GUILTY FL - Dan Markel, 41, FSU Law Professor, Tallahassee, 18 July 2014 - #7 *arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Judge denies acquittal for both defendants.

Sergeant Downing will be first witness for the defense. I believe they said Downing is currently being deposed.

The gang expert will NOT be called.

A "Mr. Sewicki" will be the defense's second witness.

Yes, this was the recording where CA told KM that she needed to kill the person who handed DA the note, and if she wouldn't do it, he would. Something like that.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong!

That sounds right to me; was at least that part of the recording audible? Doesn't directly relate to the allegations in this case but is damning about the propensity of CA and KM to engage in murder conspiracies.

That sounds right to me; was at least that part of the recording audible? Doesn't directly relate to the allegations in this case but is damning about the propensity of CA and KM to engage in murder conspiracies.

I think it was only "audible" after it was listened to 100 times. The transcription from that meeting was not allowed in (in place of the recording).

Since I was watching football this weekend, I was thinking of that piece of equipment they use on the sidelines that looks like a satellite that they can point it right at the quarterback and hear his calls with the crowd going wild and loud.

LOL but a little too big for the table next to them at the restaurant I guess.

I can't tell if Zangeneh and DaCoste are creeps in real life or if they're just desperate and flailing because they have no viable defense. I hope they're decent good men in real life and not as creepy as they seem.

About Garcia being the only one in the car. Didn’t he indicate that on the citation? I may be confused.

He didn't write "zero" on a paper form. The reports are digital, and the passenger field defaults to zero/none if the officer doesn't fill in that field at all, and it is not required to fill in that field in order to submit the report. He testified officers often just skip over that field, so it defaults to zero/none.

About Garcia being the only one in the car. Didn’t he indicate that on the citation? I may be confused.

Yes, that was covered in the testimony. That box is an automatic default that the person who pulled him over did not have to check. They have to change that to yes as to # of passengers only if it is a commercial vehicle that has over 16 passengers. It was a non-issue in my opinion

Yes, that was covered in the testimony. That box is an automatic default that the person who pulled him over did not have to check. They have to change that to yes as to # of passengers only if it is a commercial vehicle that has over 16 passengers. It was a non-issue in my opinion

BBM

A big nothing burger, but they were hoping!!

I think where the defense is probably heading with this testimony, is it Rivera had an AT&T phone that the night before the murder from 7:43 p.m. to 12:23 a.m. it showed a whole bunch of phone events, but not phone calls.

Last edited:
Thanks for clearing that up for me!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member