GUILTY FL - Debra Lafave for student sex abuse, Tampa, 2005

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I watched Nancy Grace last nite and her ex hubby said he after spending time with her realized she had mental issues!!!!!!!!!!!!Wonder if this is before or after she molested that boy?????If he knew she was unstable,WHY didnt he do something????They should start holding people like that and charging them also....This is getting crazy:::::Rusty yates and the man whose wife chopped the arms off their 10 month old baby!!!!!!!!!!Sick people arent always going to get help,but the families should do SOMETHING!!!!!!!!!:furious: JUST MY OPINION!!!!!!!!!!

This is unbelievable!!! :furious:

Prosecutors are dropping the latest charges against Debra LaFave, the Florida school teacher accused of having sex with a 14-year-old student, WESH-TV, NBC's Orlando affiliate, reported Tuesday.
The decision came just hours after a judge in Marion County rejected a second plea deal in the case, saying “Quite frankly, if the allegations against the defendant are true, the agreed-upon sentence shocks the conscience of this court.”

Sources told WESH that prosecutors had planned for several weeks to drop the charges against LaFave, who earlier agreed to a plea deal in a second court in a case in which she lost her teacher's license and was sentenced to three years of house arrest.

more at link:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/11943967/

deandaniellws said:
She said she loved it (the sex) because it was thrilling and forbidden. It turned her on because it was wrong. :mad: What a sick puppy.

Yes, as far as I can see that is a typical response of someone who is going to victimize other kids if they get a chance.

The problem is many men don't think this is a crime because they will say that as a kid they would have considered themselves lucky to be able to have sex with just about anyone at 14....therein lies the problem I think.

Sad... very sad. This molestor is getting away with what she did because of chicken-*ssed prosecutors who don't want to do their job.

I am sooooooooooooo glad I didn't raise my kids in that town...

Michelle Read said:
This is unbelievable!!! :furious:

Prosecutors are dropping the latest charges against Debra LaFave, the Florida school teacher accused of having sex with a 14-year-old student, WESH-TV, NBC's Orlando affiliate, reported Tuesday.
The decision came just hours after a judge in Marion County rejected a second plea deal in the case, saying “Quite frankly, if the allegations against the defendant are true, the agreed-upon sentence shocks the conscience of this court.”

Sources told WESH that prosecutors had planned for several weeks to drop the charges against LaFave, who earlier agreed to a plea deal in a second court in a case in which she lost her teacher's license and was sentenced to three years of house arrest.

more at link:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/11943967/

She is engaged to get married to a guy she went to high school with--reported on Nancy's show last night.

You know, the mother of the young man who was molested absolutely does not want a trial because she wants her son to get on with his life. From what was said last night, the son doesn't want to testify. As harsh as this might sound, couldn't the judge order him to testify?

I think Debra needs to spend time in jail. If this was a situation where a male teacher was involved, he would already be serving time in jail. What is going to happen in the future--this case could very well set a precedent in future cases.

Another note about Debra and her ex-husband. He said that he realized after he was married to Debra that she had some emotional issues, but nothing to indicate that she would molest anyone. After he found out about this situation, her family asked him to see her through the trial and he agreed, but it became too much for him and he just couldn't do it so he divorced her. Good for him!

If you didn't watch Nancy last night, I recommend reading the transcript.

First part of the transcript is about the Debra Lafave case.

Transcript--NANCY GRACE--3/20/06
Will Judge Approve No-Jail-Time Plea Deal for Debra Lafave?

Snips: NOTE: One of the unidenified Females is the victim's mother.

But first tonight, school teacher Debra Lafave, model-turned-teacher - - the alleged boy`s victim`s mom drops a bombshell in court. She will not allow him to take the stand. Will Lafave get the best of Lady Justice?

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: What she did is wrong, and I believe that she is being punished.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: On June 3rd of 2004, the defendant did perform oral sex on the victim, who was 14 years of age.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: I think that`s the most appalling thing in this situation. You have a teacher that spotted, you know, what she wanted and did what she did.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: This plea negotiation is a direct result of the request of the victim`s family.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: It allows Debbie to avoid any prison time, and it allows her to continue with her mental health treatment.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: My son is the most important thing. He needs to move on.
GRACE: But now, the alleged boy victim`s mom doesn`t want him to testify. Without a victim`s testimony, there may be no case, Leslie!

LESLIE SNADOWSKY, INVESTIGATIVE REPORTER: Well, that`s true. The mother, on behalf of her son, says there`s no way that she wants her son to be revictimized again. She thinks a trial`s the worst thing, and she`s willing to plea bargain.

GRACE: Plea bargain to what?

SNADOWSKY: Well, basically, instead of jail time, which is what she initially wanted, she`s OK with, like, three years of house arrest, seven years probation. I believe she`s already registered as a sex offender, Debra Lafave. I believe that her teaching certificate`s already been taken away, and I think she has to wear an electronic monitor, if and when, you know, the court imposes that.

GRACE: An electronic bracelet.

SNADOWSKY: Yes, around her ankle.

GRACE: Has the world gone mad?

(LAUGHTER)

GRACE: OK, Martha Stewart told a tall tale to federal prosecutors. She had to go to Alderson for lying. OK, anybody on the panel tonight could get a felony charge for lying, OK, and this woman is going -- OK. All right.

With me right now, Owen Lafave. This is Lafave`s ex-husband. He is joining us by phone. Mr. Lafave, thank you for being with us. You know, right when we think we`ve heard it all, then something new happens. Do you think your ex-wife will ever face justice?

OWEN LAFAVE, DEBRA LAFAVE`S EX-HUSBAND: You know, Nancy, first and foremost, I`d like to say I love your reaction to that. I think that is pretty much what the rest of the country felt when they heard that comment from her attorney. But you know, here we are again. The boy isn`t going to testify, and you know, the best we can hope for is really the equivalent to getting, you know, detention after school. You know, she`s got three years of house arrest, followed by seven years probation on the table, and I think it`s insufficient. I mean, she committed a crime here. She had a sexual relationship with a boy, and she deserves some jail time.

(Lots more at link)

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0603/20/ng.01.html

so what is her punishment then..is she still getting 3 years house arrest for the county that accepted the plea? (also 7 years probation)
or is it all dropped now.

Her ex husband actually bothers me-I think he is over exposed now -he is her ex and he is spouting off all the time-get over it.
The only one who should be upset is the boy, the parents, the school-etc..the ex is too much for me..its as if he wants his revenge -not that he wants it for the kid.
I dont support her at all-dont even think it-I am just saying he grates on my last nerve after awhile.

well at least she is serving 3 years house arrest-and will be 7 years on probation and a registered sex offender..none of that can be easy-(probation and registered as a sex offender -she will never be a teacher again.
She isnt sitting in a jail but she is living with severe consequences. (registered sex offender cant be an easy thing to get employment with..and 7 years probation - if she steps out of line she will go to jail..

I am saying this because when I heard the charges had been dropped I thot it was the whole thing-thank god she has to live out this plea-imagine if it meant she wasnt charged at all

Had the Judge accepted the deal nothing would have changed..she still got the sentence she was going to get..(not saying she shouldnt have gone to jail-just that I now understand it)..

I thot she got off some of the sentence she was being given..its a duplicate-concurrent plea for both charges..so I can see why they dropped it..(practically in this world of no budgets to work with etc..the kid wont testify, yadda-its not like they let her off of the original plea).

But dont read this as me not hearing the horror of it-she should be in jail..I am simply trying to understand what happened and now I do.
I feel better that nothing about her terms would have been different had the second Judge accepted it..and therefore, its the same if he rejects it. (The punishment-not the honor or dishonor of it).

newtv said:
so what is her punishment then..is she still getting 3 years house arrest for the county that accepted the plea? (also 7 years probation)
or is it all dropped now.

Her ex husband actually bothers me-I think he is over exposed now -he is her ex and he is spouting off all the time-get over it.
The only one who should be upset is the boy, the parents, the school-etc..the ex is too much for me..its as if he wants his revenge -not that he wants it for the kid.
I dont support her at all-dont even think it-I am just saying he grates on my last nerve after awhile.
how can the boys parents be upset, when they are part of this? they refuse to let him testify---I realize it may be hard-- but he is 14--- not 6--- not trying to make it sound less bad because of his age--- but they needed his testimony in court to throw the book at her, and refused, not once...but twice--imo there was a way to have him tesify, that could be just as beneficial, a way to put this past him...makes me wonder, was there alot of consent-- ( PLEASE DONT THINK IN MY MIND, THAT MAKES IT OK- JUST A THOUGHT HERE )

Forgive me... but I'm totally confused by your post... charges were dropped against her... no charges - no punishment; there is NO plea deal in effect now.

If I'm wrong, can you point me in the right direction?

newtv said:
Had the Judge accepted the deal nothing would have changed..she still got the sentence she was going to get..(not saying she shouldnt have gone to jail-just that I now understand it)..

I thot she got off some of the sentence she was being given..its a duplicate-concurrent plea for both charges..so I can see why they dropped it..(practically in this world of no budgets to work with etc..the kid wont testify, yadda-its not like they let her off of the original plea).

But dont read this as me not hearing the horror of it-she should be in jail..I am simply trying to understand what happened and now I do.
I feel better that nothing about her terms would have been different had the second Judge accepted it..and therefore, its the same if he rejects it. (The punishment-not the honor or dishonor of it).

She already had the same terms in another county, that this Judge rejected.
Dropping these charges prevents a trial which may have sent her to jail..but it doesnt cancell out the same plea agreement made in the other county.
She is currently serving 3 years house arrest, -7 yrs prob, regitration as a sexual predator, etc.. no matter what.

The confusing point is likely when I say its no differnt..what I mean is she is not getting less punishment than she already would have even if both Judges accepted the plea. Instead she is NOT getting More punishment. (going to jail).

I can see why they chose to drop the charges..the prosecution had what it wanted already and saw no gain in going to trial. (That is their thinking not mine)..the kid wouldnt testify against her.

j2mirish said:
how can the boys parents be upset, when they are part of this? they refuse to let him testify---I realize it may be hard-- but he is 14--- not 6--- not trying to make it sound less bad because of his age--- but they needed his testimony in court to throw the book at her, and refused, not once...but twice--imo there was a way to have him tesify, that could be just as beneficial, a way to put this past him...makes me wonder, was there alot of consent-- ( PLEASE DONT THINK IN MY MIND, THAT MAKES IT OK- JUST A THOUGHT HERE )
I hear u..the mother thinks it will revictimize him but I think she should stop there and not say she is upset with the judge-it just adds to the anger people are feeling..
I dont know what to think about the boy- I was so mad at the kid who was now an adult in the MJ case, who wouldnt testify..so I guess I cant now say its nothing..he is 14 and maybe thats the difference-and maybe he just doesnt see it as something bad yet.
I asked my roommate who is 60 (male)..if he would think it was a bad thing at 14..he said he would have felt as if he had died and gone to heavan at 14..but as a 60 year old he felt completely differnt..its totally bad ..so I wonder if the kid himself doesnt feel she should be tried.

I am only speculating gang, I dont think its right at all- I dont know about the kid-if I knew him I could tell- but the good news is she doesnt have less punishment than she was given already.
She escapes a possible guilty verdict which would have her serving time in a jail. (She got off further punishment vs NO punishment.(

I am totally angry with the prosecutor and the victim's mother. The prosecutor dropped the ball, this woman should have been brought to trial. I will post the transcript from tonight's Nancy Grace Show so those of you who have questions will get your answers. Nancy drives me crazy, but she has been covering this case and I did learn a lot from her show tonight.

The victim's mother is angry at the judge now!! I don't have time to post all of the details, but it is all in the transcript which I will post when it becomes available later this evening.

You know, the victim's mother didn't want her son to testify but the prosecution could have worked around that and they chose not to. I am not one bit angry with the judge, as a matter of fact I respect his decision not to accept the plea deal.

I bet you money that the victim's mother will file a civil suit against the school system and have her son testify at that trial!! If she does, I will be so upset with her.

Debra gave an interview today and it was shown on Nancy's show---it was all about me, me, me and how unfair the media has been to her, on and on and on. She shows absolutely no remorse and no concern for the victim. She blames all of her actions on being bipolar.

Jean said:
I am totally angry with the prosecutor and the victim's mother. The prosecutor dropped the ball, this woman should have been brought to trial. I will post the transcript from tonight's Nancy Grace Show so those of you who have questions will get your answers. Nancy drives me crazy, but she has been covering this case and I did learn a lot from her show tonight.

The victim's mother is angry at the judge now!! I don't have time to post all of the details, but it is all in the transcript which I will post when it becomes available later this evening.

You know, the victim's mother didn't want her son to testify but the prosecution could have worked around that and they chose not to. I am not one bit angry with the judge, as a matter of fact I respect his decision not to accept the plea deal.

I bet you money that the victim's mother will file a civil suit against the school system and have her son testify at that trial!! If she does, I will be so upset with her.

Debra gave an interview today and it was shown on Nancy's show---it was all about me, me, me and how unfair the media has been to her, on and on and on. She shows absolutely no remorse and no concern for the victim. She blames all of her actions on being bipolar.
oh damn--- you nailed it--- and I swear to God- If that kid testifies at that trial--.....................

Jean said:

Yes I was equally as stunned when she referred to it as a bump on the road..I think it was a crash landing.
I am with u..when I am talking about this I am just trying to say what happened- I know its completely mishandled.

There have been many cases where bipolar has come into play lately. Fawley is one, Lafave is another. I think they use a system that is based on subjective interpretation and play on it to get what they want.I still see personality disorder as being the true culprit. The entitlement reigns when all other factors disappear. JMO.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NanaKate321
Back