GUILTY FL - Dan Markel, 41, FSU law professor, Tallahassee, 18 July 2014 - #4 *Arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Regarding the bond hearing for her on Friday.....I'm sure she'd really like to be home with her children for Christmas. Would granting a reasonable bond be part of a plea deal maybe?

That is not possible unless she pleads to prison and is granted bond pending sentencing. That is a VERY unlikely scenario as she would presumably be a flight risk. I've really only ever seen judges grant bond pending a prison sentence when the person is terminally ill or something. If she makes a plea deal, she will almost certainly stay in jail until she either goes to prison or (and I certainly hope not) is put on probation/community control.

i thought these two points were interesting -

1. So we’re looking at a trial in late February — unless Magbanua changes her mind and reaches an agreement with the government before then. One source of ours in Florida thinks it’s possible, especially if Friday doesn’t go well for her: “After she gets denied bond, the dominoes fall.”

i liked this - "After she gets denied bond, the dominoes fall."

2. If this were a made-for-TV movie — which it is not — one could imagine the following plot. Two co-defendants, a husband and wife who have two children together, maintain their silence about a crime to the end — even if it means spending the rest of their lives behind bars. Why? Because someone — maybe someone who also helps out with their legal fees — has made special financial arrangements for their kids, perhaps through secret offshore accounts. So staying silent would represent two parents making the ultimate sacrifice for their children.

i know this was a fictional hypothetical but i really doubt that a mother and/or father are going to risk and possibly accept life in prison or the death penalty and stay silent to protect alleged mastermind(s) in exchange for promised financial compensation for their children (and payment of their legal fees). any movie script with this plot would be rejected because it's nonsensical. IMO SG and KM will do anything they can to try to see freedom again someday.

maybe it was HER idea... lol

I had the same reaction. Also, if you are going to obtain financing for a breast enhancement from a man you're sleeping with, please insist on 100%. Baffles me that it was negotiated.

I wouldn't trust the A's to follow through on any promise to their kids....

i thought these two points were interesting -

1. So we’re looking at a trial in late February — unless Magbanua changes her mind and reaches an agreement with the government before then. One source of ours in Florida thinks it’s possible, especially if Friday doesn’t go well for her: “After she gets denied bond, the dominoes fall.”

i liked this - "After she gets denied bond, the dominoes fall."

2. If this were a made-for-TV movie — which it is not — one could imagine the following plot. Two co-defendants, a husband and wife who have two children together, maintain their silence about a crime to the end — even if it means spending the rest of their lives behind bars. Why? Because someone — maybe someone who also helps out with their legal fees — has made special financial arrangements for their kids, perhaps through secret offshore accounts. So staying silent would represent two parents making the ultimate sacrifice for their children.

i know this was a fictional hypothetical but i really doubt that a mother and/or father are going to risk and possibly accept life in prison or the death penalty and stay silent to protect alleged mastermind(s) in exchange for promised financial compensation for their children (and payment of their legal fees). any movie script with this plot would be rejected because it's nonsensical. IMO SG and KM will do anything they can to try to see freedom again someday.

LOL ! She ain't getting out, plea or no plea. Plus her life would be in danger from CA. DanMarkel's kids have done without him for years.

LOL ! She ain't getting out, plea or no plea. Plus her life would be in danger from CA. DanMarkel's kids have done without him for years.

Charlie is not touching her or her kids imo.

He is not hitman smart at all. Plus I doubt any other hitmen would go near him now. Jmo

The only way KM will not give him up is if he set aside a nice trust fund for her kids or something.

But we also cant forget that Garcia has information on the Adelsons involvement as well.

So it really depends on how much Charlie is willing to put aside or how much KM wants to simply get out of jail.

I was listening of the KM hearing and the agent went over the undercover agent's actions. Evidence of guilt would be when the agent gave DA the note suggesting he might go to the police, an innocent person would have told the agent to please go to the police if you have evidence. The fact that DA and CA went into damage control and CA met with KM indicates they all were scared. And when CA told KM that she would have to kill the agent or he would have someone do it, that is damaging evidence against KM, CA and DA !

The feed went dead.

Same here for a while, but went back up again and just now court taking a lunch break.
Last intriguing questions concerned whether or not WA was with the kids in the area as alleged by LR..iirc.

What's happened to Garcia's trial date? Last report I could find said the hearing to set a date had been postponed until Dec. 6.

It's seems like a stand off - KM and SG each waiting to see what the other one will do.

I think KM doesn't want to betray SG.

No way, people would much rather watch a movie where the parents take responsibilty for murdering a man by doing serious time, and ensure the rich family behind it all go down with them.

http://www.wctv.tv/content/news/Wom...ssors-murder-pleads-not-guilty-405017175.html
By: Julie Montanaro
December 9, 2016 1 p.m

Investigator Isom admits that Rivera was wrong about the timing of a traffic citation.

"He was wrong about a lot of things, wasn't he?" the defense attorney asked.

DeCoste then started pointing out inconsistencies in Rivera's story including that he hasn't been able provide the correct phone number for Katherine Magbanua even though he told them he knew "Katie's number by heart," and flip-flopping when asked who rented the car the men used to visit Tallahassee the month before the murder.

DeCoste is also questioning Isom about Rivera's statement that he saw Wendi Adelson and her children before noon the day before the murder.
DeCoste presented Isom with records from the children's day care which indicate the children were there from 8:30 a.m until 4:45 p.m. so Rivera was wrong about that too, DeCoste said.

What's happened to Garcia's trial date? Last report I could find said the hearing to set a date had been postponed until Dec. 6.

It's seems like a stand off - KM and SG each waiting to see what the other one will do.

I think KM doesn't want to betray SG.

i don't think KM cares about anyone but herself at this point (except for maybe her kids - which are essentially an extension of herself). she will sell everyone out when the time and the offer is right IMO. i'd be very, very nervous if i was one of the alleged masterminds right now.

memories aren't perfect - especially after 2+ years. rhetorical question - how much minutiae can you remember from 2+ years ago?

Wondering if it was a defense ploy to attempt to confuse the LE witness, through rapid-fire questioning and by jumping back and forth with a jumble of numbers and pages, his questions seemingly asked all at once?
Was it coordinated to coincide with a call for a break, when people might be most fatigued, especially the the line of questioning regarding LR's truthfulness regarding the WA sighting?
speculation, imo.

Updated: Dec 9, 2016 - 2:23 PM
http://www.wftv.com/news/florida/florida-woman-charged-in-killing-seeks-release-from-jail/474680902
TALLAHASSEE, Fla. (AP) - Attorneys for a South Florida woman accused of playing a pivotal role in the killing of a university law professor are trying to convince a judge to release Katherine Magbanua from jail ahead of her trial.
Magbanua wants to be released on bond, but prosecutors say they are fearful that she will flee the country if let out of jail.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member