GUILTY FL - Dan Markel, 41, FSU Law Professor, Tallahassee, 18 July 2014 *arrests* #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Speculation regarding the phone records and LR's testimony that SG called KM about 1.5 hrs after they left Tally and KM indicated that she already knew that the hit had been done: If WA was a part of the conspiracy, it's possible that she communicated that the hit had been carried out by not making a phone call i.e., there could have been a plan that she would drive by Trescott and that if she did not call DA or CA by a certain time that meant that she saw police activity near Dan's house (although how they would know that the hit was successful and not botched is something I don't know). JMO and total speculation.

She [Wendi] has equal vitriol for any friend or family member who is remotely curious in trying to solve the case as she is completely estranged from her older brother who dared to question who might have a motive in this murder.
Did RA make a public statement regarding this case? I have read and followed just about everything, since the beginning, and I have never seen/read/heard any comment from RA (Wendi's eldest brother).

1. will whoever is funding KM's defense continue to do so?

my guess is if it's the alleged masterminds - the answer is yes! they will keep funding this until their money runs out!

2. will Kawass and DeCoste continue to represent KM through appeals? is that even their specialty?

my guess is that they will keep representing her as long as the money keeps flowing!

3. will KM have an awakening and flip?

my guess is no - not as long as Kawass and DeCoste are in the picture!

IMO - the alleged masterminds have a vested interest in keeping these "friendly" attorneys advising KM!

My speculation: KM's puppetmasters somehow persuaded her to adopt the Galaxy Quest defense. "Never give up. Never surrender!" GC listed the possible reasons.

KM in turn convinced at least Kawass that she was innocent, despite all the evidence. KM seems to me to have an Amber Heard vibe going, which would help her win support and some measure of willful blindness.

KM won't cut a deal as long as whatever motivated her Galaxy Quest defense is still present.

IMO - CA hired Markus and Markus hired DeCoste and Kawass. Markus set up this legal web and now he's out of the picture just as planned - the plan all along was to stay on until CA was arrested then hand it off to the new attorney Rashbaum - Markus makes himself once removed and it gives CA's new attorney Rashbaum plausible deniability of the legal shenanigans that brought us here and Markus is long gone. These guys know how to play the game and take it right up to the edge.

i bet DA sees herself as a victim in all of this. she must be beside herself right now. peering out the windows pacing and looking and waiting for them to come and take her away and bring her to justice! she must be a real mess!

im sure DA's attorneys are calling Tally and saying hey - we will turn her in - please don't break the door down. not sure Tally will accept that offer tho. they didn't for CA.

what if CA gave her a gun? LE can take no chances. when they come, they'll break the door down of that lux condo.

Obviously, the more evidence, the better. This is why Katie's testimony could be useful even if she is damaged goods. Regarding Donna Adelson, I would highly recommend that anyone interested in her potential guilt listen to every call recorded between her and Charlie. All calls are conveniently collected at the bottom of this article. She makes so many comments and statements that are inculpatory. If she were the only defendant it would be a different story, but I think she goes down with Charlie's ship if she is a co-defendant in a trial with him.

Yes, the defense counsel will attempt to avoid having them tried together, but it is highly likely their cases will be combined. This occurred in the Lori Vallow/Chad Daybell case and the court denied a request to bifurcate their trial. In that case, however, it looks like Lori may succeed in separating her case by invoking her constitutional right to a speedy trial. Chad waived his speedy trial leading the case to be set in February 2023. The court is in a jam now and may have to let Lori go to trial in October since she is insisting on it. That is one reason I believe we will see Donna and possibly Wendi arrested soon. The state is going to want to try them together.

Don't mistake their strident protestations of their clients' innocence as being genuine. This is most definitely part of their playbook and one they roll out for every major case. For instance, they are both defending the rapper Hakeem Robinson (Ksoo) in Jacksonville. Ksoo is charged with two murders of two rival rappers. He has boasted about killing them online, has used photos of the decedents in an album cover, has publicly laughed at and taunted the mother of one victim who appeared tearfully in a television interview (he imitated her tearful voice even). His DNA was found in the getaway car and his fingerprints were found on a pistol in the car. The driver of the car was recorded describing the murder and Ksoo's role in it by an informant wearing a wire. Then, last week, Ksoo's father flipped on his son and is now testifying against him for the state. Even with all of that (and more) both Kawass and Decoste have posted loud claims of innocence and their belief Ksoo is being wrongfully prosecuted. ... It is all a strategy they employ for their clients and it sometimes works apparently.
they also sickenly are posting selfies of themselves with the murderer - this crosses a limit between a good defense attorney to a sick attorney who identifies with her murderous clients

<modsnip>

One thing I don’t understand is why, having been raised reform, did she marry someone who is Orthodox and keeps kosher, or did this just start after the kids were born? Was he kosher while they were dating? Did they only go to kosher restaurants? I really don’t understand why she would agree to a kosher wedding if she was not planning on keeping kosher going forward. That should have been hashed out before the wedding.

Given that it ended up not being a completely kosher wedding maybe she thought it was just for the benefit of his parents. I wonder if Dan saw the menu before and somehow DA changed the menu?

Of course it could be a possible miscommunication. I had a friend who forgot to order herself a vegetarian meal at her own wedding. This was many many many decades ago when there was never a veg option on menus.
dan wasn't at all orthodox -- he didn't wear a yarmaca, he travelled on shabat if needed, he ate at any restaurant at conferences etc - all he wanted is a relatively kosher home and for the wedding he wanted not to have shrimp and bluntly non kosher food, not because of himself but because his beloved rabbi and the rabbi's family was there - he wanted the guests to feel included

As someone who knew the relationship quite well - it is absolutely false to say Dan expected Wendi to worship him - he was a good husband, he posted with pride about her idiotic badly written self-published novel, he got her the clinical position at FSU which is hard to do - usually those positions too go to people with more prestigious legal education, he was kind to her and bragged about her to his friends, introduced her to all his friends and was very inclusive; i remember one time he was at a conference and talking on the phone with her and i walked by and he spent a minute telling her what i am wearing, something about my designer shoes and it was really a sweet moment where he wanted to include her in what is happening at a professional meeting - more than alot of spouses do when they travel. he definitely had a bit of a "i'm super smart and will call out nonsense" when he talked with you - because that was what he was - and she married him for his smarts and his ambition

Everyone has a type:
Wendi - DM/JL - smart, nerdy, good looking professors who can be manipulated by her
Charlie - KM/June - girls with no moral compass, who the media thinks look alike, willing to do lots for a wealthy bf
Katie - SG/CA - murderers she can manipulate and conspire with

Wondering what kind of preparations are in place in the DA household? Family lawyer on-call 24/7, ready to be at the condo immediately when law enforcement knocks on the door? It must be extreme high-anxiety knowing that the visit could happen at any time, day or night.
It does give me some comfort that they have spent the last six years stressing out and now it's at an all-time high. My guess is that they highly regret it at this point. I say the last six years because I think that until the first arrests they were feeling great and confident, so much so that a trained lawyer would talk about the case on a public podcast. Egads.

Everyone has a type:
Wendi - DM/JL - smart, nerdy, good looking professors who can be manipulated by her
Charlie - KM/June - girls with no moral compass, who the media thinks look alike, willing to do lots for a wealthy bf
Katie - SG/CA - murderers she can manipulate and conspire with
JL said he had a bad feeling about CA, and based on some of the things CA allegedly talked about, I can see why. I'm wondering if people are unable or unwilling to see the bad side of CA until it's too late and he has become your enemy. I wonder if DM ever sensed any danger regarding CA. JMO.

Last edited:
Could the Adelson’s be paying for Magbanua’s defense? If so, why are Decoste and Kawass after them?

Deep Dive True Crime
Mentour Lawyer

I heard a couple of people question whether the Adelson family (excluding Robert, of course) are paying for Katherine Magbanua’s defense. Their thought is that the defense attorneys could not possibly be paid by the Adelsons when they, in Court, admit to Charlie’s involvement.

I offer you some alternate ways to consider what has happened so far and what it means. Let me know your thoughts.

As someone who knew the relationship quite well - it is absolutely false to say Dan expected Wendi to worship him - he was a good husband, he posted with pride about her idiotic badly written self-published novel, he got her the clinical position at FSU which is hard to do - usually those positions too go to people with more prestigious legal education, he was kind to her and bragged about her to his friends, introduced her to all his friends and was very inclusive; i remember one time he was at a conference and talking on the phone with her and i walked by and he spent a minute telling her what i am wearing, something about my designer shoes and it was really a sweet moment where he wanted to include her in what is happening at a professional meeting - more than alot of spouses do when they travel. he definitely had a bit of a "i'm super smart and will call out nonsense" when he talked with you - because that was what he was - and she married him for his smarts and his ambition
Thanks for sharing this information. What do you make of the fact that he refused to read her book, which was a bone of contention for her?

Of course, if he had he might have known more about his imminent divorce.

JL said he had a bad feeling about CA, and based on some of the things CA allegedly talked about, I can see why. I'm wondering if people are unable or unwilling to see the bad sides of CA (and WA) until it's too late and they have become your "enemy". I wonder if DM ever sensed any danger regarding CA. JMO.
I wondered that as well ie. if Dan sensed danger not only from CA but any other member of the family as well.

Last edited:
Thanks for sharing this information. What do you make of the fact that he refused to read her book, which was a bone of contention for her?

Of course, if he had he might have known more about his imminent divorce.
he felt bad about not getting around to reading her book, but he certainly promoted it heavily on his blog and facebook - i can see how this happens, my spouse and I are very good to each other, happily married, but both of us can get so swamped with having to read professionally that we don't necessarily get to reading each other's writing, even as we are knowledgable about the process of writing and listen and help each other shape our ideas. I am quite sure WA never read any of DM books and articles - sure they are academic writings, but he worked hard on them and she was an attorney - and I think it was quite parallel, he felt he doesn't read any fiction and he didn't get to reading a fictionalized story about his wife's work, and she didn't read a non-fiction, cambridge or oxford press book about his work and areas of expertise

2. will Kawass and DeCoste continue to represent KM through appeals? is that even their specialty?

my guess is that they will keep representing her as long as the money keeps flowing!

3. will KM have an awakening and flip?

my guess is no - not as long as Kawass and DeCoste are in the picture!

IMO - the alleged masterminds have a vested interest in keeping these "friendly" attorneys advising KM!
Bbm <snipped by me>

Kristen Kawass is an appellate and post conviction lawyer whose main focus appears to be post trial litigation and motions.​

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member