GUILTY FL - Dan Markel, 41, FSU Law Professor, Tallahassee, 18 July 2014 - #8 *arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Zangeneh finally makes a good point. Based on previous questions, the jury seems to suggest with their questions that the plan was different than what was committed. Where the heck are they getting that idea from though?

Aaron Keller‏ @AKellerLawCrime 10m10 minutes ago
Replying to @SchreezLife @bexisodes and 3 others
With this many questions about the same topic, I'm of the opinion that the state did not do a clear enough job explaining the concept during closings.

Linda Kenney Baden‏ @KenneyBaden 3m3 minutes ago
Replying to @AKellerLawCrime @cathyrusson and
Yup. They or ONE are confused as to whether the person who arranges the hit for hire is a principal, may also be a problem in the instructions to begin with.

Jada E. Williams‏ @JadaEWilliams 2m2 minutes ago
Judge says they're guessing what the jurors are asking and he doesn't want to do that. He proposes telling them there are no exceptions or exemptions to an individual being a principal act and to clarify the second portion of the question. #MarkelMurderTrialWTXL @abc27

Karl Etters‏Verified account @KarlEtters 2m2 minutes ago
But a second part to the same question is whether principal theory can be applied to ANY crime. Defense is arguing that it must be considered in relation to the indictment. "If one crime was planned then another crime happened are you a principal?" Garcia's attorney said

Jada E. Williams‏ @JadaEWilliams 2m2 minutes ago
other question: If we have a hung jury on one person, can we give a verdict on the other person. a follow up question: If we have a hung jury on a count, can we give a verdict on another count? #MarkelMurderTrialWTXL @abc27

Julie Montanaro WCTV‏Verified account @JulieMontanaroW 2m2 minutes ago
Jury asking what to do if they have a hung jury on one person and not the other, and can decide on one count but not another @WCTV

Jada E. Williams‏ @JadaEWilliams 42s43 seconds ago
judge says answer to the first portion is yes and doesn't need any other info. answer to second is also yes. #MarkelMurderTrialWTXL @abc27

So they could think that there isn't enough evidence beyond a reasonable doubt that Katie was involved pre-murder. The evidence against Katie is post-murder. The money and the wiretaps. Idk. I'm just trying to think where they could be hung up on. But I'm already putting this jury on my s*** list. They had one job to do! Come on. This was easy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bshie