GUILTY FL - Dan Markel, 41, FSU Law Professor, Tallahassee, 18 July 2014 *arrests* #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It must be a very emotional day for the Markel’s. My heart goes out to them. I’m so happy for them, but it’s also bittersweet. It doesn’t change that Dan is gone, but at least another person who causesd his death is away behind bars. Will KM get life?

Again - no matter her being convicted guilty, I find it pretty hard to watch defense attorneys who were (and are) so invested in their client, who fought so hard for her, seeing them too so emotionally affected by this. I will never be an attorney so I can only begin to imagine what something like that may feel like, not only someone else entrusting their life and freedom and fighting for it but also them entrusting a jury of your peers to decide that fate.

Our justice system is really quite something when it works. As always I love reading insight and perspectives of others following the same case; I was a bit unsure of the “intent” that KM had in regards to charges but I’m not on the jury. I’m also still angry that Wendi got any form of use immunity because I don’t see what she offered them - especially recently - if they only finally arrested CA several weeks ago. (Yes we’ve talked about the recording and that evidence and the delay it took to create the enhanced version and all of that so who knows.) I think Dan would still be here if not for Wendi wanting him out of her life at any and all costs, and we’ve seen in this case justice can work albeit sometimes very slowly…so maybe her day in Court is to come.

Kawass was crying but who has been paying her legal fees??? Why didn't Kawass tell KM to take the plea deal, sing, and walk free, years ago??? What kind of lawyer turns down a get out of jail free card? And WHY? I'd like to see the Florida Bar investigate Kawass, DeCoste, and Markus and their handling of this case!

Last edited:
Again - no matter her being convicted guilty, I find it pretty hard to watch defense attorneys who were (and are) so invested in their client, who fought so hard for her, seeing them too so emotionally affected by this. I will never be an attorney so I can only begin to imagine what something like that may feel like, not only someone else entrusting their life and freedom and fighting for it but also them entrusting a jury of your peers to decide that fate.

Our justice system is really quite something when it works. As always I love reading insight and perspectives of others following the same case; I was a bit unsure of the “intent” that KM had in regards to charges but I’m not on the jury. I’m also still angry that Wendi got any form of use immunity because I don’t see what she offered them - especially recently - if they only finally arrested CA several weeks ago. (Yes we’ve talked about the recording and that evidence and the delay it took to create the enhanced version and all of that so who knows.) I think Dan would still be here if not for Wendi wanting him out of her life at any and all costs, and we’ve seen in this case justice can work albeit sometimes very slowly…so maybe her day in Court is to come.
IMO WA's testimony set the stage for the whole thing -- motive, the family dynamics, the day of the murder.... a real life Adelson for the jury to see. The use immunity was automatic -- it's the only way she would testify (not plead the 5th). The State can still charge WA if it chooses to and has sufficient evidence. I don't think the State lost anything at all in calling her. JMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3