GUILTY FL - Dan Markel, 41, FSU Law Professor, Tallahassee, 18 July 2014 - #9 *arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
@Gardenista This one is interesting! Just posted by MentourLawyer as well. Lacasse interview.

ETA: Lacasse states he went to therapy to deal with WA. His therapist thought she was sociopath :);)
Thank for this DTPeke! Glad he went to a therapist because that relationship would be so hurtful and mess you up!! At least we know that. You could tell he was much more removed from it at trial.

"Sociopath. No sense of guilt, no empathy, hypersensitivity to criticism, pathological liar. Narcissistic Sociopath. High-Functioning Sociopath.” “The ease with which she lies is really disturbing." – Jeffrey Lacasse on Wendi

LMAO. I heard crinkling of paper and one of his first lines was, "I made a couple of notes." Lacasse is awesome. I'm floored by his more detailed account of WA's behavior and character. Changing the FB pic the day before the murder? jeez

Thank you, Mentour Lawyer. He's a hero as this all must be time-consuming. I hope the full Wendi police tape gets uploaded soon.

Last edited:
LMAO. I heard crinkling of paper and one of his first lines was, "I made a couple of notes." Lacasse is awesome. I'm floored by his more detailed account of WA's behavior and character. Changing the FB pic the day before the murder? jeez

Thank you, Mentour Lawyer. He's a hero as this all must be time-consuming. I hope the full Wendi police tape gets uploaded soon.
LOL. Agree the whipping out of the notes was priceless! It sounds like Lacasse has all kinds of emails, texts etc. saved.

MentourLawyer is amazing! He posted this quick video on future updates. He has purchased $150 of court records.

What was the text that was mislabeled?
In the "original" video he had labeled the text at the very end as Wendi's Text day of the murder (my heart stopped LOL). It was actually the text to Dan from the School of Sciences and Arts. He edited the video to correct. He said it was labeled that way when he received it from the court records.

It just proves his point how complex it must be to handle and keep up with all the evidence at trial. Kudos to GC and the prosecution team. I still think she did an outstanding job and was never going to win with that one juror.

I am thrilled MentourLawyer is keeping the case conversation active. This is one of the cases I have been waiting years for.

I think I am actually caught up LOL now that the trial is over.

Wondering if JL was specifically chosen because he looked similar to DM?
Maybe those similarities would help soften the blow and help the kids adjust after DM's death, with the extra benefit as a "replacement dad" (and husband), he could be completely controlled?
If JL has outlived his usefulness and perhaps is now seen as a hostile party, does he worry about his personal safety, should he?
fanciful fiction, imo, speculation.

Maybe those similarities would help soften the blow and help the kids adjust after DM's death, with the extra benefit as a "replacement dad" (and husband), he could be completely controlled?
If JL has outlived his usefulness and perhaps is now seen as a hostile party, does he worry about his personal safety, should he?

I kinda doubt the Adelsons are going to kill anyone else. The first time things didn't work out they way they planned.

He outlived his usefulness the minute she told him the hitman story. He figures this out quickly after the murder. In his police interview he says he is scared. He wants assurances.

WA knows this as well. The "yoga date" she realizes she can't stay with him as it will not fit the future narrative of him being a stalker. She was trying to control him up to the Tuesday before the murder. Leading him on about the status of the relationship. Again asking if he will be in town on Friday. Sending the don't contact me email in the hopes he will make contact to bolster the stalker story?

and what about the Giraffe in the room? I find the flat tire very, very interesting.​

There has to be at least two more interviews with Lacasse? It was stated in media he did 3.

If anything happens to Lacasse at this point a swarm of WS's will descend on Tallahasee. I would say he is the safest person in the Hasee now.

I truly hope he found someone worthy of his love.

ETA: I know the flat tire is farfetched....

Last edited:
I kinda doubt the Adelsons are going to kill anyone else. The first time things didn't work out they way they planned.

I agree that JL likely has little to fear from the Adelsons. But if the Adelsons continue to evade prosecution, they've done reasonably well out of this, unfortunately, dents to their reputations and incomes notwithstanding: they get to keep Dan's children while sidelining his own family, they've preserved their 'family," more or less, and they get to live in Miami in relative luxury, and hope that people forget and they've brainwashed the boys sufficiently to hang onto them once they come of age.

It's enormously frustrating, and will underline for many I think the increasingly widespread sense that justice is for sale.

If this wasn’t so true & sadly accurate, I would definitely be LOL.

(and I promise to get a new thread started at some point today...I’m easily distracted and y’all are paying the price, sorry).

I agree that JL likely has little to fear from the Adelsons. But if the Adelsons continue to evade prosecution, they've done reasonably well out of this, unfortunately, dents to their reputations and incomes notwithstanding: they get to keep Dan's children while sidelining his own family, they've preserved their 'family," more or less, and they get to live in Miami in relative luxury, and hope that people forget and they've brainwashed the boys sufficiently to hang onto them once they come of age.

It's enormously frustrating, and will underline for many I think the increasingly widespread sense that justice is for sale.
Very well said!

IMO. Then why would KM continue to keep silent knowing as we all know that she is guilty as sin and will not come forward and tell the truth? Didn't CA make a reference to KM during the "tickle" along the lines...If you don't get it done I will get somebody that will... referring to another hit.

IMO. Then why would KM continue to keep silent knowing as we all know that she is guilty as sin and will not come forward and tell the truth? Didn't CA make a reference to KM during the "tickle" along the lines...If you don't get it done I will get somebody that will... referring to another hit.

My opinion? She's full of pride. No matter what she does not want to admit she was involved in something as horrendous as this. And hubris. She totally thinks she can get off.

"Sociopath. No sense of guilt, no empathy, hypersensitivity to criticism, pathological liar. Narcissistic Sociopath. High-Functioning Sociopath.” “The ease with which she lies is really disturbing." – Jeffrey Lacasse on Wendi
video is now private did anyone record it? I always miss everything-pouting

In the "original" video he had labeled the text at the very end as Wendi's Text day of the murder (my heart stopped LOL). It was actually the text to Dan from the School of Sciences and Arts. He edited the video to correct. He said it was labeled that way when he received it from the court records.

It just proves his point how complex it must be to handle and keep up with all the evidence at trial. Kudos to GC and the prosecution team. I still think she did an outstanding job and was never going to win with that one juror.

I am thrilled MentourLawyer is keeping the case conversation active. This is one of the cases I have been waiting years for.

I think I am actually caught up LOL now that the trial is over.
your post gave me a flashback to my days of paralegal-eagle for the two ambulance chasers. This is an example of how money talks but in a way I was ashmed of and still feel guilty for the clients of these creeps who were so lazy you could just see it all over them. The main guy I worked for would send out 1 letter that said: " If you have any witnesses, in this case, bring them with you to court". Well, I hit the ceiling when I read the 1st one arguing with them how in the hell can you represent these people when you don't even know what these "witnesses" are going to say? I'm sure you could see the steam billowing from my ears. I was all into the law and doing a good job for the accused in those youthful days. Anyway, I tried to devise a plan to call them in ahead of time and develop a chart to note what each one had to offer as testimony but all I got was flack and complaints that they were not getting paid so why bother. It really does make a difference if you have money and a lot of their cases like 95% were all court-appointed. makes me sick now to look back on that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper