GUILTY FL - Dan Markel, 41, FSU Law Professor, Tallahassee, 18 July 2014 *arrests* #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you! Hopefully the prosecutors will listen to this and do a better job with KM's phone records/pings in the next trial.
Don't say "Hopefully "- sent your thoughts to Leon cty. Florida as in here :
"Robert Lee Florida Att. office" <Robert.Lee@myfloridalegal.com>

This is a minor official of some sort , but a lawyer who works in the SA 's office. I am sure he will be glad to receive some fan mail.

if you look around, you can also find Jack Campbell's email address - he is the chief of all prosecutors in Leon Cty including of course G. Cappelman.

Kidon G

Thanks for the link to the podcast linked and mentioned above. Just listened to it on my computer (can listen to on computer, don't have to have Apple stuff). https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/over-my-dead-body/id1447892344?i=1000525556043

I would agree with one specific change that the prosecution needs to make next go around as I was VERY KEEN on this potential issue and cringing about it during the trail.

Most jurors do NOT KNOW that some things (such as the cell tower maps they did for demonstration) are for ONLY during the trial. They are created just for visual/demonstrative purposes, and the jurors can only have the raw data from the cell provider.

Those maps were key. And perhaps so complex that jurors thought those visuals would be later available (she even refers to "we didn't get all the evidence we saw" @30:50 in the podcast...all the evidence wasn't available in the jury room)

Next go around, the prosecution needs to hammer again and again and again, and for good measure once more, that what they are seeing is an expert interpretation of the cell pings raw data from Katy and Sigfredo especially, and that what they are showing (each and every time they do it... and give time for jurors to take MORE notes on such!) will not be available in the jury room.

She said that is where they hung for the two folks that hung the jury, as those two said there was "no evidence" that she picked up the money from Charlie and was traveling to Sigfredo as !!!! *thud* @35:05 She said "we didn't have them in our jury room, so our notes .. we had to rely on our notes, and our notes .. those people didn't feel like the notes were adequate they wanted the demonstrative and we couldn't get our hands on it, we asked for it and they said no."

Hint hint hint and for good measure for those that weren't listening the first three times.

MOO

ETA: Was also interesting her discussion as to folks who testified, and how they may be in danger ( a la if the family was willing to put a hit on the parent of their grandchild, that they wouldn't hesitate to do such for a witness. And also that this juror wrote a letter saying such to not let out Katie during COVID for that as one reason..)

MOO that the podcaster used her first name at the end, and has still to this day not edited it out as she clearly stated she wanted to remain anonymous, rubbed me the wrong way

Last edited:
Main reason for not giving KM any sort of parole is that she is a citizen of the Philippines by birth . Have you go any idea of how many people live in the Philips ? And she is related to quite a few of them. The Markels had a NY lawyer write a "Don't Do it letter " to the Judge at the time that parole was discussed .

(I think that text of that is avail on the Justice for Dan facebook site ) . The lawyer's name is Orin Snyder (Park Ave NY too - must cost a small car per hr to hire this bgger). Oren is pine tree in Hebrew in case you were asleep that day in hebrew school 101 :)) with the e not i - could be that Orin is trying to pass. :).

BUt it would be awful convenient of Katie's car go stuck on dem railway lines - just as the Central Texas Freight was barrelling through. End of trial almost. The crusty old judge has probably seen that before - after all it is Florida we's all talk'n about here.

KG - talk'n Cajun style for a change.

Thanks for the link to the podcast linked and mentioned above. Just listened to it on my computer (can listen to on computer, don't have to have Apple stuff). ‎Over My Dead Body: Tally: Markel Murder Trial Update #5: The Juror on Apple Podcasts

I would agree with one specific change that the prosecution needs to make next go around as I was VERY KEEN on this potential issue and cringing about it during the trail.

Most jurors do NOT KNOW that some things (such as the cell tower maps they did for demonstration) are for ONLY during the trial. They are created just for visual/demonstrative purposes, and the jurors can only have the raw data from the cell provider.

Those maps were key. And perhaps so complex that jurors thought those visuals would be later available (she even refers to "we didn't get all the evidence we saw" @30:50 in the podcast...all the evidence wasn't available in the jury room)

Next go around, the prosecution needs to hammer again and again and again, and for good measure once more, that what they are seeing is an expert interpretation of the cell pings raw data from Katy and Sigfredo especially, and that what they are showing (each and every time they do it... and give time for jurors to take MORE notes on such!) will not be available in the jury room.

She said that is where they hung for the two folks that hung the jury, as those two said there was "no evidence" that she picked up the money from Charlie and was traveling to Sigfredo as !!!! *thud* @35:05 She said "we didn't have them in our jury room, so our notes .. we had to rely on our notes, and our notes .. those people didn't feel like the notes were adequate they wanted the demonstrative and we couldn't get our hands on it, we asked for it and they said no."

Hint hint hint and for good measure for those that weren't listening the first three times.

MOO

ETA: Was also interesting her discussion as to folks who testified, and how they may be in danger ( a la if the family was willing to put a hit on the parent of their grandchild, that they wouldn't hesitate to do such for a witness. And also that this juror wrote a letter saying such to not let out Katie during COVID for that as one reason..)

MOO that the podcaster used her first name at the end, and has still to this day not edited it out as she clearly stated she wanted to remain anonymous, rubbed me the wrong way
MEntour lawyer did an exit interview as it were with one of the jurors too... he is facing some heat with the legal standards people in FL over it as a breech of ethics on this one and he has a few other legal fires to fight on other matters I believe . for me it is a bit risky for a member of the bar to be conducting such interviews in the case of a trial which is still a work on progress but old James W does not give a rat's *advertiser censored* about that sort of etiquette. He might be playing with fire.

KG

NO exitement Here. Mentour Lawyer aka Florida man from CA. reported this was going to boil over about four , five weeks back. Here's the funny bit: -
"In one of the letters sent to Kawass from Rayborn, he claims the prosecution held up color-coded folders while Rivera testified to remind him what to say. The letter also reads "Rivera told me and other inmates countless times that Katie never truly was involved." "

Lots of lawyers use say white and black bound folders to keep notes and testimony in sequence. Rayborn or Kawass has to show WHERE LR changed his testimony or even style as result of one of these signals during the trial.

Rayborn has a criminal record in FL of about ten counts all mostly theft and dishonesty, misuse of credit cards and so on going back to about the time he was 18. Now he is facing a dual murder charge where there are no other suspects. He's hoping to either piss Capplemen off greatly before he gets a death sentence or even to cut a deal where he gets to give perjured testimony in return for a life in jail sentence for the double murder he is accused of. He's such a nutter that his first defense team walked out on him. Now he has some court appointed hack .

The fact that Kawass would even consider taking such a route using testimony from a convicted liar and felon shows how desperate she is for some fabricated fable that will drag herrings all over the court room.

Kawass filed ages back that she was going to do this. Because she must be a nutter too (like Cole -R).. or just trying to confuse the jury so much that there will be another hung verdict. Classy stuff.

Kidon G

NO exitement Here. Mentour Lawyer aka Florida man from CA. reported this was going to boil over about four , five weeks back. Here's the funny bit: -
"In one of the letters sent to Kawass from Rayborn, he claims the prosecution held up color-coded folders while Rivera testified to remind him what to say. The letter also reads "Rivera told me and other inmates countless times that Katie never truly was involved." "

Lots of lawyers use say white and black bound folders to keep notes and testimony in sequence. Rayborn has to show WHERE LR changed is testimony or even style as result of one of these signals during the trial.

Rayborn has a criminal record in FL of about ten counts all mostly theft and dishonesty, misuse of credit cards and so on going back to about the time he was 18. Now he is facing a dual murder charge where there are no other suspects. He's hoping to either piss Capplemen off greatly before he gets a death sentence or even to cut a deal where he gets to give perjured testimony in return for a life in jail sentence for the double murder he is accused of. He's such a nutter that his first defense team walked out on him. Now he has some court appointed hack .

The fact that Kawass would even consider taking such a route using testimony from a convicted liar and felon shows how desperate she is for some fabricated fable that will drag herrings all over the court room.

Kawass filed ages back that she was going to do this. Because she must be a nutter too (like Cole -R).. or just trying to confuse the jury so much that there will be another hung verdict. Classy stuff.

Kidon G
Oh wow. Well that makes me feel better anyways! LOL

Prosecutors have added Ramzi Nader as a potential witness. He's the owner of Fate Nightclub where KT worked. Looks like they are going to try and poke holes in KT's story concerning her income.
I wonder where CA was planning on coming up with 100K in cash to make the payoff? Didn't someone testify they got 40K cash in a bag or was it 60? Been too long I can't remember. Just paying KM at 450 a week or whatever the agreement was is not going to cut it. CA needs some major cash so unless he has been saving for many years slowly extracting wads of moola a large piece of evidence is waiting to be discovered... Surely LE has checked into this. I have been very impressed with the work they have done so far, this particular group is just a slippery fish that needs to be caught.... GODSPEED TO THEM

I wonder where CA was planning on coming up with 100K in cash to make the payoff? Didn't someone testify they got 40K cash in a bag or was it 60? Been too long I can't remember. Just paying KM at 450 a week or whatever the agreement was is not going to cut it. CA needs some major cash so unless he has been saving for many years slowly extracting wads of moola a large piece of evidence is waiting to be discovered... Surely LE has checked into this. I have been very impressed with the work they have done so far, this particular group is just a slippery fish that needs to be caught.... GODSPEED TO THEM
It seems that Luis R was paid 37 thousand and $63K was paid to the SG and KM pair. But you won't find this on any tax returns - it is all basically on LR's say so. What the police of course found was immediate spending on motorcycles and cars by LR and SG with money they really could not account for .

This sort of hire fee for the hit men is not inconsistent with other hired killings reported on the internet. Certainly I would expect the amount to be at least $60 K even if only two persons were involved because of the nature of the target person and the high risk of being caught via aggressive Law enforcement action.

Many small professionals (at least in Australia ) give discounts for prompt payment and even further discounts for cash payment as that means cheques cannot bounce. (Chqs are very old style of course ). Thusly considerable amounts of income from both Harvey and Charlie's work could be squirreled away over time. The family also has extensive RE holdings which of course are producing rental income. How this income was collected is an interesting question.

at this point I do not understand why KM has just not spilled the beans? Is the deal off the table or is she more afraid of what would happen to her if she did talk?
It is not what could happen to her but what could happen to her two kids on the outside. Moreover there are persistent rumours that the Adelsons may be supporting those kids. If such support is via cash payments made to intermediate parties they will be hell of a difficult to find and well... it is philanthropy - nothing in the law books stops that.

Now T Kawass is trying to go for a form of defense that CJA contracted directly with SG and Katherine M had not a clue what was going on... Kawass will have to sell the jury a major county bridge before she manages to push that theory through. With this lastest defense tactic, KM cannot be offered a deal because the legend is that she knows nothing so she has nothing to offer. My guess is that the Adels have signed off on this BS. Because Kawass is implicating CJAdel in the Moyder even more in this approach.

I'd love to see the telephone cell tower dumps that show all the cell phone calls that CJA made to Siggy G- because they are going to be VERY hard to find except in a parallel universe.

all the best Kidon Gadol.

Court Cam Presents Under Oath
S1 E5
Katie Magbanua
41m | 2021 | TV-14 | CC
A beloved college professor is executed in Tallahassee, Florida and the suspects include a mother with two children, a violent gang member and a family of wealthy dentists. The investigation leads to murder charges against a trio from Miami, who allegedly conspired with the victim's own family, in a hitman for hire scheme. In a risky move, the woman who allegedly connected the killers to the people prosecutors say paid for the murder decides to take the stand in her own defense.

Katie Magbanua | A&E

Court Cam Presents Under Oath
S1 E5
Katie Magbanua
41m | 2021 | TV-14 | CC
A beloved college professor is executed in Tallahassee, Florida and the suspects include a mother with two children, a violent gang member and a family of wealthy dentists. The investigation leads to murder charges against a trio from Miami, who allegedly conspired with the victim's own family, in a hitman for hire scheme. In a risky move, the woman who allegedly connected the killers to the people prosecutors say paid for the murder decides to take the stand in her own defense.

Katie Magbanua | A&E

thank you….I’m actually in the middle of watching this episode now (seems like a pretty decent show, too, I like the concept of following this side of trials)
I’m eager to see what the rest of the episode shows….since it mentions KM giving her first media interview! Will report back if anything noteworthy, ha

This episode is reminding me how much I disliked Wendi and her testimony. Even when asked if she had a limited use immunity agreement she smiles and laughs “the State isn’t going to arrest me”….
I still can’t believe they had to give her that in order to get evidence against KM and Garcia. I just couldn’t believe that - that someone who likely had a bigger role in all of this - was likely going to get away without facing any shred of responsibility and accountability (referring to Wendi, not KM if that’s not clear already)

I guess sometimes the justice system is not just. Sigh.

Re: Court Cam Presents Under Oath - I wish that the Producers/Dan Abrams would have asked KM's nauseatingly sanctimonious and vociferous attorneys one simple and obvious question - WHO IS PAYING YOU?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1