GUILTY FL - Dan Markel, 41, FSU Law Professor, Tallahassee, 18 July 2014 *arrests* #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
@dizzychick beyond bizarre. It just watched the "long WA interview" posted by ML. All I could focus on was that OWL shirt. I don't think I would have even noticed without you pointing it out. WA's little inside joke? We have bulleit, two owls, tree hitting house and enough TV's references to fill a penthouse.
And don't forget I think it was LR who posted an owl to instagram or something.

But she asked them in the interview how they knew where she was. She was surprised to see them there at the restaurant.
Yes, I was listening now and just heard her ask the victim advocate about it and the advocate said she didn't know how they knew where she was .... She did seem taken aback by them showing up at the restaurant and also at them towing her car to the station. Still listening...it's so long...

Yes, I was listening now and just heard her ask the victim advocate about it and the advocate said she didn't know how they knew where she was .... She did seem taken aback by them showing up at the restaurant and also at them towing her car to the station. Still listening...it's so long...
It is so long and impossible to catch everything. I did watch at 1.5 speed the second go around and it sounded good not weird. I have never changed the settings like that before.

It does show they considered her a suspect from the get go (which is normal), they knew she would be there awhile and they wanted inside that car. But her surprise is surprising. She is a lawyer. If involved she really underestimated their thoroughness. DA certainly did, considers Tallahassee a hick town where Judges can be swayed by religion. All these years though and WA is never mentioned by Cappelman or TPD like the others. Only that she lawyered up and became un-cooperative.

I wonder if its about this post on the Justice for Dan FB page. A certifiable level 25 whack-a-doo.

It is my speculation that a woman wrote this redacted post because of her choice of certain words. Either the author is a nuts seeking attention ... or, this post has a potential to bring about new evidences. Especially, if the mentioned Eric Mejas is an actual person who has been involved, possibly another Latin King, there is the potential of new development for the law enforcement agencies, especially the FBI, to work on. I wonder how is the built of this Eric Majas? Any picture? On the witness stand, a Sigfredo Garcia third round trip Miami-Tallahassee was evoked whereas his acolyte was someone else but Luis Rivera. Could that third person be this Eric Mejas?

I wonder is they ever take DNA from those.
I bet they do.

Dotr's post calling them little grief trophies still cracks me up!

I never really see the tears flow but my vision is not great; maybe towards the end there are tears but I think she is trying to mimic her friends reaction. Just a lot of snot sounds and nose blowing.

The talking to herself seemed stupid to me almost every time when left alone....is that a real thing? I do talk to my dog all the time but he understands and listens and I swear sometimes he answers.;)

It is my speculation that a woman wrote this redacted post because of her choice of certain words. Either the author is a nuts seeking attention ... or, this post has a potential to bring about new evidences. Especially, if the mentioned Eric Mejas is an actual person who has been involved, possibly another Latin King, there is the potential of new development for the law enforcement agencies, especially the FBI, to work on. I wonder how is the built of this Eric Majas? Any picture? On the witness stand, a Sigfredo Garcia third round trip Miami-Tallahassee was evoked whereas his acolyte was someone else but Luis Rivera. Could that third person be this Eric Mejas?
I am pretty sure it is a MAN. There is a facebook page called world for harmony. It seems he has suffered some trauma in his life. He does have a picture that looks like Sigfredo Garcia in his alley and a police report if you can believe it is not fake (it looks real). This page is actually pretty well organized and he is not dumb, very well written....he claims he was drugged and held hostage by this gang. He is referencing real people with pictures.

ETA: to be clear I think he is just seeking attention

Last edited:
But it just seems she was more worried about the wrong things.
She gave so much unnecessary information. I don’t know if that was nerves or what. If that was me and my ex was shot, I wouldn’t be giggling and offering up receipts.
I agree about the unnecessary info. I haven't listened to the whole thing yet, nice to see the expanded version. That said, she repeats her points all the time. Or, says it once, and then re-frames. To much detail, it almost seems like she has a story to get through, padding up her answers to the questions. Almost like red herrings.

Well said. People who seethe with perceived injustice and who are prone to hate never seem able to turn that tap off -- I have some colleagues of that type (ah, academia) and they are incapable of standing aside even when those they hate are clearly vulnerable or in danger.

She may or may not have known it would happen, but she absolutely knew it HAD happened, and still couldn't help herself. Deeply odd behaviour, and I wouldn't hire her to plunge my loo, even if I thought she could do it properly.

FWIW, I suspect she knew that CA's boast about the hitman was more than a boast, and the family kept her just far enough away from it that she had plausible deniability.
That has always bothered me. Suppose for a moment none of the Adelsons were involved. I still wouldn't offer up that little joke my brother made. This woman is an attorney, the brother is a dentist. They are not morons. Why would you offer that up. Unless this is part of her game theory if they were involved. (she did study game theory). If you say something so damning to you or your family while being interviewed, then you must be innocent (or not involved) because no one in their right mind would.

It does show they considered her a suspect from the get go (which is normal), they knew she would be there awhile and they wanted inside that car. But her surprise is surprising. She is a lawyer. If involved she really underestimated their thoroughness. DA certainly did, considers Tallahassee a hick town where Judges can be swayed by religion. All these years though and WA is never mentioned by Cappelman or TPD like the others. Only that she lawyered up and became un-cooperative.
Yeah not just the surprise, but asking the detective if she should have someone there or be talking to them. She should no the answer to that one. I think that is lawyer 101. I don't think I would ever hand over my phone with out a court order, or they would have to arrest me.

I bet they do.

Dotr's post calling them little grief trophies still cracks me up!

I never really see the tears flow but my vision is not great; maybe towards the end there are tears but I think she is trying to mimic her friends reaction. Just a lot of snot sounds and nose blowing.

The talking to herself seemed stupid to me almost every time when left alone....is that a real thing? I do talk to my dog all the time but he understands and listens and I swear sometimes he answers.;)
She has got to know she is on camera. Should of done a more dramatic job when he steps out.

I agree about the unnecessary info. I haven't listened to the whole thing yet, nice to see the expanded version. That said, she repeats her points all the time. Or, says it once, and then re-frames. To much detail, it almost seems like she has a story to get through, padding up her answers to the questions. Almost like red herrings.
Agree I think she had pre-planned agenda going in there, certain things she wants / needs to say but she is caught off guard by their thoroughness and even them locating her so quickly. It threw her off if involved and her timing is off/weird in the things she does mention.
That has always bothered me. Suppose for a moment none of the Adelsons were involved. I still wouldn't offer up that little joke my brother made. This woman is an attorney, the brother is a dentist. They are not morons. Why would you offer that up. Unless this is part of her game theory if they were involved. (she did study game theory). If you say something so damning to you or your family while being interviewed, then you must be innocent (or not involved) because no one in their right mind would.
I remember someone saying she studied game theory. She offers it up, better for her to do it now than LE finding it out from Lacassee, she knows she has told him this recently. I always wonder if she told him purposefully so when he became a suspect it would appear he was the crazy one thinking it was NOT a joke and hoping LE would think that this planted the seed in his mind to commit this murder.

ETA: and so stupid to tell LE Charlie has a police car RED FLAG to LE, many people have used similar looking cars to pull people over. She really really pointed LE CA's way. She is trying to use this quirk to back up the Joke.

Last edited:
Deleted by me

Need to check my facts first before posting

Last edited:
Agree I think she had pre-planned agenda going in there, certain things she wants / needs to say but she is caught off guard by their thoroughness and even them locating her so quickly. It threw her off if involved and her timing is off/weird in the things she does mention.

I remember someone saying she studied game theory. She offers it up, better for her to do it now than LE finding it out from Lacassee, she knows she has told him this recently. I always wonder if she told him purposefully so when he became a suspect it would appear he was the crazy one thinking it was NOT a joke and hoping LE would think that this planted the seed in his mind to commit this murder.

ETA: and so stupid to tell LE Charlie has a police car RED FLAG to LE, many people have used similar looking cars to pull people over. She really really pointed LE CA's way. She is trying to use this quirk to back up the Joke.

She was very strange in her jokes about the TV and Charlie. Even if that is true, why bring it up. She appears to be thinking out loud, but I believe it’s an act or she’s nervous and overwhelmed and the only information she’s worried about retaining is her “story” or alibi. So, she repeats the tv repair with detail, the liquor store, with detail. Fails to ask specific questions about who, what, when and how someone shot Dan.

And I also agree with you about the cop car. Why on earth would she say such things to the officer about her brother?? Just seems odd and I honestly think she was spinning because they caught her off guard by bringing her in for questioning so quickly. She likely thought she would find out later.

She was very strange in her jokes about the TV and Charlie. Even if that is true, why bring it up. She appears to be thinking out loud, but I believe it’s an act or she’s nervous and overwhelmed and the only information she’s worried about retaining is her “story” or alibi. So, she repeats the tv repair with detail, the liquor store, with detail. Fails to ask specific questions about who, what, when and how someone shot Dan.

And I also agree with you about the cop car. Why on earth would she say such things to the officer about her brother?? Just seems odd and I honestly think she was spinning because they caught her off guard by bringing her in for questioning so quickly. She likely thought she would find out later.
Completely agree. She knew ahead of time, IMO.

Well said. People who seethe with perceived injustice and who are prone to hate never seem able to turn that tap off -- I have some colleagues of that type (ah, academia) and they are incapable of standing aside even when those they hate are clearly vulnerable or in danger.

She may or may not have known it would happen, but she absolutely knew it HAD happened, and still couldn't help herself. Deeply odd behaviour, and I wouldn't hire her to plunge my loo, even if I thought she could do it properly.

FWIW, I suspect she knew that CA's boast about the hitman was more than a boast, and the family kept her just far enough away from it that she had plausible deniability.
I believe there is no she may knew about it and is a major part of the conspiracy and the only one on scene and is the key element in order to release the $1ook to KM/SG/LR. when the latter two arrive back in the Miami area. That may have been the true reason she made the phone call to DA. They didn't care about DM at all. They had a hit on him. IMO.

I'm only about an hour and a half into this video (keep having to pause for my actual life) and I have to say....a jury would not find Wendi unbelievable. I'm not even sure I do. Do I think she knew AFTER the fact and now? 100% absolutely, no doubt. I'm just not convinced she knows at this juncture. For one thing she repeatedly blabbers on about how Danny would never kill himself so someone had to have done this. She seems pretty genuine about that. I don't know. I'm having mixed feelings now about whether she knew this was gonna actually happen.

I am open to reminders of how she must have known!
Who benefits? No coincidence in this particular case. Hopefully KM will bring her down some day. WA's only mistake in her perfect murder scenario. IMO

Last edited:
I don’t want to watch this because I feel like it’s just going to make me upset that she wasn’t called as a witness in the trial...
The first video was more upsetting. This one not so much. You're good to watch.:)

In the first interview posted (the telephone one) she did contradict Luis saying he was in the house when KM and SG were there. She says he came after they left; I think it is just a memory issue.

I still don't understand why she was not called. The contradiction and the fact she looked up information on the case after the probable cause document was released? Most people would. She did provide a lot of insight to how KM's attitude changed in distancing herself in their friendship. Maybe there are calls between her and LR with him reminding her of events?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper