GUILTY FL - Dan Markel, 41, FSU law professor, Tallahassee, 18 July 2014 - #3 *Arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know whether it's evidence of anything, he looks like the kind who buys all his girlfriends boob jobs, if they haven't had them already.

On the other hand, what kind of rich guy goes halfsies on a boob job with his struggling single mom girlfriend (or ex girlfriend) if he's just giving her a gift? That doesn't seem very romantic or generous, IMHO. Has information been released about when exactly CA and KM stopped seeing each other romantically?

On the other hand, what kind of rich guy goes halfsies on a boob job with his struggling single mom girlfriend (or ex girlfriend) if he's just giving her a gift? That doesn't seem very romantic or generous, IMHO. Has information been released about when exactly CA and KM stopped seeing each other romantically?

One might assume that they were still dating at the time of the murder, although SG was apparently phoning KM a great deal at that time too.
imo.

Investigators say Katherine Magbanua, a former girlfriend of Charles Adelson and the mother of two of Garcia’s children, was the connection between the Adelsons and the two alleged hitmen. Weinstein said Magbanua and Charles Adelson dated. ... Prosecutors last week called Magbanua a suspect and witness in the case. She was one of Charles Adelson's top cell phone contacts around the time Markel was killed.

He admits Charles Adelson was dating the mother of Garcia's children. She worked in his dental office, Weinstein said. "They dated for a short period of time, under a year, and that was it," he said.
http://taxprof.typepad.com/taxprof_...th-charlie-adelson-denies-any-involvemen.html
rbbm.

"A state’s witness provided Roudner’s name, the address of his Coral Gables practice and how much was paid for the procedure. Prosecutors say there are social media photos of the breast enhancements."

Anyone else think the state witness is Rivera? I do.

I agree with others that Rivera is most likely talking but in this case I don't think it is him. I wouldn't think that except the boob job came after the murder.

I can't help but think he's under lock and key somewhere. Maybe there have been threats made against him?

Which brings me to Garcia. I almost felt sorry for him in the picture of him sitting in court, dejected.

Why has he gone through so many attorneys? Wasn't Rivera's current attorney once Garcia's attorney? I can't help but think that Garcia tuly thinks he'll get out on bond. Are his past and present attorneys frustrated with him that he's not being realistic?

Are his past and present attorneys getting paid? That's a hike up to Tallahassee from Miami only to be told "sorry, but you have to speak with the other judge". If you're not getting paid, what a hassle that is.

Is Garcia aware of Rivera's relocation and that he could possibly be talking? If so, he needs to quit worrying about getting bond and start thinking about a plea.

JMO

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk

This may be totally off base, just a wild *advertiser censored** speculation: What if the attorneys that he is "going through" find out that Garcia has associations, or claims involvement with close friends or associates (of the attorney) and remove themselves from the case bacauese there would be some type of conflict of interest.

I agree with others that Rivera is most likely talking but in this case I don't think it is him. I wouldn't think that except the boob job came after the murder.

http://www.wctv.tv/content/news/Pro...records-in-Markel-murder-case--390758422.html
Prosecutors told the judge Friday they believe Charles Adelson paid for Magbanua to get a breast augmentation in October 2014. That's about three months after Markel's murder.

Turns out CA and KM were dating at the time of the murder, hmm, so, one b.f. might be a " hit man" and the other b.f. is apparently a "_ it man " imo, speculation

http://taxprof.typepad.com/taxprof_...-for-breast-enhancement-surgery-for-moth.html

Magbanua and Charlie Adelson dated around the time Markel was killed

This may be totally off base, just a wild *advertiser censored** speculation: What if the attorneys that he is "going through" find out that Garcia has associations, or claims involvement with close friends or associates (of the attorney) and remove themselves from the case bacauese there would be some type of conflict of interest.
I think your inadvertent (?) "case barbeque" is very appropiate. 😁

After listening to his jailhouse call with KM (released with probable cause) he's either very unaware and naive, or was "playing to the listening ears"", or trying to reassure KM not to worry as he told her he is going to sue for wrongful arrest when he gets out.

Really?!

I don't know but I can't help but think he's in a different stratosphere than everyone else.

After reading everyone's comments here, it has finally dawned on me that there was never a romantic relationship between KM and CA. (maybe you all know that already). CA isn't going to see anyone who doesn't already have......an augmented or naturally, nice bosom.

And who paid the other half of this augmentation? Mumsy?

No, this was part of the payment....deal. And Garcia was probably overjoyed and felt this was a great way to be paid for his part in the demise of DM. (I wonder what Rivera got. Maybe that's why he's talking.) JMO

So, for me, the question is...
just how did CA meet KM. There was never a romantic relationship. They'd just like everyone to believe that.

I wonder if CA and KM and SG ran with some of the same people and in some of the same circles?

Jail phone call link re post in case anyone is looking for it.
https://soundcloud.com/tallahassee-democrat/jail-call-sigfredo-garcia

Well that was interesting. I know this has been discussed before so I will be brief in my thoughts. Boy was she disinterested in chatting with him or what. Sigh, moan, not paying attention, repeating back to him last words said. Oh woe is me. I think he is delusional about his fate, or was at the time of this call. This isn't his first time around and he thinks this is going to go down in his favor somehow? And he is going to sue. Or maybe it was happy chat for listening ears. She is so disinterested. Only until the end with the "I need you's, love you etc.)

just how did CA meet KM. There was never a romantic relationship. They'd just like everyone to believe that.

I too wonder how they met. I think CA runs in some circles other than fellow dentists, golf course buddies, etc. I don't think there was a "romantic" relationship with flowers, candles, meeting parents, talking about the future. But they were definitely seeing one another. Probably late at night and in the early morning. Probably not in public.

Seems to me that whether or not CA paying for KM's boob job is incriminating depends a lot on the precise timing, which we don't seem to have a good handle on. If they were in a personal relationship at the time of the payment, the fact that he paid for her surgery doesn't prove much; he can easily explain it away as a gift to his girlfriend. However, if the payment came after they broke up, it would be much more suspicious. Who would pay for an ex's plastic surgery unless there were some ulterior motive?

Also, keep in mind that KM didn't just date CA; she also worked in the dental office where CA and both of his (and WA's) parents worked:

http://www.tallahassee.com/story/ne...-attorney-denies-markel-involvement/86560448/
Weinstein said Magbanua and Charles Adelson dated. She worked in the family’s Fort Lauderdale dental office after they broke up.

There was plenty of opportunity for KM to interact with all of the A family.

Seems to me that whether or not CA paying for KM's boob job is incriminating depends a lot on the precise timing, which we don't seem to have a good handle on. If they were in a personal relationship at the time of the payment, the fact that he paid for her surgery doesn't prove much; he can easily explain it away as a gift to his girlfriend. However, if the payment came after they broke up, it would be much more suspicious. Who would pay for an ex's plastic surgery unless there were some ulterior motive?

Also, keep in mind that KM didn't just date CA; she also worked in the dental office where CA and both of his (and WA's) parents worked:

There was plenty of opportunity for KM to interact with all of the A family.

ttp://www.wctv.tv/content/news/Pros...390758422.html
Prosecutors told the judge Friday they believe Charles Adelson paid for Magbanua to get a breast augmentation in October 2014. That's about three months after Markel's murder.

rbbm.

Just listened to a few minutes of the recorded phone call. I was shocked that KM's English was so poor. His was very good.

Immediately it was clear to me that KM would not be a girl accepted by mommy to be a permanent member of the family. There was/is much more to KM working in the family dental office other than being CA's girlfriend. This was part of the plan, I am sure. Was she being paid under the table which paid for the other half of the implants? Is this how the money was slipped to her for payment to Garcia and Riveria?

Eagerly awaiting more arrests. There has to be a tie-in to the Addelsons.

After listening to the recorded phone call myself, it seems evident they care for each other very much, and are still in a relationship. I can hear luv and caring in the voices. Did KM volunteer him for this? Was it a true relationship KM had with CA?

After listening to the recorded phone call myself, it seems evident they care for each other very much, and are still in a relationship. I can hear luv and caring in the voices. Did KM volunteer him for this? Was it a true relationship KM had with CA?
rbbm

Maybe they were not in a romantic relationship at all, but it would explain all those calls.
imo, speculation.

Wow, well it's interesting that's what you hear. And I am not at all attacking your perception, but mine was that she was disinterested and bored talking to him. I had earlier she seemed not be even paying attention, distracted, biding her time.

Above the Law seems to be backing off its stance as an unfiltered conduit for the As' defense team. Today's post acknowledges that -- assuming Garcia and Rivera killed DM -- the As have a lot of explaining to do:

http://abovethelaw.com/2016/08/the-...know-who-paid-for-these-breast-implants/?rf=1

But as lawyers, law students, and watchers of Law and Order well know, a case can rest entirely upon circumstantial rather than direct evidence. The challenge faced by Markus and his colleagues is explaining who did order the murder of Dan Markel if not Charlie Adelson, especially given the connections between Adelson, Katherine Magbanua, and Sigfredo Garcia.
If Charlie or any other member of the Adelson family were to be charged with and tried for Dan Markel’s murder, it would certainly be possible for a defense lawyer to put the state to its proof, emphasize the presumption of innocence ad nauseam, and argue that someone shouldn’t be convicted of a grave crime for what might just be a (massive) coincidence.
But that’s not as easy as it sounds. At the end of the day, jurors are just like us: they want answers, and they want justice.

personally..... I dont see them in the same circles except maybe SG was a party drug connect of CA and his friends... and it is a distict possibility that he "hooked up" w KM but I don't think he would date her.

After reading everyone's comments here, it has finally dawned on me that there was never a romantic relationship between KM and CA. (maybe you all know that already). CA isn't going to see anyone who doesn't already have......an augmented or naturally, nice bosom.

And who paid the other half of this augmentation? Mumsy?

No, this was part of the payment....deal. And Garcia was probably overjoyed and felt this was a great way to be paid for his part in the demise of DM. (I wonder what Rivera got. Maybe that's why he's talking.) JMO

I wonder if CA and KM and SG ran with some of the same people and in some of the same circles?

Maybe KM is the true diabolical
person in this sad tale. (Other than the A's of course).

But, if so, why hang with Garcia unless you're afraid of his family and the Latin Kings. She has to know her fate is pretty much sealed.

I thought it extremely pathetic
(and this was playing to the listening ears) when over the phone she asked Garcia if he'd read the Bible she had given to him in jail.

Please. That was an obvious, awful touch.

Just listened to a few minutes of the recorded phone call. I was shocked that KM's English was so poor. His was very good.

Immediately it was clear to me that KM would not be a girl accepted by mommy to be a permanent member of the family. There was/is much more to KM working in the family dental office other than being CA's girlfriend. This was part of the plan, I am sure. Was she being paid under the table which paid for the other half of the implants? Is this how the money was slipped to her for payment to Garcia and Riveria?

Eagerly awaiting more arrests. There has to be a tie-in to the Addelsons.

Is there a phone call available between CA & KM ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper