GUILTY FL - Dan Markel, 41, FSU Law Professor, Tallahassee, 18 July 2014 - #7 *arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The main thing that sticks in my mind is his testimony about confronting her over cheating -- that she admitted it but then seemed to deny it and the awkward drive back to Tally after he confronted her. IIRC Wendi portrayed it as she was offended that he accused her of cheating and so broke off the relationship. It was similar to her claiming the Markels tried to take away her children when apparently all they did was ask the DA about foster care if she was arrested. JMO.

June 29th was the day that they drove back from Gainesville. That was the Sunday drive back. My notes say that he she blurted it out re hitman on the 13th of July. Perhaps there is a need to go back and read listen to the testimony?

This woman is so out of breath! Is she pregnant? Poor thing.

I just watched J Lacasse. Doesn't seem that, at least for a brief moment, WA may have considered making him the fall guy?
Who tells anyone who they're dating, just don't call me for a week?
Such a definite time period.
This is such a cautionary note to all single men: beware who you meet; looks and personality are simply a veneer.
Dan, Jeff, and Travis A. all ran into sweet, innocent, and sympathetic buzzsaws.

I just watched J Lacasse. Doesn't seem that, at least for a brief moment, WA may have considered making him the fall guy?
This is such a cautionary note to all single men: beware who you meet; looks and personality are simply a veneer.
Dan, Jeff, and Travis A. all ran into sweet, innocent, and sympathetic buzzsaws.
Who is Travis A.?

100% this. If Lacasse didn't have an airtight alibi I'm sure the Adelsons would have sought to frame him, plus that would create an opportunity for the defense to sow seeds of doubt. Regardless, it creates more evidence that WA was more in the know than many commenters seem to want to acknowledge.

I just watched J Lacasse. Doesn't seem that, at least for a brief moment, WA may have considered making him th

Yep... It ran through my mind also... he was being set-up as the fall guy.

'Seems only two things were important to the A's... Getting rid of DM and preventing LE from following the trail back to them... At all costs.

When do the Trial Day videos get posted to YT?

I agree 200% ! I had always wondered before if WA tried to set up JL as the fall guy, but after the testimony of both WA and JL - I’m convinced!

I thought JL did great on the stand. He busted WA on so many things - even small things. Remember when Wendi testified she didn’t know what kind of cars CA had? And that she had no idea if he owned a Ferrari? JL busted her on that one too! JL was much more credible than WA, and I hope the jury saw it that way also.

I’ve been in New Orleans for a few days so I missed yesterday and most of today ‘s testimony and am catching up. Thanks so much for all the updates!

Karl Etters‏Verified account @KarlEtters 3h3 hours ago
After all that. A full day of testimony with Luis Rivera. It's over. Only one jury question leads me to believe that he did more to confuse jurors

Karl Etters‏Verified account @KarlEtters 59m59 minutes ago
The question was whether he’d ever seen a photo of Wendi Adelson
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jada E. Williams‏ @JadaEWilliams 3h3 hours ago
We now have an employee of Dan Markel's children's preschool on the stand. #MarkelMurderTrialWTXL @abc27

Jada E. Williams‏ @JadaEWilliams 3h3 hours ago
He says he remembers seeing the Prius after Markel dropped his children off. #MarkelMurderTrialWTXL @abc27

Jada E. Williams‏ @JadaEWilliams 2h2 hours ago
Shodrick Nobles is on the stand now. He's the one who met with Rivera and Garcia on their trips to Tallahassee. #MarkelMurderTrialWTXL @abc27

Blaise L Gainey‏ @BlaiseGainey 2h2 hours ago
Shodrick Nobles is now on the stand. He's the guy who sold Garcia cocaine when they were in Tallahassee and also took them to Auto Zone to fix the green Prius after Garcia shot a whole in the floor of the car, destroying the fuel line.

Nobles says Garcia was the one who wanted to buy cocaine from him. #MarkelMurderTrialWTXL @abc27

He says he got them a motel and that's when they got the cocaine. But he didn't use and says he just remembers seeing "the taller one" using, that's Garcia (6'1). Luis Rivera is 5'4.

Nobles says they bought about $40 worth of cocaine. Garcia invited him into the motel where Rivera was also inside. #MarkelMurderTrialWTXL @abc27

Nobles was asked by Saam Zangeneh if he sold drugs he says, "No." He says he "went and got it for them." Says he didn't know Luis Rivera or Sigfredo Garcia until then.

Nobles: "You tryna paint me as a drug dealer but you can't, I'm not."

Nobles said he hung out with them while Garcia did cocaine. He said Rivera was trying to figure out why Nobles was in the hotel room. #MarkelMurderTrialWTXL @abc27

Nobles says they were talking about car trouble and trying to get a woman to come get a car. #MarkelMurderTrialWTXL @abc27

Nobles says about a month later, they called them asking for help. He says Garcia flagged him down on North Monroe Street asking for car assistance. #MarkelMurderTrialWTXL @abc27

Nobles says he didn't know what was wrong with the car. Garcia asked for a ride to the auto part store, so he gave them a ride. He says they both went inside and he stayed in his car. #MarkelMurderTrialWTXL @abc27

Nobles says he got them a motel room in his name. He says he didn't ask why, but he took a picture of the tag of the car because he wasn't very sure of them. #MarkelMurderTrialWTXL @abc27

Karl Etters‏Verified account @KarlEtters 41m41 minutes ago
Court is done for the day. See you in the morning. ASA Georgia Cappleman said she hopes to be done with her case by midday Monday

Karl Etters‏Verified account @KarlEtters 40m40 minutes ago
Both defense teams say they need half a day to present their cases with the caveat that it could be longer if their clients take the stand

Jeff immediately got the picture— in his first police interview he laid out what happened quite accurately.

I was surprised to hear how serious the relationship was it sounded like she was lining him up as husband number two.

Yeah basically I would like Jeff to write a book on this case.

Boy, was I ever on the wrong side of the fence on Wendy's innocence. She had me fooled. I do think she will eventually get an Academy award nomination for her murder day police interview performance. I was really snookered. I now think that she could be the REAL mastermind and actually drew Charlie and Mom in the plot. They all must be sweating bullets. Hopefully, the Martels kept the phone number of Child Protective.

I was on the fence about WA. So many things just set “wrong” with me even before her testimony. Her police interview didn’t seem genuine. I would have expected her to ask about the safety of her children immediately (or maybe she did before the tape began and knew they were ok). Another thing - her crying seemed fake, and she even shook her head yes when LE told her Dan had been shot. I would love for a body language expert to weigh in on this. Also, she is still very close to her family - and very much with CA, her shady brother who joked about hiring the hit on Dan. That’s so bizarre to me - why wouldn’t she want to distance herself if she wasn’t involved somehow? If you watch her initial interview again now (especially after seeing and hearing her testimony) you might wonder why you believed her to be innocent. This woman is up to her eyeballs in the murder plot, and may even be the one who came up with the plan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1