GUILTY FL - Dan Markel, 41, FSU Law Professor, Tallahassee, 18 July 2014 - #8 *arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
BBM. Exactly. It's his best friend. Unless SG had done something to REALLY make him mad, he would not do that.
Agree.. And I believe LR that SG was the shooter and rode passenger, and also that's what the bus video a couple of minutes after the shooting shows. The neighbor hears the loud bang and the Prius hastily backs out and takes off--I believe only SG got out of the car and jumped back in after shooting -- he was agitated about something on the bus video a few moments later moving frenetically and LR said he was hiding the gun, makes sense.

As GC pointed out they did this in broad daylight in Betton Hills.... Neighbors like the next door guy alert and about... Plus they knew DM was on his phone for all they knew he could have said "Call 911 there's a suspicious light green Prius in my driveway!" He didn't quite say that but the guy on the phone with him did call 911. For all the hitmen knew the police could have been on their tail moments later....

The defense balked that the alleged masterminds would ever pay KM for a murder with written payroll checks. Of course they would! It camouflages some of the payments as legitimate income!!! "We'll just put you on the payroll to make it look legit!"

Cathy Russon‏ @cathyrusson 1h1 hour ago
#MarkelMurder - Deliberations resume this morning in the trial of FL v. Sigfredo Garcia and Katherine Magbanua. They are charged with the murder of FSU law professor Dan Markel. The jury deliberated approx. 4 1/2 hours yesterday. https://lawandcrime.com/live-trials/live-trials-current/dan-markel/watch-live-murder-trial-in-shooting-death-of-fsu-law-professor-dan-markel/ …

Vicki Bradley‏Verified account @VickiMarie31 1h1 hour ago
Vicki Bradley Retweeted WTXL ABC 27
Tonight @JadaEWilliams will be part of @ABC2020 coverage of the FSU professor’s murder. A must watch for anyone following this case.

---WTXL ABC 27‏Verified account @abc27 2h2 hours ago
WHO KILLED DAN MARKEL? As the jury deliberates to answer that very question, @ABC2020 is taking a deep dive into the case. Tune into @abc27 tonight at 9 p.m. to watch the full story: http://bit.ly/2pXqtF0

(video clip: WTXL ABC 27 on Twitter )

BBM. Even when she said she was CA's "personal assistant" (which was the first anyone had heard that) she herself basically said she sucked at it! "Well, I looked at patient files, but didn't call any of them..." "I was going to collect rent for him, but it was too hard so I didn't...." "I was going to clean up the dental office, but maybe went once and didn't really do anything...." (paraphrasing)

She was paid an awful lot of money for being a crappy personal assistant!
GC made the good point in closing that KM lawyers did all this talk about her work at home for the Adelson Institute and then on the stand KM was like nah I didn't do anything for them really.......lol. She was CAs personal assistant all right!

IMO the testimony of her friend, YVM was very key. She was undisputed a very close friend. She seemed like a straightforward woman. She knew nothing about any work for CA or the Adelson Institute! She also demolished the bottle girl defense for the timing and amount of cash deposits IMO.

Jada E. Williams‏ @JadaEWilliams 1h1 hour ago
It's 8:49 and it looks like there's already a jury question. They were scheduled to resume deliberation at 8:45. #MarkelMurderTrialWTXL

Jada E. Williams‏ @JadaEWilliams 1h1 hour ago
Can you be a principal to premeditation, if you don't premeditate it yourself? #MarkelMurderTrialWTXL @abc27

Jada E. Williams‏ @JadaEWilliams 42m42 minutes ago
Jurors started deliberating this morning around 8. Anyway, here is Hankinson's answer to the question" "You're asking me to apply facts to the law. I can't do that." #MarkelMurderTrialWTXL

Karl Etters‏Verified account @KarlEtters 53m53 minutes ago
Here’s the actual jury instruction for principals

EGmXNBHW4AAcUo9.jpg

Karl Etters‏Verified account @KarlEtters 43m43 minutes ago
Hankinson: "I cannot answer hypothetical questions. I can only answer legal questions."

Jury question

Can you be a principal to premeditation, if you don't premeditate it yourself?

Judges Answer.

"Yours again you are asking me to apply the facts to the law.

on pages 2 and 3 I have defined first degree premeditated murder. On Pages 5 and 6 I have defined principal. On pages 6 and 7 I have defined independent act.

if you're confused by those definitions please let me help clear up your confusion however I cannot answer hypothetical questions I can only answer legal questions."

ETA added jury question

Moo I wish he had just said yes! We've heard many times that the law is if somebody is killed during another activity and they were with the person, they are charged as if they did it. Even if they did not plan on it happening. We have seen this again and again and so many cases.

Last edited:
Judges Answer.

"Yours again you are asking me to apply the facts to the law.

on pages 2 and 3 I have defined first degree premeditated murder. On Pages 5 and 6 I have defined principal. On pages 6 and 7 I have defined independent act.

if you're confused by those definitions please let me help clear up your confusion however I cannot answer hypothetical questions I can only answer legal questions."

Lol, what was the exact question?

Can you be a principal to premeditation if you don't premeditate it yourself?

Can you be a principal to premeditation if you don't premeditate it yourself?

Thank you! I edited my post to include that, and made some other comments for that, including I wish he would just said yes! I thought it was common Layman knowledge that if you did a felony, and you are with somebody who murdered somebody during that felony, that you would be just as guilty for the murder. Perhaps the jury is confused because there was no other felony than the murder? Is that what their confusion is because that's the only thing I can think of.

Thank you! I edited my post to include that, and made some other comments for that, including I wish he would just said yes! I thought it was common Layman knowledge that if you did a felony, and you are with somebody who murdered somebody during that felony, that you would be just as guilty for the murder. Perhaps the jury is confused because there was no other felony than the murder? Is that what their confusion is because that's the only thing I can think of.
Since felony murder isn't a charge in this case I don't think their question is geared towards that. I have no explanation for why they would ask this question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yesaccasey