GUILTY FL - Dan Markel, 41, FSU Law Professor, Tallahassee, 18 July 2014 *arrests* #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

''Deposition of CPA Accountant in Adelson v. Berkshire Life Insurance Co. Lawsuit''​

Scheduled for Jul 21, 2022 11: 15 AM
"Judy the YouTube Lawyer reads a December 2021 deposition of the CPA, Jay Shapiro, who handled matters for Charlie Adelson and his parents. Mr. Shapiro was deposed by attorney Wendy Furman, an attorney for the insurance company, in a federal lawsuit involving Dr. Charles Adelson's quest to obtain disability benefits. This is part 1 due to the length of the deposition.''

''Deposition of CPA Accountant in Adelson v. Berkshire Life Insurance Co. Lawsuit''​

Scheduled for Jul 21, 2022 11: 15 AM
"Judy the YouTube Lawyer reads a December 2021 deposition of the CPA, Jay Shapiro, who handled matters for Charlie Adelson and his parents. Mr. Shapiro was deposed by attorney Wendy Furman, an attorney for the insurance company, in a federal lawsuit involving Dr. Charles Adelson's quest to obtain disability benefits. This is part 1 due to the length of the deposition.''
I've been following all of these.

SO many crossover issues. Like how their defense is likely bad publicity from the case caused Charlie's practice to tank as much as his "bad back" that he happened to "injure" in a taxi ride in the Phillipines that there is no documentation for. Between these and the wiretaps with Donna, seems Charlie was playing a long game for retirement by setting up multiple disability claims to retire by 2018. While purchasing a go-kart and intending to "go pro" with it.

Also, the part where while this lawsuit is ongoing, he lists on his jail record that he has no disability. He's not a very good conman, but he sure does try.

It is expected that we will see new developments in the coming weeks leading up to the 7/29/2022 sentencing of Magbanua and Case Management of Charles Adelson. These will be good developments because they are signs of progress toward “Justice for Dan Markel”.

The State may list 100 Category A witnesses but will call only 10 during trial, depending on time allocation and necessity. In the same vein, the raw data of Charles Adelson’s i-Cloud are furnished to the counsel of the defense during the discovery process but only a small portion of it, if any, is meant to be discussed in open court. All pieces of evidence will be made available to all involved during the process, including the Judge’s clerks and the Jury, for examination on demand.

Charles Adelson's i Cloud raw data was listed, and sealed from public view, in the Magbanua discovery. The picture of the Amended Discovery dated 6/29/2022, which I posted in #754, shows that these 6/29/2022 items are “replacements (plural)” for what were previously disclosed from “Magbanua” case. Hence, they must contain “new pieces” of evidence.

Of course, “new pieces” of evidence do not necessarily mean “fresh evidences” (as what you are alluding to, I presume). From 2011, Apple iCloud resides on Amazon Web Services and Microsoft Azure; and also extended to Google Cloud Platform since 2016. Apple iCloud is a generic name for multiple services such as iCloud Photo, iCloud email, iCloud Drive etc. May be these are “newly disclosed” data from another platform or from another iCloud service not previously explored.

The iCloud evidence could be dated 2016 (not very fresh) but it availed to the State Attorneys only in June 2022 (relatively new for the investigation). This is possible because the privacy disclosures of Apple, Amazon, Microsoft, and Google are arcane.

The criminal procedure gives the Judge the ability to define the scope of searches and seizures. Hence, a Judge might withhold the searches and seizures of some parts of the iCloud to protect the defendant from potential government fishing expedition until the investigators provide compelling benefits for justice to be served.

Also, Web based iCloud emails are easier to seize than iCloud Server emails. Web emails transited through multiple Web services across TCP/IP. The FBI could just seize the data from the weaker man-in-the-middle (since they are already disclosed to a third party) rather than fighting the privacy terms of the big 3.

I am just speculating as I am also curious. What could be the evidence worthiness of the Charles Adelson’s iCloud “new contents” for them to deserve a one page addendum to Answer to Demand For Discovery?
Hopefully, icloud data has WhatsApp texts/phone calls information between Charlie and others.

Yes I was on the fence about Harvey until these recent wiretaps. He definitely knew--at what stage? I think Donna likely protected him from some of it, but he knew. This enmeshed foursome are thick as thieves, each with their own pathological role.

They've done a lot of the groundwork already for Charlie's trial so maybe less time than usual and also the wild cards of which sociopath flips on who. We will surely know more next week!
Yesterday, I was going over this Dulce Vita wiretap and was shocked to see that Charlie referred to my PARENTS rather than just my mom.

Dulce Vita wiretap, April 20, 2016
From Charlie to Magbanua (talking about FBI bump and the $5000)

“………And the thing is, if my PARENTS were really guilty, they (the FBI) may think that they (the FBI) have a big fish on the line that's gonna pay them monthly, and all they (the FBI) have to do is scare this little, old lady. And who is she gonna go to? She's gonna go to the cops? She's guilty as hell.’

Yesterday, I was going over this Dulce Vita wiretap and was shocked to see that Charlie referred to my PARENTS rather than just my mom.

Dulce Vita wiretap, April 20, 2016
From Charlie to Magbanua (talking about FBI bump and the $5000)

“………And the thing is, if my PARENTS were really guilty, they (the FBI) may think that they (the FBI) have a big fish on the line that's gonna pay them monthly, and all they (the FBI) have to do is scare this little, old lady. And who is she gonna go to? She's gonna go to the cops? She's guilty as hell.’
Yes and in one of the wiretaps after one of the Bump operations, Charlie is pretty frantic on the phone with Katie setting up the Dolce Vita meeting I think. He refers to standing outside talking to his parents and is using code "about my DAY!". The timing, the talking outside, the urgency in his voice, he's clearly talking with them about the bump. It's very clear that Harvey is involved--also in some of them where he's discussing with Donna his Dad not going in to work and staying up until 5:30am upset. About how he has his 99.9% sure theory of who is doing it and has shared it with his Dad. The only question for me is was Harvey in on it before or from the murder's inception. That part I'm not clear on--when he was told/included. As I do think this was primarily a Charlie/Donna/Wendi situation.

Found this old article in the Tallahassee Democrat interesting. Katherine’s sister in laws embezzlement of over 1 million dollars and 611,000 went to a spiritual healer. Hmm wonder if those funds went to paying one of her attorneys?

Guess they're in it for the long game. But who is paying them???

IMO - they're in for as long as the money keeps coming. it's obvious who is paying - just ask yourself - Cui bono?

<modsnip: not an approved source>

as a side note - there was lots of suspicious phone contact between everyone on the day of the murder.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm late to the party, but so pleased to see Katherine Magbanua found guilty of the July 2014 murder of Florida State law professor Dan Markel. Convictions for first-degree murder, conspiracy to commit murder and solicitation of murder! CA is now on the chopping block and hopefully the rest of that horrible family will follow, and am eagerly waiting for Wendi to get what she deserves.

IMO - they're in for as long as the money keeps coming. it's obvious who is paying - just ask yourself - Cui bono?

<modsnip: not an approved source>

as a side note - there was lots of suspicious phone contact between everyone on the day of the murder.
Agree 100%

It's just so interesting that her lawyers lie out loud about where the money is coming from. DeCoste was quoted in an article I just read detailing that the money was coming from Katie's family--going in to extreme debt--to pay her defense funds. From back in 2017 anyway. It's odd that he could just say "none of your business how we are being paid" but he goes in to detail to fill in the blank.

<modsnip: quoted post was snipped>

Last edited by a moderator:
Florida State University professor Dan Markel was found in his Tallahassee, Florida, home on Friday. Police say there were no signs of robbery or burglary and have yet to disclose any motive.
According to Tallahassee police, officers found Markel after a neighbor called 911 at about 11 a.m. with reports of a "loud bang."

Markel, 41, was rushed to a local hospital, where he died the following day. "While we cannot release specific information or details regarding this case, the Violent Crimes Unit is releasing that Mr. Markel's cause of death was a fatal gunshot wound to the head," Tallahassee Police Chief Michael DeLeo said in a statement.
By Monday, police had categorized the case as a homicide, and according to Tallahassee Police Department spokesman David Northway, Markel was the intended target.
Clues sought in slaying of FSU law professor Dan Markel - CNN
Probable Cause documents
Leon County Court Motions (dissolution of marriage)

Thread #1
Thread #2
Thread #3
Thread #4
Thread #5
Thread #6
Thread #7
Thread #8
Thread #9

Thread #10
Thread #11
When is Wendi Jill Adelson going to get arrested or at least convicted! she is part of the plot that caused the death of Dan Markel! we need justice for Dan!!

When is Wendi Jill Adelson going to get arrested or at least convicted! she is part of the plot that caused the death of Dan Markel! we need justice for Dan!!
Welcome to Ws aimieli88!
Wondering what would happen to the kids if indeed WA was locked into a long trial and /or incarcerated?

1658683769208.png
1658683622175.png

Welcome to Ws aimieli88!
Wondering what would happen to the kids if indeed WA was locked into a long trial and /or incarcerated?

View attachment 355867
View attachment 355866
I would think that they would either go with Robert's family or with Dan's sisters family, whichever they were more comfortable with? Robert's kids are probably closer in age?

Agree 100%

It's just so interesting that her lawyers lie out loud about where the money is coming from. DeCoste was quoted in an article I just read detailing that the money was coming from Katie's family--going in to extreme debt--to pay her defense funds. From back in 2017 anyway. It's odd that he could just say "none of your business how we are being paid" but he goes in to detail to fill in the blank.

Yes I've been following FF's wiretaps obsessively. I have the same questions--she is shielding some of the players, but knows their identity (like CA's dentist buddies). Seems like at least one was pretty hipped up to the danger Charlie was in when Garcia got arrested. The whole lot....distasteful to say the least. Yeah too bad there were no wiretaps on the day of the murder too--wasn't Donna up at 2am chatting with Charlie?
For some reason, even though the police was able to see all the phone call activity on the day of the murder, they could not get the details of the calls themselves. They have all the timelines. Not sure3 why the call details were not available.

No wiretap calls of Wendi with anybody. That just means she was using an app that could not be wiretapped. The FBI could be hiding something up their sleeves. We will know soon enough.

For some reason, even though the police was able to see all the phone call activity on the day of the murder, they could not get the details of the calls themselves. They have all the timelines. Not sure3 why the call details were not available.

No wiretap calls of Wendi with anybody. That just means she was using an app that could not be wiretapped. The FBI could be hiding something up their sleeves. We will know soon enough.
What do you mean "call details"? I thought I'd seen who spoke with who and for what number of minutes and in what sequence. It's just too bad Whatsapp could not be retrieved. I think she was just the most cautious and cunning of the three.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyTheSleuth