GUILTY FL - Dan Markel, 41, FSU Law Professor, Tallahassee, 18 July 2014 *arrests* #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone think Katherine is going to flip in the next 2 weeks? I keep waiting to hear for something before her sentencing. Maybe that’s just wishful thinking.
Christopher DeCoste’s interview on Friday 6/3/22 (copyrighted at Tallahassee Democrat) provides many insights about “informed suspicions / forecasts” going forward, and the potential changes in Katherine Magbanua’s case

The insights from DeCoste’s interview

1. The defense could not overcome the jurors’ opinion formed based on a single evidence, the so called Dolce Vita tape, from the enhanced audio of the FBI recording at the Dulce Restaurant in Miami, FL

If you want to form your personal opinion about why is this evidence so convincing, the entire transcripts of the audio (38 pages + 12 pages) by Yvonne LaFlamme could be reviewed here:
State attorney releases transcript from 2016 Adelson-Magbanua conversation at Miami restaurant

2. The other evidences already discussed in the trial #1 (Magbanua benefited over $100,000 of value after the murder, and got paid $35,000 from the stapled cash) could not be explained away from her testimony

3. Contrary to the perception from Tara Kawass’ statements and comments, DeCoste revealed that Segfredo Garcia refused to testify (to lie) on behalf of KM

Am I the only one who saw a change in demeanor when she was being crossed by DeCoste to a mild flirtation? "Oh, you're just flattering me now" and the batting eyes. He was not phased at all, but I could clearly see how she's perfected that skill set with men.
Indeed, I agree with you. Wendi Adelson flirted heavily toward DeCoste during her cross examination. And even while she was examined by the State Attorney, she looked toward the defendant’s bench with blushing broad smiles. She has done it in both Magbanua trial # 1 and trial #2. However, Wendi’s exaggerated flirtatious manners and the circumstance of the court make be believe that she was acting.

Wendi Adelson is a good actrice

Her mother, Donna Adelson, coaches / encourages her 1) to train for 5 weeks, and 2) to use her acting skills when going to court. See the picture attached from the YouTube channel of “True lifestyle” of an email from Donna to Wendi encouraging Wendi to be a good actor! She has several interesting clips about Dan Markel’s murder: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU29RClgbp1u78hbIA0Mj-g

To realize how flirtatious Wendi was, have a picture image that she has eye contact with DeCoste when she looks toward the defendant’s bench, in both trial #1 and trial #2, which could be reviewed from the Tallahassee Democrat’s videos on their YouTube channel. She does the following:

1. Prolonged intense eye-contact toward DeCoste
2. Flipping her her and touching herself
3. Blushing with broad smiles, and even with laughs at times.

To date, I still believe that Wendi’s cross examination in trial #2 was heavily rehearsed. Re-watching the Tallahassee Democrat videos of DeCoste and Wendi Adelson makes me thing of the scripts between Vin Diesel and Peter Dinklage in Sidney Lumet’s movie “Find Me Guilty.”

Attachments

• You Are A Good Actress.png
    You Are A Good Actress.png
    310.1 KB · Views: 34
Christopher DeCoste’s interview on Friday 6/3/22 (copyrighted at Tallahassee Democrat) provides many insights about “informed suspicions / forecasts” going forward, and the potential changes in Katherine Magbanua’s case

What got Katherine Magbanua convicted of Dan Markel’s murder? Here’s what her lawyer said
(looks like it was published Monday, June 6?)

Tallahassee Democrat's Interview of Magbanua's defense counsel, Christopher DeCoste - ML [Mentour Lawyer] reacts

I wonder how DA is doing with the nanny-spawned grandchild.
Is she lavishing that child with the same praise, gifts, and advantages as Wendi and Dan's kids?
Should the maternal side of that child's family be worried?
What do we know about the mother of Charlie Adelson's child, if anything? Do we know the mother's name? Do we know if she and the child live in Florida? Do we know the gender of the child? Age of the child?

Had she and Charlie ended their relationship at the time of his recent arrest? Or was the relationship ongoing? Will she be making a court appearance when Charlie's case goes to trial?

Last edited:
What do we know about the mother of Charlie Adelson's child, if anything? Do we know the mother's name? Do we know if she and the child live in Florida? Do we know the gender of the child? Age of the child?

