GUILTY FL - Dan Markel, 41, FSU Law Professor, Tallahassee, 18 July 2014 - #9 *arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am hoping the stark reality of their future or lack of future is going to hit them in their faces like a bullet.

I also think PRISON might me a real wake up call for SG; if I am not mistaken he has just in been in county JAIL this whole time....might be a different world for him.
He had the benefit of the innocent until proven guilty moniker for three years...Welcome to the real world of convicted murders and isolation. He'll crack eventually its just a matter of time. This guy isn't showing any remorse what-so-ever. Too bad they can't put him on a bread and water diet every other week until he comes to his senses. We see how quick LR responded to isolation and cooperation.

He had the benefit of the innocent until proven guilty moniker for three years...Welcome to the real world of convicted murders and isolation. He'll crack eventually its just a matter of time. This guy isn't showing any remorse what-so-ever. Too bad they can't put him on a bread and water diet every other week until he comes to his senses.

hahahah LOVE IT......better yet let's loop the writers podcast WA recorded into his cell non-stop:)

Reported in the Tallahassee Democrat: Garcia declined two chances to take the stand during the trial, and a third prior to his sentence being read. Zanegneh said his hesitance was rooted in his interest in protecting Magbanua. “He didn’t want to hurt Katie, so he chose not to take the stand,” he said. “He was very concerned about his testimony hurting or implicating Katie.”

Gee, if his beloved Katie was innocent, you'd expect his testimony would help her. He knows her better than anyone and he could corroborate that she made thousands of dollars as a bottle girl or he sold drugs and gave her the cash. And he could explain that all those phone calls were discussions that were completely innocent. ... He says it wall when he explains he didn't want to testify for fear of hurting or implicating Katie. No Sherlock!

OT For those who like murder/crime tv... I attended school with the only woman on death row in Kentucky. Her crime is featured this Thurs night on Investigation Discovery.

https://www.kentucky.com/entertainment/tv/article236241363.html

Goodnight y'all !
That is crazy. What was your impression of her when you went to school with her?

Murder sticks its ugly head up everywhere! Three months ago a friend of mine asked me to write a couple chapters for a forensic photography textbook he is editing. He had signed a contract with Words Matter Publishing Co. and there were some red flags that caused me to look deeper into the publisher's background. Within 24 hours I found out that the publisher was featured on several white nationalist websites. Worse yet, I found she had changed her name and she had only recently been released on parole from a 60-year sentence for murder in Illinois! It was a horribly brutal murder and she made the arrangements and then later doused the body with gasoline and burned it. I found a YouTube video she made in July that commenced with this confession:

“I know there’s been a lot of documents surfacing. I know people have been putting out photos of me and my past and people have been spreading all kinds of information out there. People are calling me a murderer and people are putting up documents. Well, all I have to say to that is, yep, it’s all tr
ue. It's all true."

Needless to say, my friend has a new publisher now.

Someone today posted this on a thread I follow. I have no idea why it was posted on the Rhoden murder thread. So I'm posting it over here. Wow, this is a very interesting thread, great posters over here!

The Dan Markel Case: Watch Your Words About Wendi Adelson

Mentions Websleuths in the article

An interesting tidbit I got out of this article is a statement from this former prosecutor who is now a lawyer with a still-active license. If what he says is true, forget WA ever being prosecuted for this crime.

"Wendi received a subpoena to testify at the trial of Luis Rivera (before Rivera pleaded guilty). Under Florida law, a witness who testifies under subpoena gets automatic testimonial immunity — i.e., her testimony can’t be used against her in a future proceeding, directly or indirectly. (Forcing someone to testify about a crime and then prosecuting her for it would create an obvious problem with the Fifth Amendment right against self-incrimination.)

So as a practical matter, prosecutors never send subpoenas to potential targets or subjects of an investigation; if they later prosecute that witness, determining what’s covered and not covered by the grant of immunity is a messy and complicated endeavor. “When you get a subpoena, that’s a great thing if you’re a defense lawyer,” Lauro said."

Oodles of letters and not a one from the mother of Dan's kids about what an injustice it would be if all those responsible aren't brought to justice.

This speaks volumes. Wendi, we know you're reading and we know you ordered your husband to be shot in the face and murdered. Someday your kids will know, too, and you will experience the ultimate shame.
I thought the same thing, HOWEVER, not giving a victim impact statement is the most honest thing she has done. She could give a crap about SG or KM as long as she can live in Miami, change the children’s names, go to fancy events, and stay in her mom’s good graces. In my opinion, she’s just as responsible for Dan’s death as SG. Despicable.

Someone today posted this on a thread I follow. I have no idea why it was posted on the Rhoden murder thread. So I'm posting it over here. Wow, this is a very interesting thread, great posters over here!

The Dan Markel Case: Watch Your Words About Wendi Adelson

Mentions Websleuths in the article
the guy that wrote this blog says he does not like Wendi but he sure sounded like he did to me. I saw some comments of his insulting like
1.Wendi is not a public figure, and it’s beyond the pale that people are coming after this young lawyer and single mom in an attempt to demonize her. We are monitoring and reviewing comments about the case to determine if any of them are actionable.”
So he is fishing for lawsuits- great just like a lawyer to do something like this and I may disagree about her not being a public figure. I wish I had access to discussions about Casey Anthony cause she was legally considered a public person after all the media coverage and even before the trial. Maybe he is confusing WA not being charged with a crime making her not a public person. I could be wrong and this is just my opinion but I disagree and think she is a public figure since the media outed her and the police are considering what role she played in this mess if any. <shrug.>

2. About the hitman/TV joke; "If Wendi had been working with her brother and mother on a plot to murder Dan Markel, she would not have made such statements." Well, WA knew she had spoken about the joke to her ex-boyfriend who as we know he spit it out at the police interview and even added later the details about how her family hated Dan with a passion. I wonder if she had told other people about the joke it would be risky to deny it so why not let it out and hope the police don't hold her responsible for it. Again, it's just my opinion but I think she made a calculated decision there and it does not mean she did or did not participate in the crime.

People have a right to an opinion and it was my understanding as long as it is just that, your opinion or IMO, then all is good. I took his little article as a threat for all to shut up and protect WA ( like it appears IMO he is doing) or else. Does this rub anyone here the wrong way?

Well WA may be a young single mom and lawyer but I'm an old fat mother of two children from Texas who is aging, sick and bored to tears so if I want to speculate about this case or any other I should have a right to discuss my opinions and case info anywhere the internet has allowed me to.

I thought in a defamation suit you had to prove you were damaged as in ; you lost a job offer cause of my one measly post that suggested she did it lol Again just my opinion I'm not a lawyer, I wish I could remember more when the Caylee trial was going on, we had those discussions in depth. And the truth is always a defense in a defamation case just my opinion. Something that is very lacking in this crime I noticed, getting to the truth has been like pulling teeth and I know we are still nowhere near the truth. LR SG and KM did not commit this crime for the fun of it or of their own volition. I want the full truth for the Markel family and the rat fink culprits shoved in the hot stinky scary Florida slammer for life!

Last edited:
An interesting tidbit I got out of this article is a statement from this former prosecutor who is now a lawyer with a still-active license. If what he says is true, forget WA ever being prosecuted for this crime.

"Wendi received a subpoena to testify at the trial of Luis Rivera (before Rivera pleaded guilty). Under Florida law, a witness who testifies under subpoena gets automatic testimonial immunity — i.e., her testimony can’t be used against her in a future proceeding, directly or indirectly. (Forcing someone to testify about a crime and then prosecuting her for it would create an obvious problem with the Fifth Amendment right against self-incrimination.)

So as a practical matter, prosecutors never send subpoenas to potential targets or subjects of an investigation; if they later prosecute that witness, determining what’s covered and not covered by the grant of immunity is a messy and complicated endeavor. “When you get a subpoena, that’s a great thing if you’re a defense lawyer,” Lauro said."
there was a lawyer on here that helped us with the Caylee trial I wish I could remember her name. Does anyone know? We need her and I wouldn't take anything this guy says with a grain of salt till we get it confirmed. Regarding WA, yeah I didn't think they had much to go on with regard to her getting busted. Not unless someone else talks and real soon.

"She does not have transactional immunity," explained Hankinson. "That means she could be prosecuted for the crimes involved but what she said cannot be used against her nor used for any leads to develop any information."

Day Two: Wendi Adelson Testifies In Murder Trial For Her Slain Ex-Husband Dan Markel

KM still has time to remove her fun bags before she goes to trial again. I hope she sees a doctor before her new trial. No, wow I just realized she is still locked up, oh well, I just saw an article with the video attached a few months back where the woman had been incarcerated in Florida for some type of tax evasion or state crime sorry I cannot recall which, anyway she had implants and felt a lump and the prison system took so long like 11 months before they even looked at it and by that time it had spread to all the lymph nodes on one said and 10 or so on the other. It's too late for her I bet. She is out now and I don't think they even suggested surgery she is eaten up with breast cancer. Just a thought, criminals never think about things like this when their out committing crimes, just while their in jail where they have lost all control of their lives including their healthcare.

Is this correct?

1. "Fifty" aka "Dave" is the ex-BF of WA and is also friends with M. Padilla (SG's attorney)?
2. Saam Z. (SG's attorney) is friends with Markus (CA's attorney)?
3. DeCoste's office (KM's attorney) is right next door to Markus's office (CA's attorney)?

All just coincidences?

What makes her so smug

"The state isn't going to decide to arrest me"

only my mother and a few close friends knew what I was going through with my 1st husband. I can understand her not telling many people what she claims DM did to her. Insecure people who marry beautiful women and we have to admit she is a very attractive female who is not well matched to DM in that department sometimes express that insecurity with demeaning insults to try and gain leverage over their partner. I could see her with a Ken doll type and that is probably what she should have married, the big buff lifeguard, with not much between his ears so she would have been the Alpha partner. It would have suited her better. Had I been the prosecutor I would have asked her what makes you think the state won't arrest you after the police finish reviewing the 29-inch stack of wiretap paperwork? Eww that would cause a few sleepless nights if she has anything to hide lol

Is this correct?

1. "Fifty" aka "Dave" is the ex-BF of WA and is also friends with M. Padilla (SG's attorney)?
3. DeCoste's office (KM's attorney) is right next door to Markus's office (CA's attorney)?

All just coincidences?

There must be thousands of attorneys in Miami, yet these players are all buddies.....

Is this correct?

All just coincidences?

I don't believe in coincidences

there was a lawyer on here that helped us with the Caylee trial I wish I could remember her name. Does anyone know? We need her and I wouldn't take anything this guy says with a grain of salt till we get it confirmed. Regarding WA, yeah I didn't think they had much to go on with regard to her getting busted. Not unless someone else talks and real soon.

AZlawyer?

I am hoping the stark reality of their future or lack of future is going to hit them in their faces like a bullet.

I also think PRISON might me a real wake up call for SG; if I am not mistaken he has just in been in county JAIL this whole time....might be a different world for him.

In general, the conditions in prison are better than the conditions in jails. Prisons are intended for longer-term stays (one year or more, a felony sentences) and are more stable. They have programming and are calmer places in general. Jails, intended for misdemeanor sentences (under one year) and awaiting trial are more transient, hectic and stressful environments.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cassie1678