GUILTY FL - Dan Markel, 41, FSU Law Professor, Tallahassee, 18 July 2014 - #9 *arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm ambivalent on the death penalty. Without question it has been unfairly applied in the past. However, this is such a heinous crime committed so coldly with such a devastating effect on Dan's family. I don't expect the jury to recommend it, but I'm fine if they do.

Really appreciate finding this community. I'm pleased to see such thoughtful discussion without the drama and hostility that so often effects forums and discussion boards.

You are a great contributor. Hope you stick around for other cases.

You are a great contributor. Hope you stick around for other cases.

You made my day. You will not be able to chase me away. Such great people here with thoughtful comments. Forensics is a passion for me and it is so nice to be able to discuss cases I'm not working on so I can express opinions freely. I've admired your cogent posts and your note is much appreciated.

I'm ambivalent on the death penalty. Without question it has been unfairly applied in the past. However, this is such a heinous crime committed so coldly with such a devastating effect on Dan's family. I don't expect the jury to recommend it, but I'm fine if they do.

Really appreciate finding this community. I'm pleased to see such thoughtful discussion without the drama and hostility that so often effects forums and discussion boards.
I agree! Just gave up on other forums as they honestly make me question humanity!! Even though we have different opinions on the DP for example everyone has been so respectful. <3

So my armchair psychological evaluation is that Garcia has abandonment issues having to do with his father's abandonment. He had no real parental supervision and guidance. So it seems like he was unruly, and out of control for most of his childhood into young adulthood. KM being the narcissist that she is exploited his neediness. She likely inflamed a lot of his anxieties. And made him feel more desperate. But like I said earlier, it could've just as easily been something else. I think this was his trajectory all along. So my sympathies for him have lessened quite a bit. I think viewed with the lens of being some helpless victim to KM's manipulations he comes off like a sympathetic figure. But I think that's a distorted view. No one can manipulate you into doing this unless you had it in you! It's just so extreme to kill a random person you don't know and to drive 8 hours to do it! That's very extreme. And he had these extreme tendencies all along.

my goodness folks, I did not grasp the significance of the route WA took to buy the "Bulliet" liquor until just now when reviewing the testimony it hit me what the DA was suggesting and yes she had to know what was going on and she planned on being questioned about this should they get caught! She wanted to see what was up and if the murder had occurred. Wowsers...

my goodness folks, I did not grasp the significance of the route WA took to buy the "Bulliet" liquor until just now when reviewing the testimony it hit me what the DA was suggesting and yes she had to know what was going on and she planned on being questioned about this should they get caught! She wanted to see what was up and if the murder had occurred. Wowsers...

“The state isn't going to decide to arrest me,” Adelson said.

I loathe her.

Last edited:
oh I forgot to add our little friend fifty wanted us all to know what a dingbat WA is and how she can't find a liquor store just blocks from her house. He is trying his best to help her defense when she does get arrested.

Reading tweets about Prichard's testimony and it sounds like Garcia has been a criminal his whole life. Murder was just the next step. He'd done everything else it sounds like. This is the trajectory for a life of crime. They always end up here. *sigh* Then they get put away for life. Garcia was headed this way. If it wasn't Dan Markel it would've been someone else.

As they say in the thread for the Patrick Frazee case,

Remove KKL from the equation vs

Remove Patrick from the equation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads