GUILTY FL - Dan Markel, 41, FSU Law Professor, Tallahassee, 18 July 2014 - #6 *arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jada E. Williams‏ @JadaEWilliams 12m12 minutes ago
Now Chris DeCoste (representing Katherine Magbanua) is cross examining the Lead Investigator. #MarkelMurderTrialWTXL @abc27

Jada E. Williams‏ @JadaEWilliams 4m4 minutes ago
DeCoste has brought out boards and magnets. He's has pictures of all of the players in this case. Judge called a side bar before he got very far. #MarkelMurderTrialWTXL @abc27

Jada E. Williams‏ @JadaEWilliams 2m2 minutes ago
So they're putting the pictures on an oval. DeCoste's plan is to make a link from Markel to the people accused of killing him. #MarkelMurderTrialWTXL @abc27

Jada E. Williams‏ @JadaEWilliams 6m6 minutes ago
DeCoste is pressing Investigator Isom about how TPD made the connection that Magbanua was a conduit between the Adelson's and Garcia and Rivera. #MarkelMurderTrialWTXL @abc27

Jada E. Williams‏ @JadaEWilliams 3m3 minutes ago
DeCoste is now asking questions about the conversation that the lead investigator had with Luis Rivera. One was recorded and one wasn't. DeCoste wants to know why the first conversation wasn't recorded. #MarkelMurderTrialWTXL @abc27

Isom says nothing changed their theories. Yet another side bar has been called. #MarkelMurderTrialWTXL @abc27

IMO Wendy knew all along what was going to happen to Dan. I don’t believe she is innocent at all. There’s a chance she thought her brother was joking about looking into a hitman, but bought her a tv instead - but then you have her boyfriend say to LE that she was dead serious when mentioning it to him and even threw out a dollar amount. Then it’s a very weird coincidence about the choice of whiskey she bought that morning (for a celebration that evening), and also that her mother was the one who arranged for the tv repair man to be at her house during the time of the murder. So strange — the tv that was bought by Charlie for her as a divorce present instead of a hitman being hired by Charlie. Also - When she was interviewed by LE immediately after Dan was slain - she nodded her head slightly “yes” when LE told her Dan had been shot - like she already knew. It was ever so slight — but she nodded yes.

And don't forget when the family was discussing the undercover person who was trying to extort them, they said they might need to get another TV.

YESorNO, thank you for all your work putting these updates up, it is very helpful.

Is Garcia's attorney, as part of advancing Rivera as the shooter, claiming that Garcia wasn't even in the car during the incident? Wasn't there ATM/bank surveillance footage showing both guys in the car (Garcia driving)?

Also I just watched the neighbor testimony from yesterday and I was so shocked at how the 911 call was handled. I know there was a lawsuit/settlement there but it doesn't seem to be enough to be honest. Then when the police officer who was the first at the scene testified that he WASN'T EVEN DISPATCHED but decided to drive over after hearing the dispatch and FINISHING UP SOME PAPERWORK and he was STILL the first responder to the scene? Awful. I know Dan's injuries were probably not survivable but if I was a citizen of Tallahassee I would be hoping the 911 system cleaned up its act over the past 5 years. It's like the nightmare scenario where you call 911 and they won't help.
Yes, Garcia's attorney claimed in his opening that Garcia wasn't there at time of murder. That Garcia only went to Tallahassee for drug deal. Agree IMO 911 operator was horrible. Can't believe how the neighbor kept his cool dealing w/the 911 guy. JMO.

Jada E. Williams‏ @JadaEWilliams 11m11 minutes ago
He's now discussing the number of law enforcement officers with Investigator Isom when he drove down to South Florida to arrest Katherine Magbanua. #MarkelMurderTrialWTXL @abc27

Jada E. Williams‏ @JadaEWilliams 9m9 minutes ago
DeCoste says Magbanua was arrested with guns drawn and so scared that she peed herself. #MarkelMurderTrialWTXL @abc27

DeCoste says Magbanua bought an old beat up Lexus for $1,700. He's saying the investigator withheld that information because it didn't fit his theory. #MarkelMurderTrialWTXL @abc27

DeCoste is saying that the investigator never took a picture of the Lexus. Again, he's saying that the Investigator made it seem like more than it was by only referring to it as a Lexus. #MarkelMurderTrialWTXL @abc27

DeCoste is saying that the investigator never took a picture of the Lexus. Again, he's saying that the Investigator made it seem like more than it was by only referring to it as a Lexus. #MarkelMurderTrialWTXL @abc27

Karl Etters‏Verified account @KarlEtters 1m1 minute ago
Magbanua's attorney Chris DeCoste is impeaching retired TPD Inv. Craig Isom's development of the theory that she was the go between of the killers and and Markel's in-laws

Last edited:
Can’t edit my earlier post now, but I was wrong about saying the ATM bank in south FL surveillance photo taken a few hours after the shooting shows Garcia is driving. It shows Rivera driving wearing a black shirt and Garcia is the passenger in a white shirt. The photo is on a Tallahassee.com story posted today.

I had to laugh when the defense attorney pointed out that during those five minutes that the two were not seen at the health club, they could have been doing a drug deal. Pffft

Yeah, they went all the way up to Tallahassee and followed Markel around and just happen to know and do a drug deal at his health club at the exact time he was working out. And then followed him to his house after the drug deal. I don't think anybody's going to buy that one and it was ridiculous for him to even mention it. Over-reaching!

DeCoste continues to allege that Investigator Isom had a theory and he worked to find ways to justify that theory. Isom says that's not what happened. #MarkelMurderTrialWTXL @abc27

Jada E. Williams‏ @JadaEWilliams 1m1 minute ago
Investigator Isom says he never talked to the owner of the nightclub where Magbanua worked to verify her employment status. "Isn't this willful ignorance to not go and investigate it?" That's how DeCoste responded. #MarkelMurderTrialWTXL @abc27

Juan Marcus Vegas brought up by defense atty to witness, he said he doesn't recall the name.

Anyone here familiar with that name in the case?

Blaise L Gainey‏ @BlaiseGainey 5m5 minutes ago
Isom says he learned through reports that Magbanua was working at night clubs but never saw any actual information that showed she worked at any of these places. He also never contacted the establishments to see if she had been working there.

Now we're talking about Magbanua's employment with the Adelson family. #MarkelMurderTrialWTXL

Blaise L Gainey‏ @BlaiseGainey 4m4 minutes ago
Katherine Magbanua made several large deposits. Her Attorney Chris DeCoste states the places she worked at gave out cash tips and she possibly could have been depositing money from those jobs, not money given to her for involvement in the alleged murder-for-hire.

DeCoste says Magbanua's job was patient communication. DeCoste is asking him why he never interviewed any patients. #MarkelMurderTrialWTXL @abc27

Blaise L Gainey‏ @BlaiseGainey 1m1 minute ago
Now, Isom is being asked about his attempts to find a murder weapon. He made attempts to find the murder weapon, he even asked Rivera for it. Rivera gave him a place to search, but it didn't lead to them finding the weapon. Decoste says Rivera could've planned it that way.

Now we're seeing what Luis Rivera drew depicting where the murder weapon is. #MarkelMurderTrialWTXL @abc27

Does anyone remember a document or site that published a flurry of texts and phone calls between Jessica Rodriguez and Katherine Magbanua after the murder? I know I read them somewhere but for the life of me can't find anything about them now. If anyone could point me in the right direction I'd be most appreciative.

~E

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member