GUILTY FL - Dan Markel, 41, FSU law professor, Tallahassee, 18 July 2014 - #3 *Arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wish the good news would hurry up and happen! [emoji39] My guess is plea but seems to be taking forever for the other shoe to drop!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

“We understand why the government has put the Adelson family through this type of severe scrutiny. But nothing has turned up that supports this fanciful fiction that the Adelsons were involved. The investigation has gone so deep that it employed FBI agents, undercover agents, and a tip line. There is a reason that the police have not arrested any of the Adelsons — they weren’t involved in Dan’s death.”
http://www.nationaljurist.com/content/despite-arrests-questions-remain-professor-murder-Casey
Also, the article states there are "wild speculations" by the public around this case. I beg to differ that anyone suspecting that the A family may have had a hand in "hiring" 2 known hit-men is deemed "wild speculation." This is just IMHO

https://www.bop.gov/mobile/find_inmate/byname.jsp#inmate_results

According to the federal Bureau of Prisons, the only 33 year old Luis Rivera who wasn't already previously released years ago is currently listed as "not in BOP custody." The Democrat says he was released on Wednesday, August 10th and scheduled to return to Coleman Federal Correctional Complex in Central Florida. It's now August 12th. So where might he be now?

If he's not listed as being in BOP custody, that suggests he may be in Jefferson County, as the docket seems to say.

They could be moving Rivera around just to get the Adelson's in an uproar so they do something stupid.

They could be moving Rivera around just to get the Adelson's in an uproar so they do something stupid.
or to keep him from getting whacked.....

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk

I once stayed in a off-the-beaten-track area of Hawaii and picked up a strange vibe. Then I heard it has the highest density of people in the witness protection program in the US. I'm sure there are other spots, like in Panama, Guam, etc. Maybe they're offered plastic surgery after the trial.

I once stayed in a off-the-beaten-track area of Hawaii and picked up a strange vibe. Then I heard it has the highest density of people in the witness protection program in the US. I'm sure there are other spots, like in Panama, Guam, etc. Maybe they're offered plastic surgery after the trial.
Fascinating!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Do you swear to tell the tooth, the whole tooth?

http://www.newyorker.com/humor/daily-shouts/you-are-now-under-witness-protection
You Are Now Under Witness Protection
By Colin Nissan , August 20, 2013
rbbm.
Filling out the paperwork to enter the program is merely the first step on the path to anonymity. The next “costuming” phase is critical and, dare we say, liberating. While we take every precaution to relocate you to a part of the country where someone is least likely to recognize and murder you, we can’t take any chances. Believe us, when you’re at the supermarket and bump into an organized-crime member who’s hunting you down, you’ll be very happy you’re wearing your Kareem Abdul-Jabbar disguise.

Under no circumstances are you allowed to return to the town where you once lived or to contact anyone from your past life. You may think there’s no harm in sending a quick smiley-face text to an old friend, until a few hours later when there’s a frowny-faced knife in your stomach. Witnesses who’ve had the same dentist for their whole lives often can’t bear to start all over again, so they make the mistake of booking an appointment for a cleaning under their new name, and hey, who’s the new hygienist with the goatee? Bang, you’re dead.

I wish the good news would hurry up and happen! [emoji39] My guess is plea but seems to be taking forever for the other shoe to drop!

don't fret brudda

One of the docs I noticed in the Garcia's court file was an objection by an attorney representing KM to the state's subpeona for medical records from her surgeon, Dr. Leonard Roudner. Looked him up and he is a plastic surgeon who specializes in (you guessed it) breast augmentation. So the state thinks CA paid for KM's *advertiser censored*? That couldn't have been the only payment... Either way, obtaining medical records for a non-party is a tall hurdle to the clear for the state.

One of the docs I noticed in the Garcia's court file was an objection by an attorney representing KM to the state's subpeona for medical records from her surgeon, Dr. Leonard Roudner. Looked him up and he is a plastic surgeon who specializes in (you guessed it) breast augmentation. So the state thinks CA paid for KM's *advertiser censored*? That couldn't have been the only payment... Either way, obtaining medical records for a non-party is a tall hurdle to the clear for the state.

Not sure if payments for med records are the same way but who pays an attorneys fees is not privileged.

Not sure if payments for med records are the same way but who pays an attorneys fees is not privileged.

Nice - I don't know the law on that but I hope you're right. Of course, I'm sure they'll try to pass it off as just being a friendly gesture exchanged as part of their casual acquaintance.

Sounds like the premise for a good novel ;)

What a **** show!
Accused Markel killer remains in jail for now

http://www.tallahassee.com/story/ne...used-markel-killer-remains-jail-now/88862508/
"Garcia’s new lawyer, Mauricio Padilla of Miami, told Hankinson he was under the impression he was in court to schedule the hearing. But Hankinson suggested he ask Judge Lewis."“He was the one that said I’ll hear further testimony and you never asked him to hear it,” Hankinson said. “I don’t know what he’ll say. He may say it’s now my case and he’s out of it. Don’t tell him he’s supposed to do it — that’s up to him. It’s just funny to me that nobody ever followed up and did what he agreed to let you do.”

What a **** show!

http://www.tallahassee.com/story/ne...used-markel-killer-remains-jail-now/88862508/
"Garcia’s new lawyer, Mauricio Padilla of Miami, told Hankinson he was under the impression he was in court to schedule the hearing. But Hankinson suggested he ask Judge Lewis."“He was the one that said I’ll hear further testimony and you never asked him to hear it,” Hankinson said. “I don’t know what he’ll say. He may say it’s now my case and he’s out of it. Don’t tell him he’s supposed to do it — that’s up to him. It’s just funny to me that nobody ever followed up and did what he agreed to let you do.”

Just a reminder you can use private browsing or "incognito mode" to get around the Democrat trying to charge you $12/mo to read their crappy website. you can also clear cookies and browsing data for it to work again.

What a **** show!

Garcia might do better with an attorney from the Tallahassee area. What is occurring now happens when you play outside your own neighborhood. I wonder if he was ever offered
a plea? He's on his 3rd or 4th attorney.

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk

http://www.wctv.tv/content/news/Suspect-in-Markel-murder-seeking-bond-again--390372401.html
"The highest burden known is the one that they have to show at a bond hearing," defense attorney Mauricio Padilla said. "That's something we're looking forward to hearing and being able to subpoena our own witnesses to be able to show they're not going to be able to meet that standard."

The judge has not yet made a decision on the so-called Arthur hearing and prosecutors say they'll fight any bond request.
Garcia will be back in court September 7th.

Two new updates to Rivera's docket. Does this mean he is talking and they are bringing in an expert to make sure his testimony is sound? If so, this is huge. A's must be shaking in their boots at this.

Yesterday there was a Notice of Deposition and an order granting a mental health expert.

Two new updates to Rivera's docket. Does this mean he is talking and they are bringing in an expert to make sure his testimony is sound? If so, this is huge. A's must be shaking in their boots at this.

Yesterday there was a Notice of Deposition and an order granting a mental health expert.

Is a psych evaluation a typical or required part of the process when someone makes a deal in exchange for testimony? Or just any deal, to determine that he is competent to make a plea? It could also be that he is planning to raise a mental disorder defense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper