Roudner’s name, the address of his Coral Gables practice and how much was paid for the procedure. Prosecutors say there are social media photos of the breast enhancements."

Anyone else think the state witness is Rivera? I do.

Patients probably do not even have to be told to open wide, jaws must already be dropped!
imo, speculation.

Prosecutors say the procedure is significant to the homicide investigation but is not the only record they are seeking.

“You can spin it any way you want to about who paid for the augmentation and what that means,” said Assistant State Attorney Anna Norris in court. “But if Charlie Adelson paid for it, that’s very significant when there is a homicide investigation where there is a conspiracy between him and Ms. Magbanua.”
]

"A state’s witness provided Roudner’s name, the address of his Coral Gables practice and how much was paid for the procedure. Prosecutors say there are social media photos of the breast enhancements."

Yes. I think Mr. R. is talking. But not about this. I believe there is someone else that gave this info to the DAs.

I don't know whether it's evidence of anything, he looks like the kind who buys all his girlfriends boob jobs, if they haven't had them already.

Yes. I think Mr. R. is talking. But not about this. I believe there is someone else that gave this info to the DAs.

What husband/boyfriend is going to tell his partner in crime
that his girlfriend/wife had a breast augmentation paid for by her then "boyfriend", CA, who had first and direct access to those final results.

Ok. A grateful one but..... 😨

Would Garcia know the Dr's name and address who did the job and then be able to relay that to Rivera who then relays it to the DA? I doubt either of them were that interested in who and where.
Which is why I think there may be another state's witness in the mix.

Who knows. Maybe even KM herself?

Maybe the state&#8217;s witness is a billing clerk in Dr <modsnip>&#8217;s office. The billing clerk would know who paid for KM&#8217;s breast augmentation and then reported the information to authorities.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member