Had she and Charlie ended their relationship at the time of his recent arrest? Or was the relationship ongoing? Will she be making a court appearance when Charlie's case goes to trial?
Public record:

Case Detail - Public​

[REDACTED by SeesSeas]
[Initials B. P.] Petitioner vs. Charles Adelson Respondent

Broward County Case Number: FMCE19003518
Case Type: Paternity + - Paternity
Filing Date: 03/22/2019
05/09/2020Order
Comment (AGREED ORDER RATIFYING PATERNITY )
Vol./Book 0 , Page 0, 1 pages
Instrument Number 116498276
03/08/2021Final Judgment of Paternity
Vol./Book 0 , Page 0, 3 pages
Instrument Number 117108350

Public record:

Case Detail - Public​

[REDACTED by SeesSeas]

05/09/2020Order
I believe that June told us her name is Bri.
I may be wrong, but Bri or Brianna is not an Old-Testament name - but Irish in origin.
Could the Adelson's be hiring heathen Catholic Irish workers as menial laborers, like in the early 19th Century?

Anyway - does the public record imply that CA (or the A's more generally) were disputing paternity?
Would there be a child-support order too?

Public record:

Case Detail - Public​

[REDACTED by SeesSeas]

05/09/2020Order
Thanks very much.

I believe that June told us her name is Bri.
I may be wrong, but Bri or Brianna is not an Old-Testament name - but Irish in origin.
Could the Adelson's be hiring heathen Catholic Irish workers as menial laborers, like in the early 19th Century?

Anyway - does the public record imply that CA (or the A's more generally) were disputing paternity?
Would there be a child-support order too?
Documents are locked and not viewable, but here is the docket:
Note: I replaced Petitioner full name with initials B.P.
��������������������������������
03/10/2021Comment:HRS FORM 673 W/ CC FJ TO BVS/FL1
03/08/2021ExhibitsRATIFYING PATERNITY1
03/08/2021ExhibitsNOTICE OF FILING PATERNITY SETTLEMENT AGREEMENT26
03/05/2021Notice of Filing Financial Affidavit8
03/05/2021Notice of Filing Financial Affidavit12
02/11/2021Notice of Filing26
02/11/2021Notice of Final Hearingon March 8, 2021 at 8:45 AM via Zoom2
12/21/2020Notice of Change of Address
Party: Respondent Adelson, Charles
10/01/2020Notice of Service of Interrogs1
10/01/2020Request for Production11
10/01/2020Request1
09/04/2020Notice of Mediation1
09/03/2020Motion for Temporary Relief
Party: Petitioner P, B
08/04/2020Notice of Unavailability1
06/05/2020Certificate of Compliance2
05/09/2020Order for Substitution of Counsel2
05/01/2020Joint MotionAND STIPULATION FOR SUBSTITUTION OF COUNSEL
04/29/2020Stipulation for Substitution of CounselCAITLIN J. BRONSTEIN, FBN113241
04/24/2020Notice of AppearanceOn Behal of Respondent, CHARLES ADELSON1
04/24/2020Notice of Filing Designation of Emailing Addresses1
05/08/2019Order Correcting Scrivener's Error1
04/27/2019Agreed OrderFOR EXTENSION OF TIME TO RESPOND TO MOTHER'S PATERNITY PETITION; 5/20/191
04/25/2019Motion to Correct Scriveners Error
04/25/2019Notice of Hearingrm 11164 May 88, 2019 at 8:45 AM1
04/01/2019Summons Returned Served28th day of March, 2019 at 7:35 pm
Party: Respondent Adelman, Charles
03/26/2019Filing Fee PaidPayor: JOSHUA BICKMAN LLC ; Userid: CTS-fg/t ; Receipt: 20191FA1A043870;
;

Amount: $301.00
03/26/2019Summons Issued FeePayor: JOSHUA BICKMAN LLC ; Userid: CTS-fg/t ; Receipt: 20191FA1A043870;
;

Amount: $10.00
03/26/2019Clerk's Certificate of Compliance W-2020-73CIV/2020-74-UFC1
03/22/2019Family Cover Sheet2
03/22/2019Petition (eFiled)PETITION TO DETERMINE PATERNITY, CHILD SUPPORT AND FOR RELATED RELIEF5
03/22/2019Emergency MotionMOTHER'S VERIFIED EMERGENCY MOTION FOR TEMPORARY CHILD SUPPORT, IIEALTH INSURANCE FOR THE MINOR CHIL
. FORENSIC ACCOUNTANT FEES, AND TEMPORARY ATTORNEY'S FEES AND COSTS
03/22/2019Demographic Information Sheet
03/22/2019Notice of Related Casesnone4
03/22/2019eSummons IssuanceCharles Adelman2

"Websleuths is a victim friendly forum. Attacking or bashing a victim is not allowed. Discussing known victim behavior, good or bad is fine, but do so in a civil and constructive way, and only when such behavior is known to be relevant to the case.

The "victim friendly" rule extends to family members of victims and suspects. Sleuthing family members, friends, or others who have not been officially designated by law enforcement or in mainstream media as a Person of Interest or suspect is not allowed (i.e. Sleuthing out this type of information, and publicly posting their personal information, including names, addresses, and background data -- even if it is public is not allowed and such posts will be removed, along with any posts that encourage such sleuthing)."

"Websleuths is a victim friendly forum. Attacking or bashing a victim is not allowed. Discussing known victim behavior, good or bad is fine, but do so in a civil and constructive way, and only when such behavior is known to be relevant to the case.

The "victim friendly" rule extends to family members of victims and suspects. Sleuthing family members, friends, or others who have not been officially designated by law enforcement or in mainstream media as a Person of Interest or suspect is not allowed (i.e. Sleuthing out this type of information, and publicly posting their personal information, including names, addresses, and background data -- even if it is public is not allowed and such posts will be removed, along with any posts that encourage such sleuthing)."

This is true. For years, crazy theories were proposed on Websleuths, because it was not allowed to mention WA or DA or CA. Instead there are hundreds or even thousands of posts about road rage, deranged Rabbis, and other theories that turned out to be idiotic, because actually analyzing the facts was not allowed.

But I do agree that all this gossip has nothing to do with the actual case.

Is Bri a victim? I don't think so.
At least not based on public testimony.
Not a suspect or POI, though, indeed.

Wait a minute, DeCoste said Garcia refused to testify? So he wasn’t called due to the jailhouse calls and possible impeachment? The interview is behind a paywall for me.

Please, kindly read the DeCoste’s interview at Tallahassee Democrat, and read it in context. DeCoste does not say “Garcia will never testify on behalf of Magbanua”. DeCoste provides the insights to the effect of “Garcia refused to testify at the end, after hesitation”. This suggests that Garcia refused to get along the creative work products (to lie) of Kawass such as “misrepresenting that Garcia and Charles Adelson are friends.”

The informed forecasts going forward say that DeCoste’s stance will induce Magbanua’s behavioral change

Ex Ante KM’s trial #2, DeCoste and the Kawass sisters were strongly advocating that KM is innocent, of course. Tara Kawass continued that route with crying, disingenuous online comments etc. DeCoste changed his opinion ex Post.

Without saying it explicitly, DeCoste’s ex Post comments in his interview imply that KM is convicted in all three counts because of the overwhelming set of evidences. It is my opinion that DeCoste’s appreciation of the evidences is more sincere as compared to Kawass’ characterization.

Hence, more dramatic changes are expected in the coming weeks:

1. Will DeCoste still represent Magbanua in the penalty phase? IMHO, that is unlikely, especially if the Kawass sisters remain
2. If the Kawass were to continue representing Magbanua, will Kristen Kawass (experienced appellate attorney who focuses on post-trial litigation) lead instead of her discredited sister? It is likely that Kristen leads, and … sans DeCoste!
3. Or, … brand new paid attorneys will represent Magbanua? That would be a good move from Magbanua but unlikely due to financial burden ... It is my suspicion that Magbanua's sponsors are now unhappy since the results are disappointing in ... all fronts!

at 8:23 -- Hard to hear, but does anyone else think KM may have said this to Tara Kawass: "I don't want you"?
I had read that she said: "I didn't want this." But I agree with you that she said, "I don't want you." Perhaps they were saying they would be back there to talk to her? And she didn't want to see them...Or maybe they said, "we'll appeal" Decoste was standing between the camera and them and I couldn't tell what the Kawasses were saying to her, if anything.

I had read that she said: "I didn't want this." But I agree with you that she said, "I don't want you." Perhaps they were saying they would be back there to talk to her? And she didn't want to see them...Or maybe they said, "we'll appeal" Decoste was standing between the camera and them and I couldn't tell what the Kawasses were saying to her, if anything.
Yes, maybe this is why DeCoste (not TK) stayed in Tally. JMO.

What a shame that the mother of Charlie’s child had to fight him in court for child support instead of him settling out of court with her. It doesn’t sound like he was willing to accept financial responsibility or provide health insurance for the child. It looks like the mother fought Charlie in court for over two years. I hope the judge made him pay all her attorney and court fees as well as a fair settlement. Doesn’t sound like the two, Charlie and mom of child, are on very good terms. He seems like a total douche.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robinhood0602