GUILTY FL - Dan Markel, 41, FSU Law Professor, Tallahassee, 18 July 2014 - #7 *arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jada E. Williams‏ @JadaEWilliams 5m5 minutes ago
Detective Isom says Wendi Adelson said she did drive up to the crime scene tape when he interviewed her the day of the murder. #MarkelMurderTrialWTXL @abc27

If she was at the crime tape, she would have seen all the cars at the front of her house

I don't think Isom said that the Adelson Institute did not issue W-2s for KM.

I thought Isom said that there were no records in the state's financial department - social security, taxes etc from the Adelson Institute. My thought is that if there's a w-2 then those taxes would be there.

ETA: Oh wait never mind he was talking about the clubs. My bad!

Last edited:
Karl Etters‏Verified account @KarlEtters 13m13 minutes ago
First after lunch we're hearing from an undercover FBI agent who sat next to Magbanua and Charlie Adelson at Dolche Vida in MIami

Jada E. Williams‏ @JadaEWilliams 13m13 minutes ago
We have a Special Agent with the FBI who was undercover at the Dolce Vita restaurant during a Charlie Adelson and Katherine Magbanua meeting. #MarkelMurderTrialWTXL @abc27

Julie Montanaro WCTV‏Verified account @JulieMontanaroW 11m11 minutes ago
Undercover FBI agent on the stand testifying about a secret video recording of Magbanua and Charlie Adelson meeting at Dolce Vita restaurant @WCTV

Jada E. Williams‏ @JadaEWilliams 12m12 minutes ago
We're watching a video of that interaction now. #MarkelMurderTrialWTXL @abc27

Karl Etters‏Verified account @KarlEtters 12m12 minutes ago
The video is warped, the audio is terrible. The state can only play portions that can be heard which was about 25 seconds

Man is this just crushingly disappointing. Had the tech not failed, I suspect this meeting would have contained smoking-gun-level revelations. But it is what it is. For those who were able to watch this part of the trial, was anything salvageable? Did the audio that was recorded reveal anything incriminating? Thanks in advance for any info.

Man is this just crushingly disappointing. Had the tech not failed, I suspect this meeting would have contained smoking-gun-level revelations. But it is what it is. For those who were able to watch this part of the trial, was anything salvageable? Did the audio that was recorded reveal anything incriminating? Thanks in advance for any info.

Yes, this was the recording where CA told KM that she needed to kill the person who handed DA the note, and if she wouldn't do it, he would. Something like that.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong!

There is no explanation for where KM could've possibly earned all this money. State has proven that this was payment from CA (all the employees of the Adelson's have testified that she was never there at the job and there's no employment records for her) and it's clear what it was for. If the jury can't put the pieces together and realize she's guilty then.....

Why cannot the State attorneys and prosecution witnesses find a suitable argument to quiet the DeCoste? Is it because he is "right" (he uses this work a lot) or is it because the State attorneys and prosecution witnesses have too much mansuetude? It seems that DeCoste is a skilled sleuth.
JMO but these are usual tactics with a defense attorney - not always to the same degree and with the same tone though.

Jada E. Williams‏ @JadaEWilliams 9m9 minutes ago
The state is starting off with Magbanua's income tax filings. #MarkelMurderTrialWTXL @abc27

Jada E. Williams‏ @JadaEWilliams 7m7 minutes ago
Magbanua put the Adelson Institute on her tax return, but none of the bars she worked for. #MarkelMurderTrialWTXL @abc27

Jada E. Williams‏ @JadaEWilliams 4m4 minutes ago
In 2013- tax filings show a job at Sofi Dental and a job with no name given that only brought in $773 for the year. Sofi Dental and the Adelson Institute in 2014. Broward Dermatology and the Adelson Institute in 2015. #MarkelMurderTrialWTXL @abc27

Jada E. Williams‏ @JadaEWilliams 1m1 minute ago
$2,800 in cash deposits 2013, $46,820 in cash deposits in 2014, and $26, 480 in 2015 for Katherine Magbanua. #MarkelMurderTrialWTXL @abc27

Yes, according to the judge, it contained a "tacit admission". Personally, I could hear nothing in the audio.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3