GUILTY FL - Dan Markel, 41, FSU Law Professor, Tallahassee, 18 July 2014 - #8 *arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
1. the ATM pic and bus video (immediately following the murder) clearly shows that LR was the driver and SG was the shooter. the trigger man is never the wheel man (get away driver). regardless of who pulled the trigger, they both are principals. if i'm a juror, i can hang my hat on the ATM pic, bus video, and cell records alone.
2. the money spike, code talk, and no-show job sink KM for me. if i'm a juror, i can hang my hat on those 3 pieces alone.

BBM. Even when she said she was CA's "personal assistant" (which was the first anyone had heard that) she herself basically said she sucked at it! "Well, I looked at patient files, but didn't call any of them..." "I was going to collect rent for him, but it was too hard so I didn't...." "I was going to clean up the dental office, but maybe went once and didn't really do anything...." (paraphrasing)

She was paid an awful lot of money for being a crappy personal assistant!

Last edited:
Can you be a principal to premeditation if you don't premeditate it yourself?

I DO NOT like this question! Is the jury thinking that LR was the shooter and SG just went along for the ride thinking they were going to commit a robbery? If so, this could be good news for KM because that would imply LR conspired directly with the alleged masterminds - which seems implausible given the evidence and absence of evidence!

Last edited:
1. the ATM pic and bus video (immediately following the murder) clearly shows that LR was the driver and SG was the shooter. the trigger man is never the wheel man (get away driver). regardless of who pulled the trigger, they both are principals. if i'm a juror, i can hang my hat on the ATM pic, bus video, and cell records alone.
2. the money spike, code talk, and no-show job sink KM for me. if i'm a juror, i can hang my hat on those 3 pieces alone.
Well said. I also think people tend to forget that LR, who was there and has admitted his culpability, directly and specifically testified as to all the elements of 1st degree murder on the part of KM and SG. His testimony, IMHO, is the most powerful evidence in the case and would be sufficient standing alone to support conviction of both.

I DO NOT like this question! Is the jury thinking that LR was the shooter and SG just went a long for the ride thinking they were going to commit a robbery? If so, this could be good news for KM because that would imply LR conspired directly with the alleged masterminds - which seems implausible given the evidence and absence of evidence!
I am not concerned over this question. It sounds like the jurors are down in the weeds trying to agree upon what the legal elements of each crime are. This is actually quite typical of jurors who wish to fulfill their duty and, as laypersons, are wrestling with legal concepts unfamiliar to them. Also, don't lose sight of the fact that the judge's instructions provide pathways to conviction independently. We don't know how the jury is interpreting the facts with respect to conspiracy, for instance. I have faith that this jury will come to the correct decision.

I am not concerned over this question. It sounds like the jurors are down in the weeds trying to agree upon what the legal elements of each crime are. This is actually quite typical of jurors who wish to fulfill their duty and, as laypersons, are wrestling with legal concepts unfamiliar to them. Also, don't lose sight of the fact that the judge's instructions provide pathways to conviction independently. We don't know how the jury is interpreting the facts with respect to conspiracy, for instance. I have faith that this jury will come to the correct decision.

I hope you are right!

Kind of weird seeing everyone smiling making pleasantries as the defendants get 'buckled' up.
Maybe SG should not have worn the white t and shirt under the jacket, reminds me of the shooter in the car..
Did i imagine that KM is wearing an engagement/wedding band?
speculation, imo.

Kind of weird seeing everyone smiling making pleasantries as the defendants get 'buckled' up.
Maybe SG should not have worn the white t and shirt under the jacket, reminds me of the shooter in the car..
Did i imagine that KM is wearing an engagement/wedding band?
speculation, imo.

I saw a band on her left ring finger, and her left middle finger the other day.

Maybe they both got out of the car in the driveway.

1. the bus video was captured minutes after the shooting.
2. KM's huge money spike implicates SG. if LR conspired directly with the alleged masterminds, KM would not have collected $30K+. KM solicited SG.
3. if LR was hired by the alleged masterminds, why not flip on them directly?

it goes on and on...

1. the bus video was captured minutes after the shooting.
2. KM's huge money spike implicates SG. if LR conspired directly with the alleged masterminds, KM would not have collected $30K+. KM solicited SG.
3. if LR was hired by the alleged masterminds, why not flip on them directly?

it goes on and on...

BBM. Exactly. It's his best friend. Unless SG had done something to REALLY make him mad, he would not do that.

Did anyone catch GC saying yesterday in closing re JU's testimony something like, Bless her heart...it was like pulling teeth....She may be is in love with Charlie again

Maybe Charlie proposed to prevent her testifying against him? LOL

KM's attorneys already snookered her into testifying under oath that there was no conspiracy with CA. this effectively inoculates CA from any future testimony against him from KM. KM has screwed herself if she gets convicted - no more deals to be had. someone in Miami is pulling the strings of this defense - and KM is the sacrificial lamb. dirty lawyering, IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yesaccasey