GUILTY FL - Dan Markel, 41, FSU Law Professor, Tallahassee, 18 July 2014 - #8 *arrests*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
When I read this, I first thought that they are going back to CA. They may think CA or DA premediatated it, but KM didn't. Can she still be considered a principal to the premeditation by CA or DA. JMO

And if they just read the jury instruction I posted earlier about that, it is very clear the answer is yes.

I share the general confusion. If you think KM was involved w the planning, how could she not have premeditated the murder? It's not like KM helped plan a kidnapping and then the two guys changed their minds and did a murder. The only thing she stands accused of doing is planning a murder. It's hard for me to see how that is not dictionary-definition, garden-variety, according-to-Hoyle premeditation.

ETA: And the state's theory is not just that she helped facilitate the murder by, for example, providing some aid (giving them a car to use, e.g.). It's that she *actually got the two killers to go and do it*. She's not just a cog in the wheel, she's actually driving the car.

Last edited:
I have really liked reading everyone's responses. But I'm going to quit now as I can't be there in the jury room telling these people what needs to be done. It's going to be what it's going to be.
But, I sure hope the dentist, his load of girlfriends and non girlfriends and boyfriends etc. have been checked for STDs and HIV.

tenor.gif

Good job, Weki. So where does Tara Kawass come in and why?

Thanks. :)

Tara Kawass is co-counsel. She's listed on DaCoste's website as "of counsel", which means she's not his partner. She has her own firm with her sister. But Tara Kawass worked for the public defender's office for 8 years. I think her cross-exams were better organized and she carries herself better in the courtroom imo. But she's not the lead. DaCoste is the lead.

Since felony murder isn't a charge in this case I don't think their question is geared towards that. I have no explanation for why they would ask this question.

Good point! Thank you. That is why I wish I could read the entire charging documents for each one of them and one of the media corporations would put it out there for us to review. Darn it.

I have really liked reading everyone's responses. But I'm going to quit now as I can't be there in the jury room telling these people what needs to be done. It's going to be what it's going to be.
But, I sure hope the dentist, his load of girlfriends and non girlfriends and boyfriends etc. have been checked for STDs and HIV.
True, plus pregnancy tests!
When KM said that as an "employee"of CA she sucked, i believe it!
imo, speculation.

When I read this, I first thought that they are going back to CA. They may think CA or DA premediatated it, but KM didn't. Can she still be considered a principal to the premeditation by CA or DA. JMO
They are all principals and are guilty of premeditation. IMO. The only time the State will waver on it is like when they reduced the charge on LR for his cooperation.
Maybe this will help the jury figure out why CA/DA/WA have not been charged at this time because of those questions. They need another "lynch pin"

Last edited:
Like everyone else I'm completely confused by the jury's 3rd question. Someone in the YouTube chat speculated that maybe they want to go easy on SG. They feel like this was KM and CA's premeditation and SG was just the hired gun. That he didn't cook up the plan with them. They cooked it up. I guess I could see that perspective. Because state has suggested that SG didn't know CA was behind it. But even if he didn't know he conspired with KM to do it for the money. He went with LR to scout and then did it himself. So he's a principal. What he knew and didn't know doesn't really matter. He was in on the plan to kill DM no matter how you look at it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cheeseDreams