GUILTY FL - Dan Markel, 41, FSU law professor, Tallahassee, 18 July 2014 - #3 *Arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Forgive my ignorance, but who is Jonathan Adler?

I don't want to put it up here because I believe it's not kosher with the rules to discuss things about folks not directly associated with the case, but if you google his name, it will give you the answer.

There are some recent notations in the docket for Rivera's case that, if I'm reading this correctly (and I may not be), appear to indicate that he was moved to the jail in Jefferson County (just east of Leon County (Tallahassee)), and then back to Leon. Rivera's attorney Charles Collins is based in Monticello, in Jefferson County. Anyone know what Rivera's apparent move may mean?

attachment.php

Attachments

• Capture.jpg
    Capture.jpg
    13.3 KB · Views: 283
There are some recent notations in the docket for Rivera's case that, if I'm reading this correctly (and I may not be), appear to indicate that he was moved to the jail in Jefferson County (just east of Leon County (Tallahassee)), and then back to Leon. Rivera's attorney Charles Collins is based in Monticello, in Jefferson County. Anyone know what Rivera's apparent move may mean?

attachment.php

Good info. Hope someone with a legal background will chime in on this. Rivera's whereabouts and "goings on" are such a mystery right now. He invoked his right to remain silent (http://www.wctv.tv/content/news/2nd...r-booked-into-Leon-County-Jail-384849001.html). I don't believe we have info as to if Riveria has pleaded guilty or not guilty or had[FONT=Helvetica, Arial, Times new roman] a bond set or not. It just went straight to setting his trial date and his attorney's comment about it being a "unique case" (http://www.wctv.tv/content/news/Tri...er-suspect-could-be-set-Monday-388814872.html). [/FONT]
[FONT=Helvetica, Arial, Times new roman]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Helvetica, Arial, Times new roman]Not sure what this may infer as to the probability that his is talking to LE now. Grand Jury did not meet on August 4th as planned. Anyone have thoughts on this and what we can infer from it? [/FONT]

I don't want to get too excited - but sometimes they move defendants into a different jail from their co-defendant when they will be testifying against them. To keep them protected.

I don't want to get too excited - but sometimes they move defendants into a different jail from their co-defendant when they will be testifying against them. To keep them protected.

Yes, that's exactly what I was thinking.... Or, some additional arrests with some new inmates arriving?

Interesting that a judge signed a warrant to search WA's phone and computer records a few days after Dan's murder. I'm assuming LE searched WA's home (not just her work) computer and that WA was aware of the warrant. That obviously would have been a strong sign about the direction of LE's investigation.

Some had wondered earlier how SG and/ or LR, would pay lawyer's bills..
http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/ct-chicago-gang-takedown-met-20160726-story.html
DePodesta said one of the most disturbing aspects about the gang was the dues members were forced to pay — money earmarked for criminal defense attorneys and sometimes even funeral expenses.

"In what other organization is it just part of doing business to set aside funds for the funerals of your members?" she said. "It's chilling."

What could be going on?
Luis Rivera, one of two men facing murder charges in the death of Dan Markel, has been transferred from the Leon County Jail.

Rivera, who appeared in Thursday’s jail booking report, was released at 3:27 p.m. Wednesday, according to court records. The Leon County Sheriff's Office confirmed Rivera was released to another jurisdiction.

His whereabouts are unclear, but release information says he was scheduled to return to Coleman Federal Correctional Complex in Central Florida.

His Monticello-based attorney Chuck Collins declined to discuss the 33-year-old’s release. Prosecutors have not returned phone calls for comment

It's odd that the Democrat article doesn't mention anything about Jefferson County, given the reference to that jurisdiction in the docket entry.

FTA: "Evidence linking the family has not been publically disclosed."

This is a big deal, and so is the fact that the Democrat always makes a point to mention that 'more arrests are expected' in every article they publish on this case. The Democrat folks have consistently had the inside line on the details; and my close FL State Attorney source confirms that, too. If you read my post a page or two ago, I believe the SA & LE have damning 'A Family' evidence that doesn't
specifically mention or involve Luis & Sig by name, and this is why it has not been made available to the public + the defense yet. Personally I feel this is a brilliant tactic as the A family has been very, very careful. I'm also even more confident now that such explicit evidence exists in the hands of SA/LE due to the fact that it has been revealed they investigated the family in the immediate wake of the crime.

The bomb will drop... but when....

FTA: "Evidence linking the family has not been publically disclosed."

I think it would have been more accurate for the Democrat to have written: "Not all of the evidence linking the family has been publicly disclosed." There has certainly been some evidence released that suggests a "link" between the As and DM's murder. Most notably, Garcia's ex-GF/mother of his children dated CA and worked with CA and both his parents. Also, there appears to be strong evidence of motive, stemming from the acrimonious divorce. This evidence does not, standing alone, prove the As' involvement with the crime, and I don't believe we've seen any evidence indicating who among WA, CA, DA, or HA may have had personal involvement. But the evidence released so far certainly makes it reasonable to ask: Why else except for the benefit of the As would Garcia and Rivera have traveled 500 miles from Miami to Tallahassee to do this deed (assuming those two are, in fact, guilty)?

That said, I suspect tallyeng is right; the prosecutors likely do have much more evidence about the As that has not been publicly released.

Yea I agree on all fronts - but I'm specifically referring to the A family conspiring to the crime and discussing the details among themselves.

Yea I agree on all fronts - but I'm specifically referring to the A family conspiring to the crime and discussing the details among themselves.

Hi Tally! Hopefully soon. Ugh.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So I can't seem to find the entry about him moving to Jefferson County on the clerk of court's docket? Could they have removed that because it's confidential? If his whereabouts are confidential, that gives me even more hope for my theory that he will be flipping soon and they are putting him in protective custody. On vinelink.com, a pretty good resource for locating inmates, it says he was transferred to an "unknown agency."

LE and the SA have been careful and kept things very quiet for years. It was a cold, vicious killing. They are intent on getting this right.

Sorry about my earlier reply - I was looking at Garcia's docket. I found the Jefferson County entries.

I believe Rivera is a state witness now. I don't have any inside info - I just have a really strong feeling based on what we're seeing here.

https://www.bop.gov/mobile/find_inmate/byname.jsp#inmate_results

According to the federal Bureau of Prisons, the only 33 year old Luis Rivera who wasn't already previously released years ago is currently listed as "not in BOP custody." The Democrat says he was released on Wednesday, August 10th and scheduled to return to Coleman Federal Correctional Complex in Central Florida. It's now August 12th. So where might he be now?

It's obvious something is happening, or is about to. With some information being kept under wraps, coupled with my limited knowledge of the legal system and procedures I'm not yet sure what's going down, but the suspense is driving me batty. Thanks to everyone providing updates. Maybe it's just wishful thinking, but I have a feeling we may hear some 'good news' in the near future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kzrrz