GUILTY FL - Dan Markel, 41, FSU Law Professor, Tallahassee, 18 July 2014 *arrests* #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting timing of CA back injury per his insurance lawsuit, he claims he injured his lower back while on vacation in 2016 (no details as to how in the document above), limited his practice on doctors orders (as his periodontist work involves standing/moving), and mentions September 2016…who was arrested right about then and what story blew up in the media right about then…?

There are huge psychological factors at play here and as much as I hope fervently the boys will be able to "find out what really happened" I'm not terribly optimistic given the mother and grandmother that have been indoctrinating them for years. I ran across this article discussing OJ's kids and whether they believe he is guilty of killing their mom. The evidence of the Juice's guilt is so overwhelming (hello Bruno Magli shoes). Nevertheless, it appears both older kids firmly believe in their father's innocence and if Sydney's ex-boyfriend is to be believed, she doesn't accept his guilt either.

I personally went through a bitter divorce with a young son whose mother did a number of truly despicable things hoping to turn him against me. He was under enormous pressure and eventually took his own life leaving a note that broke my heart. It gave me an appreciation of how much a mother can screw up a child. Unless the boys break away from their mother/grandmother emotionally, I expect the facts and evidence will be much less important to them than maintaining the approval and affection of WA and DA.
I am so sorry that that happened to you vislaw and for the loss of your son. I can’t imagine how difficult that has been for you. There are some very manipulative, very evil individuals out there.

Interesting timing of CA back injury per his insurance lawsuit, he claims he injured his lower back while on vacation in 2016 (no details as to how in the document above), limited his practice on doctors orders (as his periodontist work involves standing/moving), and mentions September 2016…who was arrested right about then and what story blew up in the media right about then…?
Garcia was arrested 5/25/16, Magbanua arrested in Oct. 2016 & Rivera took a plea deal in Oct. 2016.

CA didn't get an insurance pay out in the end, (for his back), did he?

Dentistry is hard on backs and necks. That said, I perform almost no procedures standing up, bent over patients. I can't see why any dentist would.

Dentistry is hard on backs and necks. That said, I perform almost no procedures standing up, bent over patients. I can't see why any dentist would.
CA's disability claim was denied which led CA to file his federal lawsuit, Charles Adelson v. Berkshire Life Insurance, in December 30 , 2020, against the insurance company. That lawsuit is still pending. Of course, Defendant Berkshire's case got a whole lot better when the Plaintiff was arrested and thrown into jail for murder.

Yes--this family thinks they can talk their way out of anything. I don't think he stands a chance with this lawsuit. He did not provide the necessary financial records or treatment records to the insurance company, but skipped straight to suing them. He also claims he injured it randomly in a taxi--how convenient--he can't trace it to a hotel or other establishment they might direct him to sue. Some random taxi which wasn't even in an accident.

Also this occurred around the time he was bragging to that random woman he was trying to get to be his baby-mama about body surfing in huge waves and buying a tiny go-cart to start racing and training to be a professional. It's all out there. He doesn't not stand a chance winning against this company, but he sure is trying.

I don't think he has and this lawsuit is still in process. Not sure how that happens while he's in jail.

Garcia was arrested 5/25/16, Magbanua arrested in Oct. 2016 & Rivera took a plea deal in Oct. 2016.
yeah the attorney for the insurance company is confronting him all over the place about this sequence of events--and Charlie is taking the fifth on all those questions. He did say two doctors explicitly said they wouldn't work with him because of the publicity over DM's murder. But claims they were the only ones--even if he doesn't know why others terminated working with him (not his back pain), he seems to know it was not over those issues. Sounds like he lost a lot of business over the publicity. Well, duh!

Also, of interest, is lots of questions about him buying his Dad's practice, then selling it back to him again in 2016 I think. It's my suspicion that these transactions are at least one place where the Adelson family reimbursed him for his stapled Benjamins for the murder. I mean they had to contribute, right?

yeah the attorney for the insurance company is confronting him all over the place about this sequence of events--and Charlie is taking the fifth on all those questions. He did say two doctors explicitly said they wouldn't work with him because of the publicity over DM's murder. But claims they were the only ones--even if he doesn't know why others terminated working with him (not his back pain), he seems to know it was not over those issues. Sounds like he lost a lot of business over the publicity. Well, duh!

Also, of interest, is lots of questions about him buying his Dad's practice, then selling it back to him again in 2016 I think. It's my suspicion that these transactions are at least one place where the Adelson family reimbursed him for his stapled Benjamins for the murder. I mean they had to contribute, right?
the murder for hire reimbursement, if there was one, was pennies to this family. i am sure if there was an actual reimbursement, it was a cash transaction. speaking of cash, did they exercise a search warrant at Charlie's house when he was arrested and if so, did they find his cash-stash?

the murder for hire reimbursement, if there was one, was pennies to this family. i am sure if there was an actual reimbursement, it was a cash transaction. speaking of cash, did they exercise a search warrant at Charlie's house when he was arrested and if so, did they find his cash-stash?
All I can see from the news reports is he was arrested in Sth FL (read Miami) and then transported. It does not say where he was when arrested. Given he is known to pack a gun from time to time it would be safest to pick him up on the street .

2. if you look at thread 11 I think it is - I did a break down of a supposed Land sale that is detailed on the Broward county RE transaction site. Basically CJA sold his parents ( as a trust entity ) on paper some land. It was on a 30 year mortgage which is ridiculous considering Harvey's age. there was a deposit paid - something of order $150K and the rest of the money was to be by installments. Well about 12-16 months after it was set up, there's a note to say that the mortgage is satisfied. It's weird and very suspicious
I attach a typical file - go look in the thread if you want the rest. Note that the dates are around 2020 . So it may be a scam to get around some sort of Gift duty in FL ?? I hope someone with FL legal experience can comment on that - a way to get money from the family coffers to CA and not related to the 2014 murder .

OR Donna might have intended to pay CA back in say 2016 or so, just to be safe and then in April 2016 there was the Bump operation ... there's no way to tell why the RE transaction it taking place .
If it could be proved that these transactions took place just to avoid some sort of FL tax then it could get hot for Donna and Harvey if the FL tax people showed some interest (make my day). To start with - is the title for the land still in CA's name or has it reverted to being CA's name after a short time ?? - that's an immediate red flag.

Attachments

• TransferPropertyRiversidePkCJA650K_instrnbr116664811.JPG
    TransferPropertyRiversidePkCJA650K_instrnbr116664811.JPG
    62.1 KB · Views: 24
All I can see from the news reports is he was arrested in Sth FL (read Miami) and then transported. It does not say where he was when arrested. Given he is known to pack a gun from time to time it would be safest to pick him up on the street .

The 45-year-old was taken into custody "without incident" Thursday morning at his home by the FBI.

Good basic information, especially when widely reported and easily accessible, leads to speculation that is more useful.

Jeffrey Burlew @JeffBurlew

Miami lawyers David Markus & Todd Yoder file official notices that they're representing former Tallahassee Mayor Andrew Gillum in his federal public corruption case. Gillum is accused of illegally soliciting & pocketing donations to his 2018 campaign for Florida governor.

1:34 PM · Jul 11, 2022·Twitter Web App

2. if you look at thread 11 I think it is - I did a break down of a supposed Land sale that is detailed on the Broward county RE transaction site. Basically CJA sold his parents ( as a trust entity ) on paper some land. It was on a 30 year mortgage which is ridiculous considering Harvey's age. there was a deposit paid - something of order $150K and the rest of the money was to be by installments. Well about 12-16 months after it was set up, there's a note to say that the mortgage is satisfied. It's weird and very suspicious
I attach a typical file - go look in the thread if you want the rest. Note that the dates are around 2020 . So it may be a scam to get around some sort of Gift duty in FL ?? I hope someone with FL legal experience can comment on that - a way to get money from the family coffers to CA and not related to the 2014 murder .

OR Donna might have intended to pay CA back in say 2016 or so, just to be safe and then in April 2016 there was the Bump operation ... there's no way to tell why the RE transaction it taking place .
If it could be proved that these transactions took place just to avoid some sort of FL tax then it could get hot for Donna and Harvey if the FL tax people showed some interest (make my day). To start with - is the title for the land still in CA's name or has it reverted to being CA's name after a short time ?? - that's an immediate red flag.
I don't know if this is the motive for the sale, but putting assets in a trust removes them entirely from ownership of anyone but the trust. CA no longer owns the land, and neither do his parents -- the trust owns it, and his parents control the trust. Therefore, if he is trying to shelter assets because he knows (for example) that his legal bills could cause him to have to declare bankruptcy, moving the land to a trust would be one way to shelter it from needing to be sold to satisfy his creditors.

I don't know if this is the motive for the sale, but putting assets in a trust removes them entirely from ownership of anyone but the trust. CA no longer owns the land, and neither do his parents -- the trust owns it, and his parents control the trust. Therefore, if he is trying to shelter assets because he knows (for example) that his legal bills could cause him to have to declare bankruptcy, moving the land to a trust would be one way to shelter it from needing to be sold to satisfy his creditors.
Possibly fraudulent conveyance -

A debtor’s conveyance is not immune from fraudulent conveyance issues just because no creditor has obtained a judgment or filed a lawsuit.

CA was arrested "at his home" according to a statement from the Leon County State Attorney's office, as reported by the Sun-Sentinel, April 22, 2022.

CA was arrested "at his home" according to a statement from the Leon County State Attorney's office, as reported by the Sun-Sentinel, April 22, 2022

CA was arrested "at his home" according to a statement from the Leon County State Attorney's office, as reported by the Sun-Sentinel, April 22, 2022
Anybody know how they went in, given that CA had been expecting them for quite some time and was prepared to resist?
Early am? SWAT team?

Possibly fraudulent conveyance -

A debtor’s conveyance is not immune from fraudulent conveyance issues just because no creditor has obtained a judgment or filed a lawsuit.

You and Skigirl have likely put your finger on the issue - indirectly. I'd guess that CA knew after the first trial that there was a chance that KM would lose her nerve and rat him out in the second murder trial. Therefore he needed to get his affairs in a position where he could get the fam. trust to sell the property so he could cover legal fees. However he did not want to sell it openly . One reason might be that he feared a civil suit from the Markels. What he has done means his mother and lawyers ("the trustees of the trust ") would seem to have control over the property.

They might in fact have to sign it over to say Dan Rashbaum's firm to get him to take on the trial. Most of these high powered defense attorneys seem to want a considerable part of the envisaged fee up front, ahead of any other possible creditors .

Would CA think this far ahead ? Possibly not, but DO Marcus, who has a long history with CA and the family might have put the idea to Donna and she could see the benefits to her and could sell CA on the advantages to him.

In summary, it probably has nothing to do with any payments for the old murder.

You and Skigirl have likely put your finger on the issue - indirectly. I'd guess that CA knew after the first trial that there was a chance that KM would lose her nerve and rat him out in the second murder trial. Therefore he needed to get his affairs in a position where he could get the fam. trust to sell the property so he could cover legal fees. However he did not want to sell it openly . One reason might be that he feared a civil suit from the Markels. What he has done means his mother and lawyers ("the trustees of the trust ") would seem to have control over the property.

They might in fact have to sign it over to say Dan Rashbaum's firm to get him to take on the trial. Most of these high powered defense attorneys seem to want a considerable part of the envisaged fee up front, ahead of any other possible creditors .

Would CA think this far ahead ? Possibly not, but DO Marcus, who has a long history with CA and the family might have put the idea to Donna and she could see the benefits to her and could sell CA on the advantages to him.

In summary, it probably has nothing to do with any payments for the old murder.

no, i believe that CA has plenty of money on hand to fund KM's defense as well as his own. i think CA put his property in trust(s) in anticipation of a multi-million dollar civil lawsuit which will undoubtedly be filed by the Markels against him for the wrongful death of DM. see O.J. Simpson. this civil lawsuit will likely be brought after the criminal trial has concluded.

How Long Do I Have to File a Wrongful Death Lawsuit in Florida?

Like other types of lawsuits, wrongful death claims must be filed within a certain period of time, set by a law called a "statute of limitations." In Florida, the statute of limitations for most wrongful death lawsuits is two years from the date of the person's death. (Fla. Stat. § 95.11(4)(d) (2021).) If the claim is not filed before that deadline passes, the deceased's personal representative will almost certainly lose the right to file at all.

However, A wrongful death claim may be brought at any time if the death was a result of murder or manslaughter—even if the accused has not been arrested, charged, or convicted of the crime. (Fla. Stat. § 95.11(10) (2021).)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elkravetsky