GUILTY FL - Dan Markel, 41, FSU Law Professor, Tallahassee, 18 July 2014 - #9 *arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmm... but then I think it if wasn’t they wouldn’t throw Wendi under the bus.
Totally get your suspicions though.

Thanks for the reminder that perked me up!

Unless it's all being done by/for #teamkatie.

I think that it is what scares me. The juror thinks KM is innocent and there was doubt whether SG was the shooter.
ETA: and I just like Mentour Lawyer too much

Last edited:
This juror clearly did not understand that the whole point of mentioning the breast implants and bottle service was the FINANCIAL aspect of it....not lifestyle!!!

Wow.....she clearly was #teamkatie, and probably for personal reasons. She seemed to think nothing of Katie swindling the IRS either.....actually laughed about it......

This is definitely GOOD INFO for GC for the next trial and jury selection!

This juror was determined to not believe anything Luis Rivera said because he's a convicted felon. Period. So anything he said about Katie she completely disregarded. Interesting. I would imagine LR will not be testifying in Katie's next trial.

This juror clearly did not understand that the whole point of mentioning the breast implants and bottle service was the FINANCIAL aspect of it....not lifestyle!!!

Wow.....she clearly was #teamkatie, and probably for personal reasons. She seemed to think nothing of Katie swindling the IRS either.....actually laughed about it......

This just solidified for me that this juror is an idiot. It was clear that she was bringing it up for financial reasons. Perhaps for also the moral issue - not about anything sexual but the moral issue of you have no issue of spending thousands on an unnecessary procedure but totally okay with scamming the government for health insurance and taxes. I swear this juror probably believes the *advertiser censored* were a business expense.

ETA: moral issue important because it showed KM the type of person to put herself before anyone, even her kids. So why wouldn't she risk prison and being away from her kids for $40k and the prospect of more money in the future.

This just solidified for me that this juror is an idiot. It was clear that she was bringing it up for financial reasons. Perhaps for also the moral issue - not about anything sexual but the moral issue of you have no issue of spending thousands on an unnecessary procedure but totally okay with scamming the government for health insurance and taxes. I swear this juror probably believes the *advertiser censored* were a business expense.

ETA: moral issue important because it showed KM the type of person to put herself before anyone, even her kids. So why wouldn't she risk prison and being away from her kids for $40k and the prospect of more money in the future.

Yes, I'm going to go out on a limb and assume this juror is a single mom who, despite her college degree (like KM), works in the service industry. And maybe has "terrible taste in men" as well. She sounds like she really relates emotionally to Katie.

OMG I just caught up to that......racial and culture minorities? WTF

I think this might be fake. This can not be real.

She also says that GC needs some perspective on minorities and social minorities or something like that (trying to get across that GC came across as elitist) and that she seemed to look down on bottle service girls. OMG NO she kept bringing it up to show she wasn't making that kind of money doing bottle service. She wasn't making a commentary on the moral / social / whatever worth of that job. I don't know if I can listen to the future videos.

She also says that GC needs some perspective on minorities and social minorities or something like that (trying to get across that GC came across as elitist) and that she seemed to look down on bottle service girls. OMG NO she kept bringing it up to show she wasn't making that kind of money doing bottle service. She wasn't making a commentary on the moral / social / whatever worth of that job. I don't know if I can listen to the future videos.
My head is spinning. No one looks down on big fake boobies in Texas or strippers or bottle service girls (in any definition) but everyone looks down on people that arrange murders.

And the part of the interview where she laughed about the IRS thing. She said that one juror tried to argue that she lied on her taxes so she's no more credible than Rivera. And the juror laughed. Yes, exactly .... she is no more credible on the surface than Rivera. No, cheating on taxes is not the same as murder. Neither is insurance fraud. Of course murder is worse. But the point is she is a criminal as well. She just hadn't been caught like Rivera. So no, criminals are not credible on the surface of things unless they can prove otherwise. To me, Rivera was much more credible in the end by owning at least somethings (granted to save his butt) than someone who doesn't. I can't believe I'm getting so upset with this juror. :(

And the part of the interview where she laughed about the IRS thing. She said that one juror tried to argue that she lied on her taxes so she's no more credible than Rivera. And the juror laughed. Yes, exactly .... she is no more credible on the surface than Rivera. No, cheating on taxes is not the same as murder. Neither is insurance fraud. Of course murder is worse. But the point is she is a criminal as well. She just hadn't been caught like Rivera. So no, criminals are not credible on the surface of things unless they can prove otherwise. To me, Rivera was much more credible in the end by owning at least somethings (granted to save his butt) than someone who doesn't. I can't believe I'm getting so upset with this juror. :(

I'm not getting upset because I think it's really good intel for the next trial. Jurors need to be less emotional and more mature.

The main advantage for the state in a second trial is that KM is locked into her testimony. The State now knows her story and will have months to prepare a cross exam. In the first go-round Capplemen was hearing it for the first time and and had to instantly cross-examine. This assumes of course that KM testifies in a second trial. JMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member