GUILTY FL - Dan Markel, 41, FSU Law Professor, Tallahassee, 18 July 2014 - #6 *arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This cross of lead detective by KM's attorney is annoying, but effective on some issues. Prosecutors are going to point to large cash deposits in KM's account. KM's attorney just got in that KM was employed at nightclubs in 2014, likely received cash, and that investigators never looked into it. It may establish doubt that cash deposits came from CA or DA.

Blaise L Gainey‏ @BlaiseGainey 21s22 seconds ago
Attorney Cappelman: "The month Dan Markel died Katherine Magbanua deposited significantly more cash than any other month?"
Isom: "That is correct."

Jada E. Williams‏ @JadaEWilliams 2m2 minutes ago
The defense has thrown out at least 10 objections in the last 5 minutes. Every single one was overruled. #MarkelMurderTrialWTXL @abc27

Jada E. Williams‏ @JadaEWilliams 2m2 minutes ago
\2 more. Judge Hankinson asked to go side bar. He didn't sound all too pleased about it either. #MarkelMurderTrialWTXL @abc27

Karl Etters‏Verified account @KarlEtters 1m1 minute ago
DeCoste asked Isom about this drawing done in crayon by Luis Rivera of the bridge where the murder weapon, never recovered, was thrown off "A man who got seven years for his involvement in a murder, this is what he draws for you?"

EFfgSLAWkAE-PdQ.jpg

Karl Etters‏Verified account @KarlEtters 19s20 seconds ago
It's a testy afternoon in court. Defense attorneys are getting riled up during questioning of the TPD investigator who developed the murder-for-hire theory. There's objections flying right and left. Hankinson interupts: "Ya'll settle down!"

Blaise L Gainey‏ @BlaiseGainey 1m1 minute ago
The Lexus bought by Magbanua is apparently $1,700 dollars according to her attorney. Isom says he thinks it could be worth more and adds that he has never seen a document listing the amount of the car.

Blaise L Gainey‏ @BlaiseGainey 2m2 minutes ago
Also says he has no information that Magbanua was working for the Adelson's and also doesn't know if she ever made an appearance at the Adelson's practice. Isom says he never got any verification from Magbanua and says he never saw tax documentation or a description of her job.

Jada E. Williams‏ @JadaEWilliams 1m1 minute ago
Investigator Isom said he requested a copy of her employment file from the Adelson Institute. He never got it. No application, no tax documentation, no duty descriptions. #MarkelMurderTrialWTXL @abc27

Blaise L Gainey‏ @BlaiseGainey 6m6 minutes ago
Isom says he rode with Rivera and other officials along the route that was taken to Dan Markel's house.

Karl Etters‏Verified account @KarlEtters 45s46 seconds ago
And a calm quiet settles over the courtroom

Last edited:
Good points being made by the prosecutor as a follow-up.

1) Did she pay taxes on that windfall that she got a significant amount on at the time of the murder?

2) Her phone was being tapped at the time she supposedly was hired as a communication person for the Edison dental office. Did you verify any contact with patients?

3) did you request a copy of her employment file from the dental office, and did you receive it?

Last edited:
LOL at law enforcement requesting the Adelson Institute provide a copy of KM employment file but they did not provide it. But I’m sure she was doing patient communications for those paychecks Donna Adelson was signing over

Witnesses who are questioned over a long period of time... What if they have to have a wee break?!? I mean, what if their mouth is dry from answering all the questions and they've been drinking cups and cups of water. Must be embarrassing to ask the judge for permission.

Surely, I can't be the only one thinking about this during such droning questioning, riiiighht?! :D:oops::rolleyes:

Not impressed that Invesigator Isom doesn’t have answers to a lot of these questions. What’s he been doing for the last 5 years?

Not impressed that Invesigator Isom doesn’t have answers to a lot of these questions. What’s he been doing for the last 5 years?

I differ as I thought he was a good retired detective. He had to make sure his words weren't being confused so he thought out each question.

I don't recall him mentioning the date of his retirement, or what he has been doing since retirement.

ETA when I retired, I did ctrl-alt-delete on my memory of anything associated with the workplace LOL

Witnesses who are questioned over a long period of time... What if they have to have a wee break?!? I mean, what if their mouth is dry from answering all the questions and they've been drinking cups and cups of water. Must be embarrassing to ask the judge for permission.

Surely, I can't be the only one thinking about this during such droning questioning, riiiighht?! :D:oops::rolleyes:

Never came into my mind....
animated-smileys-laughing-010.gif
but a valid thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads