GUILTY FL - Dan Markel, 41, FSU Law Professor, Tallahassee, 18 July 2014 - #8 *arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Praying for Justice for Dan and his family!!

I’m trying not to obsess about what the jury is thinking as it will do me no good and cause anxiety while we wait for the verdict. I admit - I’m already anxious and my mind has been thinking about this case and ALL of the people involved who came together to make Dan’s death happen. The Adelson family name is smeared - even if they are never charged - this trial and all the media surrounding it has really damaged them and they will always be living under a cloud of suspicion, and most people won’t want to be associated with them. Their lives will be miserable wondering everyday if the State is going to arrest them. I know we all want them charged and convicted, but it may not ever happen. Especially now that KM has not flipped and doesn’t appear that she will ever flip. Her testimony also damaged her credibility if she ever did decide to flip the state can’t usr her. SG never took the stand. Maybe he will tell the truth one day —-but I doubt that as well. My local news has plaster this case nightly since the trial started (I’m in North Florida) and I can imagine it’s also BIG news in Miami. The testimony REALLY damaged CA, DA and WA and they will never be able to escape the evidence. I can imagine the Adelson Institute losing many more patients and perhaps drying up.

I know I’m rambling here - I’m nervous. I want justice so badly for Dan and his family. I want the Markels to be able to see their grandchildren. It just won’t be right if no one is convicted for Dan’s death when it’s SO OBVIOUS who organized the hit and who carried it out.

Last edited:
Like everyone else I'm completely confused by the jury's 3rd question. Someone in the YouTube chat speculated that maybe they want to go easy on SG. They feel like this was KM and CA's premeditation and SG was just the hired gun. That he didn't cook up the plan with them. They cooked it up. I guess I could see that perspective. Because state has suggested that SG didn't know CA was behind it. But even if he didn't know he conspired with KM to do it for the money. He went with LR to scout and then did it himself. So he's a principal. What he knew and didn't know doesn't really matter. He was in on the plan to kill DM no matter how you look at it.
This makes sense. It's odd, even thought it certainly seems like SG was the triggerman, I have sympathy for him. Seems like he was drinking and on drugs to make himself go through with it. JMO.

Praying for Justive for Dan and his family!!

I’m trying not to obsess about what the jury is thinking as it will do me no good and cause anxiety while we wait for the verdict. I admit - I’m already anxious and my mind has been thinking about this case and ALL of the people involved who came together to make Dan’s death happen. The Adelson family name is smeared - even if they are never charged - this trial and all the media surrounding it has really damaged them and they will always be living under a cloud of suspicion, and most people won’t want to be associated with them. Their lives will be miserable wondering everyday if the State is going to arrest them. I know we all want them charged and convicted, but it may not ever happen. Especially now that KM has not flipped and doesn’t appear that she will ever flip. Her testimony also damaged her credibility if she ever did decide to flip the state can’t usr her. SG never took the stand. Maybe he will tell the truth one day —-but I doubt that as well. My local news has plaster this case nightly since the trial started (I’m in North Florida) and I can imagine it’s also BIG news in Miami. The testimony REALLY damaged CA, DA and WA and they will never be able to escape the evidence. I can imagine the Adelson Institute losing many more patients and perhaps drying up.

I know I’m rambling here - I’m nervous. I want justice so badly for Dan and his family. I want the Markels to be able to see their grandchildren. It just won’t be right if no one is convicted for Dan’s death when it’s SO OBVIOUS who organized the hit and who carried it out.
I agree! I am just not sure that the Adelson’s will be arrested and yes their reputations are in tatters but they are wealthy and that does cushion them to some extent IMO. I will be gutted if all the guilty Adelson’s are not charged.

Julie Montanaro WCTV‏Verified account @JulieMontanaroW 14m14 minutes ago
This is one way to pass the time when you’re waiting for a verdict, we’ll see how long the scarf gets @WCTV

EGmwR6UXUAArk59.jpg

:D

I am so glad GC brought it out that SG may have not known he was doing this for CA. Another poster came e up with that theory a day before and really made me think! Very possible!!

ETA - sorry for typos! I have two tiny kittens climbing on me while typing!

Last edited:
I have sympathy for him as well. Because I think KM totally played him. In.every.way.possible!
Yes, I could see the jury trying to use his "out of his mind" in love with KM to get his "state of mind" about the homicide to some level where he won't get convicted of 1st degree. That would be mind blowing if KM was convicted of 1st degree but he is convicted of something lesser. JMO

To be honest - to me it would be just for KM to get the harsher conviction and punishment in this case. I think between the first and second trip KM bullied SG into committing this crime.

Yes, I could see the jury trying to use his "out of his mind" in love with KM to get his "state of mind" about the homicide to some level where he won't get convicted of 1st degree. That would be mind blowing if KM was convicted of 1st degree but he is convicted of something lesser. JMO
Wouldn’t it? But I’d rather that than the other way around... KM is more culpable than SG in my mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adamapple