GUILTY FL - Dan Markel, 41, FSU Law Professor, Tallahassee, 18 July 2014 - #8 *arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That was pretty awkward and really inexcusable. Moreover, my wife was watching while that was occurring and said she gasped when the post-death image of Dan's face flashed on screen momentarily as she was clicking away.

I believe that was intentional. But the way GC did it was so cavalier I can understand why it seemed unintentional (if that's what your wife thought).

And agree with others that the start of the closing was a disaster.

Brown defendants, brown jury? Could jury selection be a factor here?

Isn't this always the case? After seeing OJ and Sen Menendez waltz, I think is't time for Artificial Intelligence to take over the jury function.

That was pretty awkward and really inexcusable. Moreover, my wife was watching while that was occurring and said she gasped when the post-death image of Dan's face flashed on screen momentarily as she was clicking away.
Guessing/hoping that was contrived, it was a horrible reminder of what was done to that gentle father, imo.

Hi Everyone!
Dying to discuss this trial. Like some of you, I have a hunch that just one juror might be hanging this up. And if ONE juror hangs on Katie, it might be good in terms of getting her to squeal on Charlie. I mean she already threw him under the bus, right?

Imo, yes if the jury generally looked like that. If so, thinking T.Kawass's opening statement about KM's very bad taste in men, might have particularly resonated with the jury (although that might have been something any female jury might keep in mind) jmo, speculation.

Guessing/hoping that was contrived, it was a horrible reminder of what was done to that gentle father, imo.

I think it was a mistake, because later in her closing, I think she put it up there on purpose. We just didn't see it.

I also found her closing very hard to follow...disappointing. But her rebuttal closing was much better.

She didn't. This is one of the things her closing was lacking. She rambled on too long about the Adelsons. I understand why she had to tie it all together with them but she needed to rehearse and make that closing tight. She was not organized and clearly not rehearsed. That was a big mistake on such a confusing case with two defendants. She barely tied facts to the law.

eta: you hit the nail on the head. This jury's confusion is GC's fault! No doubt.

They say that in closing argument the prosecution is supposed to explain to the jury how they think a conviction is warranted when the facts are applied to the law. Did GC do this?? Or did she just paint with a broad brush? I didn't hear her whole closing, but sometimes she can be very general. JMO.
Follow the jury instructions and convict them of first degree murder based on the evidence in front of the you is what I got out of her closing argument.

Hi Everyone!
Dying to discuss this trial. Like some of you, I have a hunch that just one juror might be hanging this up. And if ONE juror hangs on Katie, it might be good in terms of getting her to squeal on Charlie. I mean she already threw him under the bus, right?

Unfortunately, her value as a cooperating witness went down the drain when she testified. She has no credibility if she flips now.

Hi Everyone!
You’ve come to the right place!

GC's closing only stumbled a little due to technical issues, otherwise her demeanor acted as a soothing "yogart" at the end of the day, to a particularly hot curry.
Might be just what the jury hungered for.
Dang, just missed lunch- lol, can you tell?
imo, speculation.

Me too- Charlie, Donna and Wendy are all guilty IMO.

Absolutely. Wendi's testimony was infuriating. Her doe-eyed denials and "the State of Florida isn't going to arrest me" cockiness. I didn't until then, feel confident she was involved but that solidified it for me. At the center of it all. Have you listened to Over my Dead Body? Their other brother was fascinating in it.

I think it was a mistake, because later in her closing, I think she put it up there on purpose. We just didn't see it.
I believe the video operator has been quite careful to keep that imagery from the world but it was unanticipated and, thus, went out on the feed.

Absolutely. Wendi's testimony was infuriating. Her doe-eyed denials and "the State of Florida isn't going to arrest me" cockiness. I didn't until then, feel confident she was involved but that solidified it for me. At the center of it all. Have you listened to Over my Dead Body? Their other brother was fascinating in it.
Agreed!! So many of us said the same thing - that we were on the fence before she testified but she convinced us that she knew prior to the murder that it was going to happen and that she was culpable to assisting it to happen!
Yes - such a great job done on that podcast.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
luisgill