GUILTY FL - Dan Markel, 41, FSU Law Professor, Tallahassee, 18 July 2014 - #9 *arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
King Tato's testimony is to the benefit of Tuto. The defense will say "if they were equally guilty, why is King Tato walking alive and Tuto will be put to death?" Then, the Tallahassee jurors who are perhaps illiterate would say "that is right. Let us give Tuto few years also." Thereafter, Tuto is not going to cooperate because he wants not to incriminate Katherine. Sad.
SG is the shooter and the evidence points to him. A bullet hole in the passenger side floor board and being seen occupying the passenger seat in Tallahassee and in the ATM video in Miami.
SG is getting life without the possibility of parole and nothing less, at the minimum and it is the Law. I'm sure Law Enforcement put LR on a lie detector before completing any deals with him. I believe the Governor and the State of Florida can deal off that in the name of justice, if SG is willing to come forward and tell the truth. IMO.

Last edited:
'I experienced a life sentence,' mother of Dan Markel tells jurors as they weigh death penalty

Oct 14, 2019

"Ruth Markel didn’t ask jurors to sentence Sigfredo Garcia to death. But she told them during the killer's sentencing hearing that losing her son Dan Markel shattered her own life.

She took the stand Monday as jurors began to weigh whether to recommend the death penalty against Garcia, who was convicted of first-degree murder Friday in his killing.

“There’s no word in the English language for someone who loses a child. Yet because of the acts of a few, our son Dan's life was cut short and we were forced to live with the unthinkable,” Ruth Markel told the 12-person jury. "From the day I learned of Dan’s death I experienced a life sentence. Dan’s murder will continue to torment me for the rest of our lives."...

Forensic psychologists for the defense and the state differed on whether Garcia suffered from major depressive disorders and long-term anxiety that could have affected his mental state.

Dr. Julie Harper detailed Garcia’s childhood, including the first memory he had of his dad at age 5 when he was being released from prison....

The state’s forensic psychologist Dr. Greg Prichard refuted that Garcia suffered from major depression, saying he instead displayed a devious pattern that started in childhood and continued into adulthood.

“He’s a capable guy. He’s a smart guy,” Prichard said. “He could have done a lot with his life were it not for his choices of his criminal conduct.”..."

'I experienced a life sentence,' mother of Dan Markel tells jurors as they weigh death penalty

Was there any information out there on how he got the job at Rapid Capital Funding? Seems odd that he went from a job in masonry (though we do know he had physical limitations due to an injury) to a job at RCF with no corresponding background in real estate or loans or even regular office work. Maybe it was just a case of a girlfriend using connections and helping a boyfriend get a job which often happens and she worked in a real estate office. But any possible connection to someone who was connected to the Adelsons who helped him get the job as a favor. Started there in May 2015.

Was there any information out there on how he got the job at Rapid Capital Funding? Seems odd that he went from a job in masonry (though we do know he had physical limitations due to an injury) to a job at RCF with no corresponding background in real estate or loans or even regular office work. Maybe it was just a case of a girlfriend using connections and helping a boyfriend get a job which often happens and she worked in a real estate office. But any possible connection to someone who was connected to the Adelsons who helped him get the job as a favor. Started there in May 2015.

Glad you brought up his job at RCF because that's something I've been wondering about too.

It's mentioned that he got the job shortly after getting back with KM but didn't say how he got it. It's covered a little in this FBI interview with KM's friend.
The Dan Markel Case: A Notable New Document

No that was not mentioned but we do know KM's last job was at a small real estate office and I believe I read she obtained that job through a friend.

I just stumbled upon this blog. I am sure many have seen it before but it is new to me....apologies for revisiting old topics.

Dan died the day before CrimFest, a criminal law conference he co-created. Very sad and ironic the trip he never made was to discuss criminal law.

I bet the upcoming victim impact statements are going to be heart wrenching and from the sound of it there are going to be many.

PrawfsBlawg: Dan Markel

I just stumbled upon this blog. I am sure many have seen it before but it is new to me....apologies for revisiting old topics.

Dan died the day before CrimFest, a criminal law conference he co-created. Very sad and ironic the trip he never made was to discuss criminal law.

I bet the upcoming victim impact statements are going to be heart wrenching and from the sound of it there are going to be many.

PrawfsBlawg: Dan Markel

BBM

No, there was only one, and there is no more testimony. Tomorrow morning is just closing statements and jury instructions, then the jury deliberates.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper