GUILTY FL - Dan Markel, 41, FSU Law Professor, Tallahassee, 18 July 2014 *arrests* #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Doesnt solicitation always involve premeditation? I’m sorry, I wasn’t paying attention to the jury instructions. Seems strange that you could be convicted of conspiracy to commit murder, and solicitation of murder, but not the murder itself. I mean, as long as the murder did happen. What makes it murder as opposed to just solicitation?

Doesnt solicitation always involve premeditation? I’m sorry, I wasn’t paying attention to the jury instructions. Seems strange that you could be convicted of conspiracy to commit murder, and solicitation of murder, but not the murder itself. I mean, as long as the murder did happen. What makes it murder as opposed to just solicitation?
I agree, I just think that maybe they think that Charlie is the solicitor, not Katie. Maybe that’s why they wanted to listen to the tape again? I’m just thinking of scenarios to make myself feel better because I’m so nervous she’s going to walk…

I agree but maybe it’s the solicitation charge? I could see how they might think she’s not guilty of that one. I do… but I could see how others could struggle with that charge.
It has to be first degree, right? They drove hours to kill Dan, twice if not three times. It was as premeditated as it gets.
Agree. But I think the only charge against her that carries a mandatory life sentence is first degree murder. I'm just surprised they gave the jury the option of the lesser includeds on that charge because they don't fit the case.

Agree. But I think the only charge against her that carries a mandatory life sentence is first degree murder. I'm just surprised they gave the jury the option of the lesser includeds on that charge because they don't fit the case.
Right?! Like it is or it isn’t in this case. It’s not a manslaughter situation at all!

ok, I could be wrong but I think solicitation and conspiracy do not have to result in an actual killing to be charged. If the cops find out about it and stop it before the murder, the charges can go forward. Obviously for a murder charge there has to be a death.

KM found
GUILTY of 1st Degree Murder
- GUILTY of Conspiracy to Commit Murder
- GUILTY of Solicitation to Commit Murder

Defense team looks visibly, visibly upset. Forget what she has now been convicted of, they fought hard for her. KM was crying before the verdict and sobbing as it was read.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member