GUILTY FL - Dan Markel, 41, FSU Law Professor, Tallahassee, 18 July 2014 - #8 *arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So they could think that there isn't enough evidence beyond a reasonable doubt that Katie was involved pre-murder. The evidence against Katie is post-murder. The money and the wiretaps. Idk. I'm just trying to think where they could be hung up on. But I'm already putting this jury on my s*** list. They had one job to do! Come on. This was easy!
This is sooo frustrating.

Every time there is a knock on the court door, this song comes to mind!

animated-smileys-laughing-010.gif

They say that in closing argument the prosecution is supposed to explain to the jury how they think a conviction is warranted when the facts are applied to the law. Did GC do this?? Or did she just paint with a broad brush? I didn't hear her whole closing, but sometimes she can be very general. JMO.

They say that in closing argument the prosecution is supposed to explain to the jury how they think a conviction is warranted when the facts are applied to the law. Did GC do this?? Or did she just paint with a broad brush? I didn't hear her whole closing, but sometimes she can be very general. JMO.

Broad brush to me

But still... I honestly don’t get this.

IIRC, the judge hasn't explained to the jury what will happen if no verdict by the end of today... ie will they deliberate over the weekend?

She didn't. This is one of the things her closing was lacking. She rambled on too long about the Adelsons. I understand why she had to tie it all together with them but she needed to rehearse and make that closing tight. She was not organized and clearly not rehearsed. That was a big mistake on such a confusing case with two defendants. She barely tied facts to the law.

eta: you hit the nail on the head. This jury's confusion is GC's fault! No doubt.

Zangeneh finally makes a good point. Based on previous questions, the jury seems to suggest with their questions that the plan was different than what was committed. Where the heck are they getting that idea from though?
I know right ?? They drove almost four hours for a supposed drug deal but ended up in the driveway of the man the Adelsons hated with a passion.

Fwiw.
Just want to say that although C. DeCoste. was abrasive at times, he dressed appropriately, was well-spoken and he and T Kawass seemed to both truly give their all for KM.
imo, speculation.

She didn't. This is one of the things her closing was lacking. She rambled on too long about the Adelsons. I understand why she had to tie it all together with them but she needed to rehearse and make that closing tight. She was not organized and clearly not rehearsed. That was a big mistake on such a confusing case with two defendants. She barely tied facts to the law.

eta: you hit the nail on the head. This jury's confusion is GC's fault! No doubt.

I was PO'd when she said something about not caring how much time she'd have left for rebuttal.

Just need to remind myself because I’ve been so hopeful of 2 murder 1’s that juries are such a gamble. Even if GC explained it the best way she thought someone on the jury could think differently and not have gotten it. UGH!
From personal experience, I was involved in what my family and friends thought was an open and shut case and the charges mostly ended in acquittals. JMO

I was PO'd when she said something about not caring how much time she'd have left for rebuttal.

Yes her whole attitude p me off too. At one point she says, 'I dont' know, I can't remember.' She was cavalier and spent 20 minutes at the beginning reading emails from DA. I was very disappointed in her closing. On such a big case with two defendants. Come on! She needed to come guns blazing and she didn't. I don't know if she was overconfident because of the overwhelming evidence or if she's just not great at public speaking. Either way, you can't assume juries will just get it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobbieJ