GUILTY FL - Dan Markel, 41, FSU Law Professor, Tallahassee, 18 July 2014 - #9 *arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
only my mother and a few close friends knew what I was going through with my 1st husband. I can understand her not telling many people what she claims DM did to her. Insecure people who marry beautiful women and we have to admit she is a very attractive female who is not well matched to DM in that department sometimes express that insecurity with demeaning insults to try and gain leverage over their partner. I could see her with a Ken doll type and that is probably what she should have married, the big buff lifeguard, with not much between his ears so she would have been the Alpha partner. It would have suited her better. Had I been the prosecutor I would have asked her what makes you think the state won't arrest you after the police finish reviewing the 29-inch stack of wiretap paperwork? Eww that would cause a few sleepless nights if she has anything to hide lol

I don't know what DM's treatment of WA was like, but IMO, WA had nothing but envy for him. By her own words, she selected him because he met the criteria for what she wanted in a father for her children. She had no real attraction to him, yet she coveted all his accomplishments. It seems she set out to use him and ultimately destroy him. Typical garden variety malignant narcissist.

Oodles of letters and not a one from the mother of Dan's kids about what an injustice it would be if all those responsible aren't brought to justice.

Is this fact? Do we know for certain that there was no letter from any of the Adelsons? Have the letters been released to the public?

I don't know what DM's treatment of WA was like, but IMO, WA had nothing but envy for him.

It's still not clear what if anything DM ever did to WA. As unkind as she has been about him in her comments, she's never accused him of adultery, physical abuse, or financial impropriety (except perhaps not paying her everything from a disputed divorce decree).

All she ever claims is that he was "emotionally abusive" to her. Sure, maybe he had an arrogant and argumentative personality, but that's pretty much the MO of all law professors. By that standard, every law student in America has been "emotionally abused".

He probably just should have been married to a woman who could better hold her own against him, which I think he found in the other professor he was dating before his death. Incompatibility doesn't equal emotional abuse, and it's really telling that WA and her chums keep repeating this accusation well after his death.

It's just like how OJ will lash out at Nicole in his post-acquittal interviews. OJ and and WA probably think they're the real victims even though they're both alive and kicking while their ex's were snuffed out years ago.

Is this fact? Do we know for certain that there was no letter from any of the Adelsons? Have the letters been released to the public?

Yes - Gardenista posted about it yesterday. You can find the victim impacts statements in here.

Dockets have been updated with 63 pages of victim impact statements and other docs. Haven't had a chance to look everything over yet

https://cvweb.clerk.leon.fl.us/public/online_services/search_courts/process.asp

Concerning WA's immunity to testify, I had the impression that GC was extremely cautious in not soliciting answers that she might need down the line. She just gave WA enough rope to hang herself on the honesty-front (claiming relieved to stay in Tally, won't acknowledge lives fully in Miami, reservedly acknowledging her brother looking out for her, etc) but didn't do a deep dive (e.g. "What makes you think that you will not be arrested..."). I believe that GC saved some ammo for later.

Also, I think that GC is just as well, or perhaps better, positioned to get a KM conviction now if a trial moves forward. For one, the jury won't witness the relationship drama with Sig and write their own stories about it. Also, GC has KM and others on the record to refine the narrative with more info. Also she has the confidence of knowing what already took place.

I doubt GC imagined that this case would be a centerpiece of her career for so long, but I'm guessing it will be an active part of her work life for a total of at least 10 years (five down, five to go).

Finally, if the Tallahassee Dem was smart instead of selling $3 for 3 months (which everyone will cancel), they should just offer a $25 full trial coverage for all defendants in the murder of DM. Just $ayin'.

Concerning WA's immunity to testify, I had the impression that GC was extremely cautious in not soliciting answers that she might need down the line. She just gave WA enough rope to hang herself on the honesty-front (claiming relieved to stay in Tally, won't acknowledge lives fully in Miami, reservedly acknowledging her brother looking out for her, etc) but didn't do a deep dive (e.g. "What makes you think that you will not be arrested..."). I believe that GC saved some ammo for later.

Also, I think that GC is just as well, or perhaps better, positioned to get a KM conviction now if a trial moves forward. For one, the jury won't witness the relationship drama with Sig and write their own stories about it. Also, GC has KM and others on the record to refine the narrative with more info. Also she has the confidence of knowing what already took place.

I doubt GC imagined that this case would be a centerpiece of her career for so long, but I'm guessing it will be an active part of her work life for a total of at least 10 years (five down, five to go).

Finally, if the Tallahassee Dem was smart instead of selling $3 for 3 months (which everyone will cancel), they should just offer a $25 full trial coverage for all defendants in the murder of DM. Just $ayin'.

Great post!

That is crazy. What was your impression of her when you went to school with her?

Murder sticks its ugly head up everywhere! Three months ago a friend of mine asked me to write a couple chapters for a forensic photography textbook he is editing. He had signed a contract with Words Matter Publishing Co. and there were some red flags that caused me to look deeper into the publisher's background. Within 24 hours I found out that the publisher was featured on several white nationalist websites. Worse yet, I found she had changed her name and she had only recently been released on parole from a 60-year sentence for murder in Illinois! It was a horribly brutal murder and she made the arrangements and then later doused the body with gasoline and burned it. I found a YouTube video she made in July that commenced with this confession:

“I know there’s been a lot of documents surfacing. I know people have been putting out photos of me and my past and people have been spreading all kinds of information out there. People are calling me a murderer and people are putting up documents. Well, all I have to say to that is, yep, it’s all tr
ue. It's all true."

Needless to say, my friend has a new publisher now.

Wow! Your friend must be so very thankful you saw the red flags and didn't dismiss them!!

My memories of Virginia... It was a small school in a small town. She was somewhat quiet. She was rough around the edges but didn't seem to look for trouble. She wore thick glasses - I've often wondered about any vision problems she may have had - I remember her squinting eyes disappearing into her cheeks when she laughed. We weren't close. I didn't know anything about her at the time of the murder. I just assume she fell into drugs, bad friends - becoming quickly vicious. I've often thought of visiting her but... I really couldn't decide on "why" that would be a good idea for either of us. Our lives have been quite different.

Great post, and I agree with all of it.

However, even if the Tallahassee Democrat was free I wouldn't use. All of the USA Today sites are so graphic heavy that they slow down my computer so much. I hate them all.

Someone today posted this on a thread I follow. I have no idea why it was posted on the Rhoden murder thread. So I'm posting it over here. Wow, this is a very interesting thread, great posters over here!

The Dan Markel Case: Watch Your Words About Wendi Adelson

Mentions Websleuths in the article

This article is from 2016, I'm pretty sure things have changed tremendously now with the publicity and testimony. I wonder if David Lat still agrees with his own interpretations.

I never thought of that, but yes that very well might have been the case. I have 3 older brothers so I was trying to put myself in her place after I had bad mouthed my ex which most people do at least in the beginning and then one of them took it upon themselves to go and have him killed w/o my prior knowledge. Could this be the case? I was leaning towards that when I first started following the postings until I realized what the cops were saying on the stand about her route to buy the Bulliet Bourbon then I was like WOW OMG, there were phone calls back and forth too I think and if so this just adds more to the presumption she may have had prior knowledge or right after the act knowledge. Let's just say she did.

let's say after the fact one of the family, whichever one it was that hired the team called her and told her, what is her criminal responsibility? Now to be clear this is just a question and just for argument sake, Devil's advocate ( just stated in case Mr lawyer blogger wants to start a suit of this post) LOL I'm just asking lol lol

p.s. this is for Wishbone sorry dunno why I cannot reply now Ugh

copied from Wishbone's reply
I don't know what DM's treatment of WA was like, but IMO, WA had nothing but envy for him. By her own words, she selected him because he met the criteria for what she wanted in a father for her children. She had no real attraction to him, yet she coveted all his accomplishments. It seems she set out to use him and ultimately destroy him. Typical garden variety malignant narcissist.

one good reason maybe human rights attorneys can't find a high paying job maybe? Does anyone know if DM's salary was ever made public? She could bank on him to bring in the bacon while she took part-time human rights immigration cases

the guy that wrote this blog says he does not like Wendi but he sure sounded like he did to me. I saw some comments of his insulting like
1.Wendi is not a public figure, and it’s beyond the pale that people are coming after this young lawyer and single mom in an attempt to demonize her. We are monitoring and reviewing comments about the case to determine if any of them are actionable.”
So he is fishing for lawsuits- great just like a lawyer to do something like this and I may disagree about her not being a public figure. I wish I had access to discussions about Casey Anthony cause she was legally considered a public person after all the media coverage and even before the trial. Maybe he is confusing WA not being charged with a crime making her not a public person. I could be wrong and this is just my opinion but I disagree and think she is a public figure since the media outed her and the police are considering what role she played in this mess if any. <shrug.>

2. About the hitman/TV joke; "If Wendi had been working with her brother and mother on a plot to murder Dan Markel, she would not have made such statements." Well, WA knew she had spoken about the joke to her ex-boyfriend who as we know he spit it out at the police interview and even added later the details about how her family hated Dan with a passion. I wonder if she had told other people about the joke it would be risky to deny it so why not let it out and hope the police don't hold her responsible for it. Again, it's just my opinion but I think she made a calculated decision there and it does not mean she did or did not participate in the crime.

People have a right to an opinion and it was my understanding as long as it is just that, your opinion or IMO, then all is good. I took his little article as a threat for all to shut up and protect WA ( like it appears IMO he is doing) or else. Does this rub anyone here the wrong way?

Well WA may be a young single mom and lawyer but I'm an old fat mother of two children from Texas who is aging, sick and bored to tears so if I want to speculate about this case or any other I should have a right to discuss my opinions and case info anywhere the internet has allowed me to.

I thought in a defamation suit you had to prove you were damaged as in ; you lost a job offer cause of my one measly post that suggested she did it lol Again just my opinion I'm not a lawyer, I wish I could remember more when the Caylee trial was going on, we had those discussions in depth. And the truth is always a defense in a defamation case just my opinion. Something that is very lacking in this crime I noticed, getting to the truth has been like pulling teeth and I know we are still nowhere near the truth. LR SG and KM did not commit this crime for the fun of it or of their own volition. I want the full truth for the Markel family and the rat fink culprits shoved in the hot stinky scary Florida slammer for life!
This is from years ago, and it was at best an idle threat. I doubt Wendi would want to be deposed in a civil trial. Not to mention that when I google Wendi Adelson the first result is Lat's Above the Law blog. He's done far more to publicize the suspicion around her (unintentionally, to be sure) than we have. Websleuths isn't even on the first page of results.

Now that she's testified, I think it's safe to say that the vast majority of commentators believe she was involved in some capacity.

So it's safe to ignore Mr. Lat.

ETA...

Not to mention, the truth is the ultimate defense!

Last edited:
So we are to believe that Professor Lacasse got on the stand, subjecting himself to cross-examination, and perjured himself in front of the world in a death penalty case just to get back at WA or for some other unknown reason?

“She said that Charlie had explored all options to take care of the problem, and that he had looked into having professor Markel killed. It would cost about $15,000. And so I didn’t know what to make of it, my stomach kind of flipped. It was like a chilling statement,” said Lacasse.

The former boyfriend was also asked about a dinner two weeks after the murder.

“These are her words. She said Charlie and I went to what he described as a celebration dinner,” said Lacasse.

Ex-lover and hitman testify in Markel trial

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member