GUILTY FL - Dan Markel, 41, FSU Law Professor, Tallahassee, 18 July 2014 - #6 *arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jada E. Williams‏ @JadaEWilliams 1h1 hour ago
We're now watching surveillance video from the Premiere Fitness parking lot. #MarkelMurderTrialWTXL @abc27

Julie Montanaro WCTV‏Verified account @JulieMontanaroW 1h1 hour ago
Surveillance video from Premiere gym on big screen showing Markel’s car pulling in and the suspect Prius pulling in within seconds @WCTV
EFedlLlX4AAd-hp.jpg

Karl Etters‏Verified account @KarlEtters 1h1 hour ago
Isom is also reviewing footage for the jurors from Premier Gym and StarMetro buses that show the Prius driven by the suspects tailing Markel

Dan Markel dropped his children off at daycare, went to the work out at Premiere Health Fitness, then went home. He was shot before he could even turn his car off. #MarkelMurderTrialWTXL @abc27

Within seconds after Markel parked his car at the gym, we see the Prius pull into the gym parking lot. The shooter was driving a Prius. Garcia and his attorney are discussing something as we watch this video. #MarkelMurderTrialWTXL @abc27

We see very clear video of Dan Markel entering the gym. As he's in the gym, that Prius continues to circle the gym parking lot. #MarkelMurderTrialWTXL @abc27

I heard sniffles and deep breaths from the Markel famiy after watching the video of him at the gym while the Prius waits in the parking lot. #MarkelMurderTrialWTXL @abc27

Surveillance video shows Markel walking out of the gym, driving away at 10:38 a.m. only to have suspect Prius follow within seconds @WCTV

StarMetro surveillance video shows the Prius making a left from Thomasville Road onto Betton Road just before the murder, and another clip showing the Prius driving the opposite direction on Thomasville Road minutes later @WCTV

WTXL ABC 27‏Verified account @abc27 1h1 hour ago
MARKEL TRIAL UPDATE: While looking at security footage, the video clearly shows at least two people are in the vehicle sitting in the front seats. #MarkelMurderTrialWTXL

The lead investigator says the Prius was only 10 seconds behind Markel's Honda. It would eventually catch up to Markel at a stop light. That's according to the bus video. #MarkelMurderTrialWTXL @abc27

What are the odds that a city bus is behind both cars in traffic for a good portion of the drive. Essentially from the gym to Betton Road. Remember that Markel lived just off of Betton Road. Then ANOTHER bus catches footage that the first bus doesn't get. #MarkelMurderTrialWTXL

The lead investigator says the passenger in the Prius appears very animated and excited while in the car. #MarkelMurderTrialWTXL @abc27

Karl Etters‏Verified account @KarlEtters 32m32 minutes ago
The defense has made probably north of 20 objections this morning ranging from hearsay to leading, I think only two have been sustained

Karl Etters‏Verified account @KarlEtters 28m28 minutes ago
And about three more just sustained for hearsay

Jada E. Williams‏ @JadaEWilliams 29m29 minutes ago
Craig Isom is back on the stand. He was the lead investigator on the case. He's discussing how he traced the Prius to Miami. #MarkelMurderTrialWTXL @abc27

Karl Etters‏Verified account @KarlEtters 27m27 minutes ago
Isom tracked the toll booth transponder back to a Miami rental car agency where investigators discovered a rental agreement signed by Luis Rivera. Garcia's signature is on it too

Karl Etters‏Verified account @KarlEtters 24m24 minutes ago
2m Isom tracked the toll booth transponder back to a Miami rental car agency where investigators discovered a rental agreement signed by Luis Rivera. Garcia's phone number with the name "brother" is on it too

Jada E. Williams‏ @JadaEWilliams 26m26 minutes ago
Documents show Luis Rivera rented a Prius right before the murder happened. Same Prius was documented going through a toll in Broward county. #MarkelMurderTrialWTXL @abc27

Julie Montanaro WCTV‏Verified account @JulieMontanaroW 22m22 minutes ago
TPD tracked Prius to rental car company in Miami, Luis Rivera used his own name on paperwork @WCTV

Jada E. Williams‏ @JadaEWilliams 14m14 minutes ago
There was a phone number and the word Brother listed at the top of the rental agreement. Lead Investigators traced that number back to Tuto Dade's Facebook page. #MarkelMurderTrialWTXL @abc27

Jada E. Williams‏ @JadaEWilliams 8m8 minutes ago
The registered email for the "Tuto Dade" Facebook page brought back a Sigfredo Garcia email address. The profile picture shows a man that the lead investigator identified as Sigfredo Garcia. #MarkelMurderTrialWTXL @abc27

WTXL ABC 27‏Verified account @abc27 3m3 minutes ago
MARKEL TRIAL UPDATE: Craig Isom, the lead investigator for the murder of Dan Markel, is still at the witness stand. Garcia's attorney is continuing to ask him questions about all of the security footage shown earlier. It is being shown once again. #MarkelMurderTrialWTXL

Jada E. Williams‏ @JadaEWilliams 2m2 minutes ago
Might be hard to make out, but this is a copy of the car rental agreement. Luis Rivera’s name is on the list. Car due back on the 17th of July and paid for in cash. #MarkelMurderTrialWTXL @abc27

EFe49HEWsAIGycw.jpg

LUNCH

Last edited:
YESorNO, thank you for all your work putting these updates up, it is very helpful.

Is Garcia's attorney, as part of advancing Rivera as the shooter, claiming that Garcia wasn't even in the car during the incident? Wasn't there ATM/bank surveillance footage showing both guys in the car (Garcia driving)?

Also I just watched the neighbor testimony from yesterday and I was so shocked at how the 911 call was handled. I know there was a lawsuit/settlement there but it doesn't seem to be enough to be honest. Then when the police officer who was the first at the scene testified that he WASN'T EVEN DISPATCHED but decided to drive over after hearing the dispatch and FINISHING UP SOME PAPERWORK and he was STILL the first responder to the scene? Awful. I know Dan's injuries were probably not survivable but if I was a citizen of Tallahassee I would be hoping the 911 system cleaned up its act over the past 5 years. It's like the nightmare scenario where you call 911 and they won't help.

YESorNO, thank you for all your work putting these updates up, it is very helpful.

Is Garcia's attorney, as part of advancing Rivera as the shooter, claiming that Garcia wasn't even in the car during the incident? Wasn't there ATM/bank surveillance footage showing both guys in the car (Garcia driving)?

Also I just watched the neighbor testimony from yesterday and I was so shocked at how the 911 call was handled. I know there was a lawsuit/settlement there but it doesn't seem to be enough to be honest. Then when the police officer who was the first at the scene testified that he WASN'T EVEN DISPATCHED but decided to drive over after hearing the dispatch and FINISHING UP SOME PAPERWORK and he was STILL the first responder to the scene? Awful. I know Dan's injuries were probably not survivable but if I was a citizen of Tallahassee I would be hoping the 911 system cleaned up its act over the past 5 years. It's like the nightmare scenario where you call 911 and they won't help.

Agree. The 911 operator sounded super distracted, disinterested, and like he was responding to a call for a possible broken wrist!

Thank you!

Should be interesting. I am just learning that she hung up on the investigator and that her parents wouldn’t speak to LE. Unbelievable!!

Yep, isn't that something? Hung up on police....just like you do when the father of your little kids (who had just dropped them off at preschool that morning) is shot in cold blood in his garage and you have NOTHING to do with it ....

IMO Wendy knew all along what was going to happen to Dan. I don’t believe she is innocent at all. There’s a chance she thought her brother was joking about looking into a hitman, but bought her a tv instead - but then you have her boyfriend say to LE that she was dead serious when mentioning it to him and even threw out a dollar amount. Then it’s a very weird coincidence about the choice of whiskey she bought that morning (for a celebration that evening), and also that her mother was the one who arranged for the tv repair man to be at her house during the time of the murder. So strange — the tv that was bought by Charlie for her as a divorce present instead of a hitman being hired by Charlie. Also - When she was interviewed by LE immediately after Dan was slain - she nodded her head slightly “yes” when LE told her Dan had been shot - like she already knew. It was ever so slight — but she nodded yes.

Jada E. Williams‏ @JadaEWilliams 18m18 minutes ago
We're back at it. Saam Zangeneh is continuing her cross examination of Lead Investigator Craig Isom. #MarkelMurderTrialWTXL @abc27

Jada E. Williams‏ @JadaEWilliams 10m10 minutes ago
Zangeneh is asking Isom about phone calls now. He's trying to see what the investigator did and who they noticed had communication with one another. #MarkelMurderTrialWTXL @abc27

Jada E. Williams‏ @JadaEWilliams 4m4 minutes ago
The investigator found one instance of interaction between Harvey Adelson and Sigfredo Garcia. That was July 1, 2014. #MarkelMurderTrialWTXL @abc27

Jada E. Williams‏ @JadaEWilliams 3m3 minutes ago
Zangeneh wants to know if there's a way to determine if the call was placed to the Adelson dentist office, then forwarded to Harvey Adelson's cell phone. #MarkelMurderTrialWTXL @abc27

I wonder if the prosecution overplayed their hand with the insurance money question. They alleged there's a possible motive because of the 2 million dollar life insurance policy. But that life insurance policy would have gone to the children and it is unlikely Wendi would see any of that?

IMO Wendy knew all along what was going to happen to Dan. I don’t believe she is innocent at all. There’s a chance she thought her brother was joking about looking into a hitman, but bought her a tv instead - but then you have her boyfriend say to LE that she was dead serious when mentioning it to him and even threw out a dollar amount. Then it’s a very weird coincidence about the choice of whiskey she bought that morning (for a celebration that evening), and also that her mother was the one who arranged for the tv repair man to be at her house during the time of the murder. So strange — the tv that was bought by Charlie for her as a divorce present instead of a hitman being hired by Charlie. Also - When she was interviewed by LE immediately after Dan was slain - she nodded her head slightly “yes” when LE told her Dan had been shot - like she already knew. It was ever so slight — but she nodded yes.

I don't know if any of the video of her police questioning will be played in court. But watching it the main description that comes to my mind is "nervous exhilaration".

MOO: She knew. Otherwise wouldn't she have been worried that her kids might somehow get caught up in it---they were with Dan just that morning! I think she helped choreograph it all but I think her family was very careful with how they communicated with her about it. A lot may have been unspoken, code, things that were conveyed to her and understood wordlessly.

I think her tears may be real but reasonably could be for the fact that this will be hard for her kids, and she'll have to tell them their daddy died, that would probably be tough even if it is what she wanted. But I think she is too clever by half with the stuff she says about Charlie, the TV set, the hitman jokes. And I guess to some extent her approach paid off for her, because some people do say, why would she have said those things if she knew how on-point they were? On the other hand, they've all gotten away with it up to the present...

I wonder if the prosecution overplayed their hand with the insurance money question. They alleged there's a possible motive because of the 2 million dollar life insurance policy. But that life insurance policy would have gone to the children and it is unlikely Wendi would see any of that?
I think not the main motive but a nice side effect to have millions of dollars for the kids' futures, plus no Dan to deal with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NysesPieces